Register now to get rid of these ads!

Women in Hot Rodding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Appleseed

Appleseed

If a dude posted a write up and how to get a Hotrod Girl, would he win Tech Week? :p

2. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

They are easy to find. You just have to know where to look. :p

3. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I've never see A pic of her. What did she look like??

4. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

5. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

[​IMG] it's a great thing when all your girl friends are into the same things you are. :) But I dont think we are "only hot rod women" what would you call us if we like the old hot rods, and we like to go out on a weekend and ride around with our guys, and jump terraces or drive 4x4's on insane trails just for the fun of it, and deal with lots of cars parked out in our yards, and any extra $ that could be spent on a nice dinner out gets spent on a new starter for something or other :) And we are cool with that. I think "hot Rodding women " are made up of some special stuff.

6. no55mad

no55mad

Leeza is a great supporter of 'The Surfer' top fuel driver Jeff Diehl. Check out her site at www.nitroagogo.com One could find some gifts there too - maybe we could get her to be an Alliance Vendor.

7. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Just because I can:

[​IMG]

8. lrseclipse

lrseclipse
    from Dallas, TX

great post! *thumbs up*

I didn't know a female owned that shop?!? how awesome, ive been there for a couple of stunt shows and had noooo idea!
    any chick brave enough to bare the Flats on a busa gets mucho props!
    that would be a VERY interesting thread. who's gonna make an attempt?! ima waitin :p

definatly more than sugar and spice ;) maybe add a lil race gas tehehe

9. I love this thread. The old articles are great! Thanks Jimmy B.

My wife is into cars, but not like the Hell's Belles are. I am super impressed by all their rides.

Also, Ashley Webb, has a super cool ride. I don't know her (or her dad) personally, but they are great builders in my book.

10. Jdee

Jdee

Just for fun :D

<object>
    <embed src="http://woodgraining.com/photos/video/habit/habit.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="320" height="270" name="habit" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed></object>

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  11. I like girls, and I like cars. I really like girls who like cars, but all the girls who I know that like cars, also like girls. What a rip-off.

12. lrseclipse

lrseclipse
    from Dallas, TX

13. Jdee

Jdee

Its Chick Habit "April March"
    Jdee

14. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I gots me one of those...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and I assure you...even the old tattoos still look just fine.

15. akjim

akjim

RE:This is one of my favorites! Not one, but two girls, and a bitchin' car! Texas...somewhere around the mid-fifties

That background office sure looks like Barris' place on Atlantic....

16. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

I think it is really important for the hot rod girls of today, the REAL hot rod girls, to continue on the legacy laid before us.[/quote]
    You hit the nail on the head.
    I sometimes wish I had a time machine to go back to the 50's and 60's. I can't imagine what it was like for the ladies of hot rodding back then.
    I hate the puzzled looks I get when I ask folks their hot rods or drag cars. Its like they have never seen a woman interested in hotrods. But I love the feeling of being behind the wheel of "my" truck (I built) and people asking my old man if its his truck, and he likes "nope its her's."
    To me grease is better then shopping any day.

Great thread!:D

17. Dawn

Dawn

What a great thread!

Did I miss a mention of Peggy Hart? Incredibly important role model who worked along side her husband CJ, and drove the shit out of her '33 Willys.

My mom back in 1971.
    [​IMG]

18. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Man, this has turned out to be a great thread. Please keep up the photos/ stories of the lady pioneers of yesteryear. (Especially Doris!)

Also, if there are female lurkers that are seeing this and have felt intimidated in the past, now's a great time to speak up.

19. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Your mom just qualified in the top 10 Coolest Moms Of All Time!

20. Dawn

Dawn

Doubly cool when she'd pick me up from Elementary school in it, amid a parade of 60's station wagons. And yeah, I hopped right up on the rear tire to get in. There was nothing sweeter than the smell of spent pump gas on the way home.

21. GaryC.

GaryC.

This might be one of the best hot rod pix ever!

Attached Files:

22. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

23. no55mad

no55mad

My ex:mad: Took off with her old high school flame and I had to buy back half (her community property half) of my hot rods, HD, house, and tools:mad: :mad: :mad:

24. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Dawn....your mom has the right STUFF!

way cool.....

25. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Jungle Pam.

SMART girl and looked great in knee high boots.:D

26. fitzee

fitzee

Liz Kitzul Or Hot Rod Liz as we know her has put alot of miles on her T buckets over the years.All she does is drive the wheels of this car.Too cool

Attached Files:

• liz3.jpg
      liz3.jpg
      File size:
      55.6 KB
      Views:
  27. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

heres the greatest hot rod girl ever...ummm just kidding has she won a race yet?
    [​IMG]

Lil' Billy likes this.
  28. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Jungle Pam? If you're talking about the photograph I posted, that's Linda Vaughn, Ms. Hurst Golden Shifter herself.

29. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Jungle Pam Hardy :D :D What a show when she staged Jungle Jim Liberman. Burlap bag full o'bobcats.:D

Still like Linda though.

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Anyone remember Shirley Shahan (Drag-on-Lady) from the 60's stock and super stock days. Always wore miniskirts and high heels and was every inch a lady.
    When class call came she would take off the heels and put them behind the front seat, tuck her blonde hair inside her helmet, get in and fire up that Hemi and head for the staging lanes. She could intimidate to most seasoned racer while staging, and was gone on the last yellow. Returning after a run she would detail the run to her husband/tuner and suggest changes and help with the prep for the next round. A fierce competitor and one of the most personable women I've ever met.

Frank