Register now to get rid of these ads!

Women in Hot Rodding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I think I've got the best of both worlds with my wife-- She's not a "gearhead" with a ton of car knowledge, or superb mechanical ability, but she loves traditional hot rodding, supports my car habits completely, and will ride with me shotgun to almost any car event I'm into: We drove in my 39 Merc for 400+ miles to the Primer Nationals with the top down along the coast at night (It got pretty chilly!). She rides along in my roadster to Paso almost every year as well.

Early on in our marriage, I tried to buy her old cars to own and customize, but I finally realized that its MY passion, and she's happy with just supporting me however she can, and learning more about what I love so much along the way...

Icing on the cake? She doesn't look too shabby hanging around the cars either!!! :D
    (At least she's not some clueless model just posing...)

[​IMG]

Photo: Copyright David Perry Studios

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

With all the traveling and photojournalism done by Megan and Denise, it is very possible they will be famous women hot rodders who will be researched by future hot rodders. Hell, we follow their every move now.

3. That is one of the best Farking pics I have seen. :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Some of those Cheese Cake Derby pics were taken here in Bakersfield. Should be the same track I live near.

I love all of these pics, that girl on that bike shiftin gears and grinnin ear to ear has earned HIGH marks in my book. WOW!:eek:

Veda Orr is my heroine, she just don't know it. Doris Stinson? She's one hell of a tough cookie as well.

One of these days, when I grow up, I wanna be just like them.:D

vintagehotrods likes this.
  5. Cshabang

Cshabang

I want a girl like that....you know, one that'll spin wrenches with me and tolerate my insanity, but still be a girl...

6. Rolo

Rolo
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]

This is one of my favorites! Not one, but two girls, and a bitchin' car! Texas...somewhere around the mid-fifties.

7. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

O/T for a minute here, I gotta disagree. Nothing hotter than a girl with tattoos and not the stereotypical ones.

Back to the topic at hand, it's always cool to read about the old days and the people that participated, especially those you don't normally here about(the ladies). I think it would be an interesting book. So who's gonna write it?

8. You're going to grow up?
    Cool!!

9. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Here's one of my gal Heidi, under her '57 chevy adjusting her brakes before she drove to Indy for the Road Rockets, and one of us by her baby...She even drives with me in my model A in 30 degree Ohio weather! Or even in the 110 degree heat at the drag strip, she's either in her own, or putting up with heat and no pipes. it's nice to have a girl who doesn't bitch if i buy car parts:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. What a great looking hot rod,always glad to have more real women in the hobby/life. Thanks

11. 2Hep

2Hep

I'd rather see Gals like that in the zines, then the run of the mill Chick that has the "look" (whatever that means) and nothing more...don't get me wrong T&A does everybody some good now and then...but come-on.

12. This will be the photo,that captured the most "dedicated women' of hot rodding for our era.:D Wonderful thread Ryan.

13. Rolo, that photo is in front of Barris' shop in Lynwood. I believe it is Marcia Campbell's channeled Barris built deuce roadster.

Mick

Attached Files:

14. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

15. JamesG

JamesG

My two favorite girls........

PBR Girl.
    [​IMG]

And my all time favorite.
    [​IMG]

16. DrDano

DrDano
    Alliance Vendor

My gals great-aunt, circa 1945.

[​IMG]

17. OLLIN

OLLIN

This is awesome!! This is the neighborhood I was born and raised in. Years ago, I met an old hot rodder named Ray who was also born in SM. He was a WWII vet, and bought a model a when he came back from the war. He was telling me about how they used to take the fenders off and go up to El Mirage. He also mentioned the shop they are talking about in the article. "Irv's shop". He was saying that ALL the west LA hotrodders used to meet up there, and hang out and race after etc. This is too cool! I havent talked to Ray in years, hope he's still around. He had tons of cool stories.

18. I remember Doris Stinson! My Auto shop teacher used to talk about her. I went to Bell High School,and grew up in Bell,Calif. That's so weird that you mentioned her...

19. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

20. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

In a world full of such diversity and differences. It must be Heaven to find a Mate that shares the same Passion and realizes that its more than rolled up jeans and greasy hair although I am a victim to both. Walking the Walk in a Hot Rod LifeStyle No matter who's looking or judging! A Rebel Girl For Sure! And A Rare one at that! That would be like winning the Lotto to me!
    Hard to meet A Woman that sees it correct to spend more time in the garage than behind the TV. Reason why Im single again! LOL

21. My wife of 22 years is not very involved anymore but she raced my 327, 4spd Willys coupe at Fremont and Bakersfield back when we were first married.

[​IMG]

22. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Ditto...

But who could resist that plump example of scrumtrulescence?

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. The car isn't bad either. 'Nuff said...

23. rixrex

rixrex

Dammit! my junky old compooter won't finish downloading the rest of that "fine behind" Wwaaah....Ryan, fix it.....

24. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

My mom got me into hot rods and bikes !.She was a motor cycle stunt rider for Hunt Brothers Circus a member of a motor cycle "club"back in 1946-47 in Cali.and you would call me a liar if I said which "club" she was part of a husband /wife stunt team getting out when her first husband was killed doing a solo stunt.While shw didn't race herself she was raised around high performance cars and bikes.I love the reaction I get when folks ask how old I was when my DAD got me into cars/bikes and I say I was 10 When my MOM got Involved in them she is the one that insisted I join a local Hot Rod club after SHE checked it out

25. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

26. classicfins

classicfins

SWEET!

27. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

28. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

I got me one too...