Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Yet another Vicky project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by landseaandair, Sep 7, 2009.

1. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Assembled and mounted.
    DSCN7755.JPG DSCN7760.JPG DSCN7761.JPG DSCN7767.JPG DSCN7773.JPG

2. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Sat in the car and realized my gas foot was going to be at a really uncomfortable angle, so it got moved for a third time along with a big ding in the tunnel.
    DSCN7782.JPG

3. Canuck

Canuck

Great post.

Have made fiberglass fan shrouds before using a female mold, what a pain. When I first saw the stretch fabric method, thought great that looks easier.

But REALLY LIKE your idea of mounting a disk to the water pump. What a great way of getting the angle of the fan and diameter nailed down. Will be stealing this idea when the coupe gets back together as I know I will be needing a shroud for cooling and for safety.

Thanks

Canuck

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I REALLY like that you hand painted letters on the small letter firestones. Man, that just SCREAMS mid sixties, VERY nice! LOVE the grill insert as well, Jeez LSA, this is really something!

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

subscribed. Man, hell of a nice job. This thing is really gonna be a stand-out.

6. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Thanks guys. Will probably never be done with all the ideas I've got, really just need to get it running though. Like somebody on here said..."at some point you just need to drive the fucker".
    Am going to have to skimp on the engine compartment a bit to do that but it should have a full louvered hood someday to hide it all anyways.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Theres just so much I love here.Love the low-back fiberglass buckets, I am accumulating a pile of parts for a circa 1967 t bucket, have a set for that deal, an absolute KEY ingredient. Another thing, the rear tire size. So many guys would just go to 8.00's or 8.50s, because those are biggest, and biggest is best, right? RIGHT??:rolleyes:
    The 5.5" front rims, instead of getting the skinniest ones you can get. Another subtle, but critical sixties touch. Finesse is the word that springs to mind here.

8. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Just got these in the mail. No where near ready to do the exhaust but flared "scavenger" tips are a little tough to find these days and I found these at a real good price on Ebay. Actually have enough to do the full weed burner look but 2 per side seems about right.

DSCN7791.JPG DSCN7795.JPG

Loved the glass seats George but they were very narrow, fine for me, but not for some of my potential passengers. Bench also gives a wee bit of storage behind it and I can set stuff next to me while I'm driving.

9. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Dang, door gaps look horrible in those pics. Their actually pretty decent from a side view.

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ha, screw the fat bastards, let 'em walk!:D Love the scavenger tips, I need four of those for my '39...

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You're damned right it's going to have a fully louvered hood at some point! Bend one up and bring it over!!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Chip, that'd be awesome. Don't have much cash but could be your slave for a few days.:) Gonna knock out a few details and get most of the body work done then piece together the hood. Should be sometime at the end of next month at best.

13. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Guess your off the hook Chip. Main reason for the hood was cause of my clever but homely budget headers. Built the drivers header off the only spare set of heads I had...yep angle plugs. Tried to guestimate a straight plug and the rear bend is just too close. Then I collapsed it trying to ding it for clearance (most likely subconsciously on purpose as I hated them anyways). It's probably a blessing in disguise as the car is going to get custom side exit headers now and more shiny stuff. DSCN7841.JPG DSCN7843.JPG

14. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Also added a mechanical brake light switch and beefed up the pedal assembly. Rod end in single shear spooked me a little. Slept on it and did it again the way I should have in the first place lol. Switch is dirt cheap from Oreilly's, '66 Riviera. DSCN7799.JPG
    DSCN7820.JPG DSCN7805.JPG

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    volvobrynk likes this.
  15. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Here's the old GM crate 350 with a mild cam that's going to push this thing around for a while after some dolling up. Was out of my '67 Nova and still fairly low miles. Car is now stripped and ready for bodywork. Last chore in the sweat box was tidying up quarter window openings, adding upholstery flanges and filling extra holes in the firewall and tunnel. After a little break earning some groceries and rent I'll get this thing in smooth and primed at least.
    DSCN7846.JPG DSCN7850.JPG DSCN7866.JPG DSCN7868.JPG DSCN7862.JPG DSCN7854.JPG DSCN7856.JPG DSCN7838.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. daddylama

daddylama

coming along nicely...
    and dammed slick idea with the disc/fan shroud!

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Well now, dont be so hasty. How about a stylish hood side panel cut for header clearance with a bead rolled around the opening and two staggered rows of small louvers above the hole? Could look pretty sharp...

18. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

A hood top is a good possibility but sides are not happening now. Need to get as much heat as possible out in these parts anyways. Can't wait to build some new headers. Will either be a plugged dump style out of real torque tubes or swoopy bends with big can collectors (Spherex White of coarse) and 4 flared tips out the back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Most likely the latter.

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'd vote for the latter...

So you like that "four tips out the back" deal, eh?;):D

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

You know, this is something I never thought I'd find myself saying, but this is one car that just BEGS for an X-1 intake!

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Izzat Bryant's car before the deuce frame? Sure looks like Coronado district to me!

As far as the hood goes, the offer still holds. You're a buddy, don't sweat the money end of stuff on it, just bend it up and bring it over and we'll do what you want with it.

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. Building hot rods is an expensive pain in the ass isn't it? I don't know why anyone would do it. It is coming along nicely though.

need louvers ? likes this.
  23. smitty29

smitty29
    from Illinois

Really enjoying all the custom touches here. Excellent work! Can't wait to start my Vicky now!

24. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Like my dad would say..."great minds think alike". Hey I didn't buy a whole box of them for nothin'. Only two mufflers though.

25. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Dang, that's alotta carbs. Sorry just a single AFB on an Edelbrock C4B for now.

26. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Nope, it's Rick's shortly after he got it. The Y block sure looked good in there. Is Coronado though and a hood top may still happen.

27. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Yep and thanks. Can't wait too see yours shiny with all the chrome and a Hemi to boot!
    Thanks and do it.

28. Cool build. This is my favorite view so far.
    [​IMG]

falcongeorge and volvobrynk like this.
  29. This really is coming along very nicely.
    It's all in the details and subtleties that separate the cream to the top. That stuff takes time and smarts backed up by dedication. Nice !!!
    I'm digging the concept and routing path for those headers.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014