2020 H.A.M.B. Drags: Register Now!

2020 H.A.M.B. Drags: Register Now!

So I decided to open registration to the 2020 H.A.M.B. Drags Nationals this morning. It’s a decision that I’ve had a hard time with for weeks given the state of the Covid-19 pandemic, but August is still quite some time away and I’ve decided to try to look at things as though the glass is half-full. To be frank, if things haven’t changed for the better (according to scientists, not politicians) by July, we will have to cancel the event.

I’ve come to terms with the fact that I am not comfortable risking anyone’s health to have a drag race. I love you guys and all… but this is also a selfish decision. I have an immune disease and have to be particularly careful during all of this. And so, using my own risk factor seems to be a good way to measure the risk of the event as a whole.

The Go/No-Go decision will be based entirely on models made my epidemiologists and not by local or federal government officials. If the nerds say we are safe, we race. If they don’t, we stay home. It’s that simple.

If given the all clear, your registration packets will be delivered in early August and the race will go as it always has. There will be no compromises and no changes to the format.

If the models show that Covid-19 is still a risk, the event will be canceled in July and you will be sent an email giving you two options:

  1. You can opt to have your registration refunded in full.
  2. You can opt to have your registration fees donated to MoKan Dragway in an effort to help them get through this really difficult racing season.


And that’s really it fellas. I wanted to get this out to you guys and make sure expectations were set. My biggest concern at this point is disappointing those that support me. I really wanted you guys to know that we are taking this seriously and that if the risk is there, we won’t hesitate to cancel this thing. We have a lot of progress to make before we can have the drags, but August is still months away. Fingers Crossed. Stay safe. Do your part… Maybe we can make this thing happen!


**Editor’s Note: I spoke with LaQuinta (Our host hotel) and they have agreed to issue complete refunds on cancellations as well.

11 Comments on the H.A.M.B.

Comments are closed.