Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yellow Chopped Merc, circa 1982...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by huffreport, May 21, 2005.

1. huffreport

huffreport

Hi all,

First post here, even though I've been a member for a while now... Here are a couple of unusual pics of a cool Merc that I photographed at night, on one of the early KKOA tours. These pics were taken a long time ago, so I don't remember the details, but I do know a whole bunch of kustoms came cruising into St. Louis around 1982 for an overnight stay on their way to somewhere... Does anyone remember any early events from the KKOA where this photo might have come from? I do recall that on this particular stop, they stayed at the Radisson in what we call "South County" of St. Louis... I will attempt to attach a couple of photos...

Darryl Deir likes this.
  2. Rikster

Rikster

Those are great pictures Huffreport (I love your site btw).
    That Yellow '50 Merc is George Beluscsak's great looking sled. 00 MACK probably can tell you a lot about this Custom. I have a few more photo's of it, and the show might have been the first or second Annual Lead Sled Spectacular. But, I'am not sure about that.

About the car: According to 00 MACK this 50 Merc has the best straight post ever... and I second that. It looks absolutely great, perfect amout removed from the pilars (I dont have any info on how much) to create such long looking doors. '53 Buick side trim, '54 Corvette grille, Buick headlights where neatly molded in together with rounded grille opening and reshaped splash pan. Car was lowered with lowering blocks and de-arched springs. Air shocks with build-in aircompressor are used for the road. Colors are pearl yellow and metallic brown. Interior is upholstered in rather unussual bright!!! yellow fur by John Curey Auto Trim. Wonderful use of '53 Kaiser overriders on stock rear bumper and '53 Ford front bumper. Barris crest on the side look great, but as far as I know Barris never worked on this Merc 00 MACK?

Interesting to see the Merc using '53 Caddy hubcaps in your photo's while its fitted with '57 units in these pictures. The car was using the '57 hubcaps when it appeared at the second LSS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darryl Deir likes this.
  3. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The show was Des Moines or Wichita. When Ted had it , had 53 Cad caps and yellow headlights.This car was chopped by Dick Dean in the early years and the roof is killer. According to Donn Lowe this whole roof was capped off with another roof . The first pic I ever saw of this car was when it was in grey prime with a regular set of frenched 53 Ford headlight rings and the Vette grille ,chopped with regular 51 skirts. Then it went to Ted in Pittsburgh Pa and then to George in Ohio. At any rate the car is now fucked. The last I saw of it was at Gettysburg Pa .It was candy red with ghost flames ,some fuckin shemp ass street rod gut and even a tiny wood grain wheel if my formerly drugged brain recalls that sad day correctly. The guy was also running 1 inch whitewall radials at the time which I think he changed. Ahh fuck it, it wasnt that bad.I just remembered it from when I rode in it when I was 10. It was last seen for 50 grand in the trendsetter.

4. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I remember seeing this car at early KKOA Sled Scene East events. I attended the first few Lead East shows and I think it was there, too. Beluscak was from Chesterland, Ohio.

The yellow and brown color scheme seemed weird at the time, but it certainly was memorable!

5. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The car was at the second Lead East at William Paterson college parked on the highest level of the lot next to Don Curtians 51 convert.

6. KKOA had a meet in Niagara Falls, NY in the 80's that had a small turn out and it was a one shot deal. Saw the car at the convention center there and got these shots.-MIKE:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Rikster

Rikster

And here is another photo of that wild interior.

[​IMG]

8. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

It's like if you killed and skinned 10,000 Tweety birds, you could make that interior. Puke o rama.

Other then that, the body mods are second to none. Great proportion and the lines flow great on the roof into the trunk. I never have been a huge fan of yellow though

9. KKOA Des Moines 1982; Yeah baby!

[​IMG]

10. akustom57

akustom57

When the cars stopped in St. Louis, they were on there way to Witchita for the first KKOA event. Ted owned the car then and George bought it shortly after. George moved from Cleveland to Arizona and then sold the car. The last I seen it was after it was redone on the back of Auto Trader.