Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Y-block 6x2 manifolds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadsledjohnny, Jul 31, 2014.

1. leadsledjohnny

leadsledjohnny

Has anybody got a line on a y-block 6x2's intake? Edelbrock and Offenhouser and a couple others kicked a few of 'em out back in the day.. Thanks..

Attached Files:

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Keep an eye out on the auction site, as well as the HAMB classifieds. A good one pops up once in a while. There was one for sale here recently that was "new" and still in it's old box.
    They sell for a premium dollar and it's probably best to get one made by one of the speed equipment manufacturers of the day rather than a poorly made home built one.

3. I have been looking for one for my six carbs and finally used a 2x4 with two Autolites.(almost as rare and expensive).

4. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I run a Ford 292 y-block in my own hotrod,over the years I chagned out the carbs a number of times and made my own intakes a few of those. If it helps any,here's what seemed to work best for me,I liked the 2x4 set up with small base 4bbls off a Cady El. it worked real good but I got short on $ an sold them{wish I still had those.,So back to just a 4100 4bbl{ was always a very good runner but not as sexy looking as lots of carbs,then put a buddys 3x2 set-up on but it never got right an he didn't want me playing with them. Hand built a 4x2{94's set up that really was smooth but had to sell that{may do another soon. I freind had the 6x2 on his 312Y but it stumbuled a lot,maybe just too much I told him,we added block off to center carbs and it was pretty good ,but have not talked him in about 10+ years,he moved out of state.

5. I have an edelbrock 6x2 I might possibly sell. Just intake no carbs.