Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

They just issued a frost warning here in Mid Mo I aint believing that global worming shit.

2. Scott McPowershifter, here is the said '55
    You could light a Cheech & Chong fatty on my windshield right now

3. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I had to turn the furnace back on =/

4. 62Furious

62Furious

I hope I found where we left off reading about the beer gets me thirsty

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

6. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

I hate snow...............Ric, hey bite me man

7. No need to worry about me today Johnny, its cooled of to a balmy 89 degrees, its almost cool enough to go out, and work on the car now. :)

8. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ric,
    Now that I'm no longer hindered by that pesky little encumbrance that I used to call a...ummm.....what was it again....?
    Oh yeah!A job!
    Since I got rid of that waste of time from my daily schedule,I now have plenty of free time to work on the car!:)

Just sitting in Toronto airport after flying all night,waiting for 5 more hours to board my 45 minute hop over to home so I can resume putting the car back together....
    My buddies are itchin' to make some test n tune passes,so I need to hurry up and get it done in time to make some shakedown passes before the Meltdown rolls around!

How's everybody else's progress coming?
    Ric? On target,or at least close?
    Saltflats? Did you get those heads squared away?
    How about everybody else?
    Are the clutches clutching,shifters shifting,and ignition....igniting?:)

There's a certain black Falcon I'm really looking forward to seeing,among others.

Do I always ramble like this,or is it just when I am severely sleep deprived...?

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. We are scrambling! The car should come back from the chassis shop middle end of next week. I let Bryce @ Dr. J's sell my heads to a customer in great need now, with his promise I would get an even better more updated set of 245cc's in return, so I got my fingers and toes crossed. Soon as I get the car back, we'll change the 4.30's out for the 4.88's. The engine that came out of the 56 is also getting freshened with a little boost in vitamin HP, and it will be done and dynoed first, so if the "super bad" isn't done, we can go with the ole 410 that should boil the dyno in the 650-675 range on pump gas. If that engine is used, probably leave the 4.30 gear in. For our carbureted combo, I sent a pair of Holley 6109's (4160 style 750 double pumpers that were designed by Holley as replacements for center squirters to improve drivability) to Bob Book @ Book Racing Enterprises, for some of his magic. The carbs will go on an Edelbrock Victor Ram, with a homemade nylon plenum spacer/isolater, that adapts to a Weiand Big Block top plate that has the carb pads spread at 10.3 inches center to center, for plenty of room to run the carbs inline with rear metering blocks instead of plates. We recently scored a nice set of magnesium American 15 x 9.5 spokes for the rear, so we'll be rolling our slicks on those.

10. Still making the tin... and making more good panels than scrap... :)

11. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

12. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Here's a pic of Grandma's new shoes... WP_20140515_003.jpg

beebee78 likes this.
  13. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

My clutch, is not clutching lol Had some set backs at the track , but should have them straightened out soon.

beebee78 likes this.
  14. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Hey Ric...you have two months...everyone else has 59 days...hope your all ready.

15. AARRRGH!

16. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I was wrong Ric...you still have two months, but everyone else has 60 days.

17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I so wish we could make this event this year but it's not meant to be. Going to try hard for next year.

18. powrshftr

powrshftr

Baby steps today.....cleaned up an old set of 289 valve covers and painted them to spruce up the Ol motor,but they look like turd,so I'll haul em off of there tomorrow and blast em and paint em again....properly this time.
    The aftermarket air cleaner looks ok done up in the factory gold paint with some repro 289/225 decals on it though.

It's gonna be a mad dash to get it finished in time,but there is no way in hell I'm not gonna make the race!:)

Scott ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400538842.490531.jpg

19. ardyboy

ardyboy

We'll be on the road for most of the day Thursday. What time will the track close on Thursday? We would like to get in and set up a bit.

20. The gate will be open until early evening. There is a holding area also. It will not be an issue to get on site.

21. powrshftr

powrshftr

By holding area,do you mean a secure site to drop off our junk so we can crash at the motel and get a decent night's sleep before a big day of breaking the aforementioned junk?:D

Scott

Ps:Thanks in advance for all the hard work you guys have put into this event.You guys are a part of something very special.
    Speaking of very special,its time to take my meds.

22. Looking forward to that weekend and I'm still pushing ahead on my friends Henry J!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  23. Woooo, my favorite style of wheels.....gonna look "right"

24. That's the attitude....you "are" going to be there(Ford engine and all :)"

I just got off the phone with Charlie Overfelt and we "have the same attitude"....even if we are "just some nutcases with some ol Flatheads".....but no stinkin doors on our cars.....they weigh too much......hahaha

Charlie is driving from Virginia, myself from central Texas....

Not hearing much from any other Flathead "types".....other than the Flathead Caddy FED....anybody else game?

25. 62Furious

62Furious

Oh No I have less than 60 days to get my car out from it's blanket and get it ready. This is going to be a crunch to swap out the rear end so now the project car goes on the back burner. MELTDOWN here I come

26. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

27. Upholstery for the seat - checked off the list.
    [​IMG]

55belairx2, powrshftr and beebee78 like this.
  28. Love that Smoke....that Dragster is Ready!!!!....can't wait to see it in person

29. powrshftr

powrshftr

Dodgeboy: Are you sure your driver is old enough?
    She also seems to have some objections....Maybe you painted the car the wrong color for her?

You've ALWAYS gotta consult the driver about this stuff BEFORE it goes in the paint shop,man!
    What are you,new or something...?;)

Scott

30. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

We are looking forward to coming out, a few of us got out this past weekend for 10290706_535325489911110_7797227673664514679_n.jpg 10271595_535325519911107_803683224078051312_n.jpg the first time.