Register now to get rid of these ads!

YACK! Anyone know the story on this car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frank, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Cal

Capt. Cal
    from Newton NJ

2. Michael_e

Michael_e

While the Batmobile was getting repaired, so they took Robin's car...

3. Looks like it should be bass boat flake & on some carnival ride with a motorcycle in front and a boat behind, where it goes up over the little humps and the kiddies can honk the horn....:confused: :rolleyes:

4. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Its not a Barris its an Emmbarris or a whiteshort skidmarkster, I think most would agree it must be driven!

5. Frank

Frank

That much I agree. It took a lot of skill with the glass and other fabrication. It could be made to look presentable as some one suggested. Shorten that funky nose and go with some different kind of grill/headlight combo. Remove the central fin and create one on each side but a bit smaller. The side window on the doors look out of place. It does have potential. It was on ebay some months back. It would be cool to see someone buy it and turn it into something beautiful. That person has their work cut out for them.

I wonder if this was ever considered cool?

Here's another oddball.

Attached Files:

6. Von Dutch is not a brand.

Von Dutch is not a brand.
    from around

7. glassguy

glassguy

wow how did ya come up witgh that? yeah its ugly but wouldnt ya love to see it in person just to see how the guy did it all. i guess its like a train wreck when you cant look away...

8. Derek

Derek

Fitting in or not, that is one ugly car, I love it. It actually has pretty darn good lines from the back, and I bet it would look good with the roof off. But I do agree with you C9, I see these posts quite often.

Regardless of what you may think, there is some serious work put into that one. I'd love to have it and restore it to it's former glory. VonDutch, thanks for that link, it really gave a better look to the over all car seeing it from all the different angles. It is a very good representation of some of the gawdy customs from the late '50's and early '60's. It was all about excess, and that car has it. I truly dig the speedboat look on the rear end, classic '60's style.

9. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

I can almost see a 48-50 F series truck in there.

10. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

11. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Yep, the hood kinda has that look. It actually looks familliar to me. Maybe I just remember another thread a long time ago. Different for sure. Not crazy about the front, or the back, but the side profile is kinda cool, less the fin, or maybe with some more conventional fins...

12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Herbie humping Christine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.