Register now to get rid of these ads!

You know you're getting old when...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night.

2. 39 Ford

39 Ford

When you realize that you were brought up to respect your elders and they are few and far between.

3. castirondude

castirondude

My grandma is almost 90 and in a retirement home. She'll say to someone who is 65-70 and just moved in "aww you're still young you can still do all these things.
    Then I realize you know 60-90 is 30 years, that's a long time and really from her point of view she's perfectly right.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

4. castirondude

castirondude

Ha! We had a 4 digit phone# too .. it was 1078 .. this was in the 80s tho, small town

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

5. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

I remember waking up feeling like a million bucks,Now its more like a bounced check!

6. My dad will be 90 in june. His favorite saying,.."golden years my ass"!

7. LAROKE

LAROKE

When you can no longer be judged by a jury of your peers 'cause there's none left.

(I hope I didn't already say that in my earlier post)

8. You're old when they can't do a hip replacement on you because they can't get the parts.

9. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

10. 4 digits? how about cranking 2 longs and a short. or different rings for everyone on your party line!

11. This is some funny stuff - mostly because it's all true!

"Nothing worse than oogling a hot chick on a poster from the 60's and realizing she's in her seventies now." I can so relate to this since one of my favorite playmate pinups is from 1962!

Ours was 5545

My golden years are rusting out!
    rg

12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Bifocal contact lenses? Never even heard of 'em. I tried contacts years ago but I'm a whimp at getting things near and in my eyes.

I started taking gin sing and fish oil pills about a month ago and I do seem to be improving physically but I don't know if it's them, the warmer weather or just getting back in the swing of things. Feels good to get in at least a half day's work, before my noon nap. :)

13. "You know you're getting old, when you wake up to someone strange every day"! (I think!)

14. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

"You know you are getting old when you remember Saturday Night Live when it was still funny."

15. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

You know your getting old when it takes all night,to do, what you use to do all night long:)

16. High 80s and humid here today and I went to the junkyard where I pulled one disc rotor for my driver and one steering column to sell. Both came out easy; 11 bolts on the column. Just hot, and especially hot working under the dash of a POS '77 Olds that had long since seen better days, even with both doors open no way to get air moving down there. I didn't push hard or anything, carried my tools in a wagon, but I was still sweating buckets.

I was so wiped out from doing that that after dinner I took a nap. Yeah, I'm getting old.

17. OldTimeBiker

OldTimeBiker
    from Chicago

Very Important thing to remember!!! Cherish this because it's absolutely true...truer than ANYTHING else in this thread...................

Getting old beats the alternative...always has and always will!!!

AND...when some younger mook gives you shit for being old...tell him that ONLY THE LUCKY GET TO BE OLD And... he better hope his luck holds out!

18. I don't which better (or worse) a young gal saying that I look great for 71. or talking to an old guy then finding out he's only 60.

19. flathead okie

flathead okie

I was a greens keeper at the country club in our town back in the early 70s. I think golfers are the biggest bastards on earth. Golf balls hurt. No I'll never take up golfing. I have poured anti freeze on the greens, spelling out what I thought of them.

Oh yeah, it sucks getting old.

20. 63comet

63comet

Haven't seen friends on the History Channel yet but I was piddling around the house one day with it on for background noise.

I heard someone ranting and it made me stand up straight and immediately try to figure out what I'd done wrong!
    It was my old boss, probably one of the best mechanics I've ever known, and some other guys from his group up in Greenland working on digging an airplane out of the ice!

21. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Any young gal saying anything is better. In my case it's usually "Sir, your shoes are untied".

Wow, that's bold!

22. 66

from usa

You know when your getting old when you look forward to senior citizens day at the
    Supermarket!

23. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

I remember when I looked around at a party and realized I was the oldest person there, I was 19. Sometime later when I started to see major league athletes that were younger than me it gave me a twinge, when I started to see umpires/referees that were younger than me that was startling.

24. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

It's all relative. Back when I was dating, a gal told me I must have been very handsome when I was young. That was almost 20 years ago! More recently, after knee surgery for a skiing accident, I was at the steel yard when a young dude called me "Pops". Well, I blame that on the crutch I had at the time. Yeah, we're all getting older, but I figure there's benefits, for those who know where to look. I didn't have time nor money to do lots of things while I was working and raising kids. Now their grown, and I saved, and guess what, I'm having the time of my life. Reading glasses?, had them for 20 years now. So what, at least I have the time to read! The best is that I've been able to get out to the drags. I really wanted to advance into an Altered, and my gal said, "If your gonna do it, do it now". Best advice I ever took. Even got a trophy to look at. Now it's her turn, so, I built a 23T bracket car for her. Going to the track this weekend, and this time I'm the crew. What a woman. When a little hottie walks by, all I see is a self absorbed nightmare entranced by her "dumb" phone! I'd take a GILF over one of those any time! Sitting down to pee in the night - at least I don't get yelled at for leaving the seat up anymore! Silver linings abound.

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You know you are looking old when the blue hairs pinch you on the butt in the checkout line.

After buying a new to me daily driver I've decided that you know you are getting old when you pick cars for drivers or projects based on the ease of getting in and out of them rather than how cool they look.

26. synchro7

synchro7

When you realize that your nectar of the gods has changed from BEER to coffee or water!

27. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I channelled my late grandfather on the way to work today, when I realized my turn signal had been on for miles.

28. Bluedot

Bluedot

Bob Hope's Four Stages of a Man Growing Old:
    1. You forget names.
    2. You forget faces.
    3. You forget to zip up.
    4. You forget to zip down

At 67, I am already on #3. But I am enjoying growing old. Attitude is everything!!!

kiwijeff likes this.
  29. manyolcars

manyolcars

thats why the HAMB has so many off topic cars that never were traditional hotrods

30. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

From recent experience:

You know you're getting old when you see a guy at the swap meet holding a carburetor with a totally gorgeous babe in hot pants by his side.....

and you check to see what kind of carb it is.