Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your coolest piece of speed equipment?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie, May 12, 2005.

1. dochorsepower

dochorsepower

OK, here's mine. This Culver City Halibrand quickie that I plan to install in my "A" rod. I've been hoarding this thing since 1963.

Attached Files:

• QC20.jpg
      QC20.jpg
      File size:
      113.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Original 68 corvette 427 heads. Ported and Polished by Mondello's porting service back in the day. They are period correct and date coded so... theoretically they may have been on Mondello and Motsuburo's 210 mph fiat.

3. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

My right foot :D

and a V-12 Flatty,,not so much fast but fun

4. Hmmmm . . . for early stuff, my SCOT blower and Harman-Collins mag for a flathead. Or maybe my 39 box with Zephyr gears . . . or maybe my Halibrand Q.C. ---- shit, I like em all the same . . . kind of like kids I guess :D

For my 392 Hemi stuff, I really like the Donovan 417 heads and matching valve covers . . . great castings, covers fit exactly right, etc.. But I also like that 6-71 blower on top . . . makes the whole package worthwhile!

Too tough of a decision . . .

Dale

5. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I want more details man...That's bitchin'.:cool:
    Pm Me or e-mail me.

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Mine would have to be my Block letter heads and 2 carb Edelebrock manifold for the flatty that I will build someday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or maybe this Mopar flat 6 Edmunds with the ball carbs and linkage,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But then again maybe it's this Offy 4bbl to 2 two bbl carb adaptor with 97's on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dunno, I guess I like em all equally.

B:)B

7. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

everything my dad has given me

8. I got a blower belt from Cruz Pendergon's car. He tossed it during a wreck near here a few years ago. Car was tore up. Soon after it started to rain and the event was moved back a couple weeks. He came back and won!

9. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

My set of Moon discs I got from Dean Moon off of what he told was the Moonbeam. Got them in 1980 at the Pomona swap meet. They were not out for sale, he just had them stashed in his trailer. He gave them to me when I showed an interest in the new ones he was selling but at the time I did not have the money so he dug these out and gave them to me, free. I did not realize at the time just how cool this truly was. They still had salt crust in them.

10. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

How 'bout a Jim Davis 392 fuel pump extension off my dad's Fuel Altered: It's pretty fu$#n' cool-

davis.jpg

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

one of these days i gotta stop over on a trip home... i really would love to see your walls B:eek:b :D

12. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

You are welcome anytime my friend.

B:)B

13. Just added this Fenton head to my collection for my flathead 6.

Attached Files:

14. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

Oh Jeez---maybe it's the Lightning 4 carb w/ the 81's---or the ELCO twin plug heads---------or the Kong ignition----------or the Scott super slot triple injection-----------or the rest of the crap.Too much flathead stuff.What's a guy to do?

15. randy w

randy w
    from tx

I picked up an Eldebrock Scorpion intake with B&m adapter for two sode draft two barrels, Mikuni, I think will be cool when i get a SBC to put it on. Got it at Pate yesterday.:)

Attached Files:

16. nexxussian

nexxussian

Ummm, the Hilborn Distributor / pump drive for a SBC w/ a PG150 Pump on it? Or maybe the 3/4 of a draw through turbo kit (turbo, waste gate, cast draw through/ intake adaper)? Not nearly as cool as an Ardun or a Wayne (12 port) but it's what I got.

17. 72sst

72sst

Probably my 58/59 D-500 2x4 intake and carbs.

18. Mike_B

Mike_B

CompCams flat tappet solid lifter cam.

And they may not be true speed equipment, but sure look cool -- Cal Custom finned aluminum valve covers.

19. GlenC

GlenC

No pics yet but I just scored a set of Lucas mechanical fuel injectors for my Triumph 2500 inline 6 engine. You guys would probably have only seen these on the TR6 PI sports cars, but they are claimed to be the first fuel injection systems used on a production sedan. They first appeared in the late 60's on the sports cars and then made it onto the Mk 1 Triumph 2.5PI sedan in 1969.

They add about 40hp to the stock engine in combination with the factory PI cam and 9.5/1 compression head, 138hp out of 2500cc compard to 98hp from the stocker. The TR6 engine was rated at 150hp, and racing engines make 250+hp.

They also look good and sound AWESOME!

Cheers, Glen.

20. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I like my finned aluminum early vette valve covers that just barely fit over the roller rockers using extra thick gaskets.

I also like my 1962 Offy crossram with dual 4 barrels and finned aluminum breathers, even though they are new. It makes for a different looking setup and fits under the hood nicely.

I also like my early Muncie trans with Hurst "Push Down" shifter. This is one of the first reverse lock out shifters and I though I gave the original away years ago, I was able to secure another original knob with the "Push Down" lettering.

Not overly cool, just different and different I like.

See pics in my album if you like...

By the way, cool post!!!

21. rodster

rodster
    Member Emeritus

Look to your left. 4 stromberg 48's set up with a single base resulting in a unitized 8-barrel using two butterfly shafts. Done by Tom Cobbs in 1948.

Moriarity likes this.
  22. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Not HAMB friendly but I like it. My home made Baby Bug Catcher fuel injection for the 3 liter Nissan V6 I had in Jack Costella's NT3 when we set the F/FS record.

23. davesvintage

davesvintage

A pair of ''Mr. Gasket'' 289 & 302 valve covers that I recently purchased and restored. Never seen another set in over 40 years of collecting. Thought I'd share the find. Rose Garden 015.jpg Rose Garden 015.jpg Rose Garden 007.jpg

24. Either my Knudsen head for a Ford flathead 6 (on my avatar) or my Cyclone head for a Ford flathead 6 (in the shop waiting to go on a 254 I'm building.

25. 4thhorseman

4thhorseman
    from SW Desert

Legit GM 6-71 blower. And the M/T 429 valve covers I guess.
    [​IMG]

26. Muttley

Muttley

Those are pretty cool, in a so ugly it's cool kind of way.

27. 80WTI

80WTI

probably the graham supercharger or either one of the hilborn injections
    [​IMG]

28. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I have a STROMBERG-BENDIX downdraft intake manifold circa 1931 on my B motor with an original CRAGAR head circa 1935. This manifold was sold through Ford dealers. This is on my extended cab CCPU that is a sweet driver with a T-5 and an F-100 steering box.

29. Winfield 6:1 'Yellow head' and SR-B carb

[​IMG]

Martin_F likes this.
  30. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

here is my cool sbc intake. Only seen one other and never seen one on a car. (if you have a pic of one installed please let me know.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2014