Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. ChefMike

ChefMike

I like the new look its easy to get around and easy to read post , Great job !

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thank God HAMB is back up! I was getting so damn antsy that it was pitiful, and will be a happy camper once more when the social groups are back up and I figger out how to get around OK.
    Like most old farts I'm resistant to change and it pisses me off to the extreme sometimes. Bt once I understand how to work with that change, whatever it is, if I see benefit in it, I accept it happily.
    Maybe for me the benefit will be posting images, as I'm still intimidated on that and have never posted any pics.

3. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Move your cursor onto your avatar.

4. yardmanstephen

yardmanstephen

Look's great! How do I get to the private post that I had. I have some parts for guys in the wanted section. Thanks Steve

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

To quote an old saying" There's nothing as constant as change." But with my 'new' avatar and my old name, I'd bet that's going to confuse a lot of folks...
    R-

6. 73RR

73RR

all of the avatars are out of proportion...will there be a 'fix' for that?

I also like how everyone is now a 'new member'...:p

7. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

Great to be back!

8. Just curious, what is the points thing about?

9. 562roadster

562roadster

It looks amazing. Very well though out. It was worth the wait. Thank you.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. 61falcon

61falcon

my avatar photo is grainy but was clear on the old site. is this fixable?

11. Flatulus Antiquitus

Flatulus Antiquitus
    from SoCal

Been having serious HAMB withdrawal! Didn't even realize I was addicted.
    This old guy does like the larger font.

12. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I see the HAMB is finally back on line----YAA HOO!!!!!! I was going through serious withdrawals!!!!! Miss the social groups but I understand that part is still in the works. I also notice most everyones avatar is visually distorted, is that an issue that will be corrected? The new style of pages are sure easier to read, and once I figured out how to register I finally got rid of the UNWANTED ads. AH---- the new thing growing pains---- BILL RINALDI

13. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thanks Jimmy B for the help

14. Now, that I've had a chance to check out all the new features and layout, I really think 7.0 is great!

Be patient guys. Having rolled out big projects like this I can tell you that this undertaking was huge!! There will always be tweaks and little fixes that need to be made but this roll out seems amazingly bug free. Amazing job, Ryan.

I'm really happy to be back after wandering, lost, through the interweb wilderness for a week, with little to sustain me. Although, I did spend some time over at the Ford Barn and learned a lot over there. It's a great site too. Definitely a different crowd though. I saw quite a few HAMB refugees.

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow what a change! Congrats Ryan & The German! Looks like I have some learning to do !

16. There is a little envelope up on the right side of the banner at the top of the page click on that.

17. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

Never mind. If I would read a little, I would see the awnsers someitmes. Grreat work Ryan and The German. Site is looking good.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  18. I got a lot done while the site was down. Now back to business as usual.

I too am somewhat resistant to change but just bumping around the site so far I like it.

I like the "date thread started" feature on the thread list.

There doesn't seem to be an option to open all pages of the thread at one time "view all" or is it just done in a different way? I can see where it could be a bandwidth issue with an old thread and lot's of pictures.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  19. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

okay everyone, lets see all the completed projects that got finished during the change over..

20. Model T1

Model T1

I'm just happy the forum is back. Seems like almost everything I'm on has changed or is changing. I'm too old for change! But guess I will eventually figure it out. Thanks Ryan for making this forum available.

21. Luckyred53

Luckyred53

great job welcome back i need my fix .....

22. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Looks fantastic! I did not realize how many times I check the site until it was down. Looking forward to the completed site and app!

23. OlSchoolCruizin

OlSchoolCruizin
    from Tampa, fl

The place looks great! All the new features are awesome. Im in the middle of getting my Merc on the road and really missed all the info here. So glad to have the HAMB back!

24. To quote Ryan's initial blog post on this thread:

"4. Social Forums. We introduced social groups a few years ago as a way for people to host their own private forums. The feature was never very well planned out or executed, so we decided to rethink the entire idea. “Social Forums” will launch later this week… And don’t worry, if you hosted a social group on the old platform all of your threads and posts have been saved and will be imported into the new system."

25. Also glad to see it back and like most, visited regularly since it was down to check status.
    Looks like it may take a little getting used to but so far looking good Ryan and Mr German.

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Hold your Control button (Ctrl) down on your keyboard and scroll your mouse control wheel up or down to increase or decrease the font size.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. olgraybeard

olgraybeard

"Looks fantastic! I did not realize how many times I check the site until it was down." Me to! Avatars are bigger , but grainy, but take some well earned time off!!

28. Model T1

Model T1

I use Firefox. Just click - or + to change the size. All I have to say otherwise is thanks Ryan and everyone who made a great site even better. Now I gotta learn all over. Just noticed I've been here two years and haven't gotten in trouble yet....... Too much!

29. Always wanted a '40 Packard, now my '34 looks kinda like one...

30. How come everyone is a New Member? Last time I checked I've been a member here since 2002. Not pissed just curious. Other than that, it look good. Good job Ryan.