Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Version 7.0: BUG REPORT THREAD

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

Does the search function work? I'm not having luck. It finds members by name when restricting filter to say 1936. Even if I use threads only started by member.

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Search function is down right now.

3. jwilde

jwilde

4. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

5. Old ads in the classifieds are gone - had to be so that they can conform to the new template (searchable by state)

Fixed, thanks for the heads-up.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

there is too much whiteness, its blinding!

7. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

I joined the Alliance the other day and the automated e-mail confirmation had a click "here" link that took me to a 404 not found page. I did find the same message in my Alerts and that link did work. Just an FYI

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fixed.

9. Awesome job Ryan :)

Small issue, tiny page numbers are hard to see and pale grey font lost to ageing eyes.

more of an issue , every page loads Hamb banner and Alliance banner and it fills the screen so EVERY page view has to be scrolled before any new item can be viewed/read. Tedious .

Respectfully ,

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Save your finger - join the Alliance!

:)

11. Trad V8

Trad V8
    from Edinburgh

My subscribed threads were previously weekly updates, now they are instantaneous real time. Will the old settings be re-instated or do we need to re-subscribe? And tks for all the graft and hard work.

12. Seriously Ryan , please excuse my ignorance , is that blue banner gonna go away if I pay US$50 to you?

13. It's been mentioned before but here's a couple of screenshots showing the "view-ability" issues.

This is what I'm seeing on IE8 and IE9...

IE8.jpg

Here's the view from Torch...

Torch.jpg

And from Firefox...

Firefox.jpg

Safari, Seamonkey and Avant also display nearly identically to these last two samples. I don't have access to IE in anything newer than version 9.

Mostly this was just an excuse to see how well this new picture upload feature works.

SWEET!

14. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

OK - so the entire message title will take you to new posts. ;) The more I play, the more I like! ;) Disregard this 'bug' complaint. ;)

15. Pretty sure it doesn't make sense to have the section headings the same color as the background in the preferences, nor should the "Your Profile Page" link be floating in the middle of a username.

Does this on both FF and Safari in OS X:
    Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 8.07.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 8.17.05 PM.png

16. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I try to post a car for sale in the classifieds using my iPhone 5, I get this:

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400117952.174816.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. At least you can see print, when I mouse over the upper left two flags all i get is a white box !!!

18. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Still awful slow on my apple I pad (all I use too).....im'e not in love with the new look hell I like old" stuff but get the speed issue fixed and im'e in. Been thinking about joining the alliance for a while but man the current speed sucks!

19. mphudak

mphudak
    from Atlanta

Didnt see it listed but i can access the social groups. I can find the ones i am subscribed to but when i try to go into any of them i get an error message.

Im slowly adapting to the new format but is there anyway to still view all pages of a thread as one page or is that long gone? I really liked that feature.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ryan: Looks like your chrome piston rings are starting to seat. I noticed one thing this morning; my mini avatar pic in replied to threads is just a thin slice? Yesterday it was the complete photo.

21. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ryan: The slice, turned back into a whole pic. Either thanks or never mind? Keep up the good work.

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm on these styling problems... Site looks fine in Safari... Obviously, needs to look good everywhere...

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That's in safari???? What version?

24. I'm running Safari 7.0.3 on the house computer and things look perfect.

Running the latest Safari on Mavericks at the office and it looks just fine there too.

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I hate internet explorer with a passion that runs soooo deep.

The styles have been added to my to do list. I'll get these issues sorted fellas.

Nevala likes this.
  26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

After doing some browser testing, it looks like the issues are in IE 8.0 for the most part... My god... When was that released? 2008?

This is gonna be hard.

27. What's a "profile post"? One showed up in a search I did, it read like a personal message between two guys.

28. Amateur Sketch

Amateur Sketch

Will there be a "hover preview" function on the new board? I have no idea what you call it, but when you hover your pointer over the title of a post on the main board, it shows the first few sentences of the post itself. It comes in handy when people have posts with titles like, "Oh Gee!" or "Hot dawg!!" A quick hover and I can usually tell if I'm interested or need to move on to the next post or not.

29. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

I keep getting popups while on here now...

No more post counts?

Theres this little bar under the title of every page thaqt has things such as.... Kim karadashian in a bikini... etc.... WHY?

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I received a conversation from Junior Stock with a photo in it (first one) and there is no reply button. My other conversations, (without photos) all have reply buttons.
    upload_2014-5-15_21-4-6.png