Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration WILD PIPES...cool and crazy headers picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

els likes this.
  2. Cones, or megaphones fall entirely into a realm of exhaust theory that completely eludes me. I know that they effect the scavenging but I could not even on my best day even begin to explain why or how. I am sure that length plays out the same as it would on any exhaust pipe but my understanding is that the effect is multiplied or enhanced a great deal. Maybe there is someone who is more up on exhaust theory here on the board that can explain it.

I like the sound of a meg on a properly built exhaust system. The warble when they are tuned properly.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    els likes this.
  3. Kev given the exposed tappets and unit head and cylinder I am going to fathom a guess that this is a Henderson, I dumped the Old man's Henderson over in the garage when I was very little and got a lesson in wet sanding. :eek:

Dick
    The Ariel was the other 4 cylinder that lived at my hose when I was little. it didn't run as often and the ol' Mans Henderson but it was a contender.

Both of these take me on a trip down memory lane. More for what they are then the exhaust I am afraid. but it is a good trip anyway.

Thanks fellas.

4. Third photo up Rob Kennards FE powered bucket?, and the second up a 427 powered boat outa the NZHR magazine circa 1970?? Cool pics Kev, keep em coming..

els likes this.
  5. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another great Kiwi Kev thread!

I don't think many of the headers built in this thread had much science backing them up. :)

Stogy and els like this.
  6. abone1930

abone1930

I dig your t

els likes this.
  7. abone1930

abone1930

My headers on my model a,

Attached Files:

els likes this.
  8. The AJS will be cool, it pains me that bikes are no longer HAMB worthy as there are some really cool and basically unheard of old bikes out there. Well I should say basically unheard of in today's environment. :D

My first solo ride was on a '64 triumph. Not the Ol' Man's bike but he did have a soft spot for limeys in general.

*note to those who are reading this the second time after the edit, the first limey twin I ever owned was a '68 I consistently get that confused in my head. :eek::oops:

I think that you are correct, I can certainly say that those zoomies I posted were not scientific at all the HAMBer wanted zoomies. :eek: but they were built with the idea of lengthening them and adding a collector at a later date in mind. :D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    els likes this.
  9. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

LOL MIDDILE FINGER HEADERS!

Stogy and els like this.
  10. Well those were cool until you stuck the shiny ends on 'em. :D :D ;)

So you coming this way in the next week? I am thinking about building different pipes for my daily while I got it down. You could save me the time and I could work on my hangover while you were doing it. :D

els likes this.
  11. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

That is so cool, I am so jealous ;)

els likes this.
  12. I shouldn't have posted a bike pic. I hope the mods remove the bike pics and don't shut the thread down. Lets keep it to cars.

els likes this.
  13. rfraze

rfraze

Believe this to be Kit Carlisle's T from San Antonio, TX. IMG_3417_zpsdxgikpho.jpg

Stogy and els like this.
  14. Kev I don't think that the mods will get too het up over a couple of bike pics in a hot exhaust thread. I'll show some restraint and not turn it into a discussion on old bikes as I am sure everyone else will and as long as no one whines about it things will probably be OK. ;)

els likes this.
  15. Actually it wasn't until after our cutoff date that the big riff came between cars and bikes. I think that when Ryan created the Jockey Journal it was to separate the two so that we could concentrate on traditional cars here. That is just a guess on my part. I never really hung out over there but from what I have been told it became a real drama fest.

Let me go out on a limb here and say that maybe we should concentrate on cars in this thread, those of us that are bike oriented can always share our stuff via the message system and not cause any consternation on the part of those who are not interested. ;)

els likes this.
  16. From @woodiemike's "Lakes Pictures P.R.C." thread...banger header coolness;
    [​IMG]

Stogy, els and kiwijeff like this.
  17. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I deleted my posts with anything about motorcycles to do my part in keeping this thread open

els likes this.
  18. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

19. fadt

fadt
    from England

Thanks
    Another pic of the pipes

[​IMG]

els and kiwijeff like this.
  20. I sure love all the chome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Stogy, els, kiwijeff and 3 others like this.
  21. 29 Speedster

29 Speedster
    from Colorado

22. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I figured these would come up. This is not my video or motor or the same brand of header but they are 180 degree like the ones you posted, just found it on youtube, here is what they sound like:

Fortyfordcmm and els like this.
  23. How about Gene Peterson's A coupe-ster from HRM 10/63:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stogy, els, Martin Harris and 2 others like this.
  24. And then there's...
    61661.jpg

Stogy, enloe, Dago 88 and 3 others like this.
  25. daddylama

daddylama

really dig these:

[​IMG]