Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Window help

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by USMC_RatRod_Grunt, Mar 26, 2017.

1. I'm trying to find a diagram of how window guides are set up on a 1951 Ford. Google has so far been useless, other than window set ups on trucks. If anyone has an info or can set me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

Do you have a 2dr or 4dr? Is it the window channel or the division bar (by the vent glass) Upload a pix of what you are trying to do.

3. Check the Joblot Ford site (they are out of business as of last year) but their 1949-1959 catalog has some good pictures in it. Go to page 87, this is where their door & glass stuff starts. Do you have a manual for your car?

http://www.joblotauto.com/pdf_list.asp?cat_id=18#

4. When I bought the car, it had no windows, but all of the guides, regulators, etc. 4dr, has a wing window and reg window on each door. I am basically starting from scratch with puzzle pieces.

5. It is on the way, as the car is of now a rolling shell I bought from someone with zero vehicular knowledge who did zero with it. I will check out the website and see what they have

6. They are out of business, but still shoot them an email if you see a part that may help you out. Their catalogs are worth it for the great illustrations and other information. My Ford came missing virtually ALL the window and door guts, that was fun.

7. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

A ford parts book for the year of your car will do wonders for the puzzle and or a shop manual will do. Post pix and I can probably tell you some things.

8. I'll grab some pic tomorrow and hopefully you can help till the manual comes

9. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So these are the pieces I have, I know the bottom one is the left itself that the glass sits on, and the other two are the guides or "fuzzies". Most of the stuff I have seen show a long piece on the guides (they called it the batwings). I also have two "U" shaped thin pieces as well. I am pretty sure I am going to need a guide for the wing windows as well.

10. First picture item with two brackets is bottom of glass bracket that the regulator bolts to in order to roll windows up and down. Item in second picture is rear glass guide for front door. It looks like mine the best I recall. I know nothing about rear door parts, as mine is a coupe . You might aught to get one of these . If the window guides are confusing you are gonna have an interesting 5 or 6 years

https://www.amazon.com/1949-1951-Ford-Repair-Manual-Original/dp/B00435FL1G

11. Or send pictures to Chris at shoebox central and/or contact someone at Dennis Carpenter.

USMC_RatRod_Grunt likes this.
  12. Got it. Graciass for the help