Register now to get rid of these ads!

WICHITA SWAP MEET who's goin and what day?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart36, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Lucky3

Lucky3

Prolly be there Friday....Comin up from OKC if the roads look good enuff.

2. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

Depends on if I can get away.It does seem a bit lame compared to previous years.But you never know what you might find

3. Goodlife

Goodlife

With the weather around here being what it is, I am sure some people will have second thoughts about travel for any extended distance. It is supposed to get warmer by the week-end but the wind chill this morning is -20. Hopefully the Coliseum crews will have the parking lots cleared of snow and you can get around the buildings by Friday. Friday is my usual day, but if it is still nasty I"ll pass.

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Weather is supposed to be pretty good and much warmer this weekend.

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Hell, the major roads have been clear all week. I've been driving my delivery route each day with no problems. There won't be any problems getting to the swap meet.

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

There ya go then :)
    A new battery in my daily will keep me from buying anything but at least I can look.

7. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

really want to get there friday, anyone know a ph number to check & see if its still on?

8. sodas38

sodas38

9. Those delivery guys are tuff;);)

I went to Wichita yesterday no proplem,

10. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

I usually go Friday, but with all the bad weather I'm WAY behind at work. I hope to make it Saturday, but that might not happen either.:(

11. Steve M

Steve M

The weather forecast for Friday calls for a high of 32 degrees. Dress warm!

12. If the highways decent we go!!!!!! They won't close this shin-dig!!

13. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

In all my years living in Wichita, I dont think I have ever seen it canceled, but I may be mistaken, as I have missed a year or two from time to time.

I highly encourage any that might be able to attend, to go, even if you dont buy nothing, there is always so much cool stuff to look at, its just a good time for any hot rodder. As a young one, it was my favorite thing of the year to attend with my father, and its still my favorite.

Friday is the day to go, if you want to catch any early deals, but usually everything doesnt arrive till Saturday. Early Saturday is the day to get there if you want to try and catch everything. By the time Sunday arrives, most has been picked over, but thats the time to catch the deals on stuff that was priced too high, and the person doesnt feel like carting stuff home again.

Hope to see some of you out there.

14. It's only Friday and Saturday, not Sunday.

15. KCMongo

KCMongo
    from KC

Rolling out of KC Thursday at 12 to setup. Will be back in my usual spots (N,O12) in the main building.
    Always a great swap I always feel like the groundhog digging out of my garage for the first car event of the year.
    Friday morning is the best time to get deals.. Unless your a dealer Thursday night..

16. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

A great start to the swap meet season. I have found lots of parts for projects at this meet. It looks like we are shooting for Friday this year.

17. Compared to -30 degrees windchill this week, and the fact its indoors, Im LOVEIN IT!!!

Dwight. Was hopeing you would be there Saturday. Maybe we will see you Saturday anyhow?

18. White Trash Renegade

White Trash Renegade
    from Derby, KS

I'm getting married tomorrow and we're going to the Swap Meet on Saturday morning! I love her!

19. yblock292

yblock292

we are meeting at the village inn, derby friday morning around 7:00

20. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

We're setting up our swap space this afternoon. This event is always the highlight of the winter, which otherwise sucks! See you all there!

21. mow too much

mow too much

You guys around Wichita how are the roads up there, we are going up Friday morning. It starts the season:cool:, I always enjoy it, especially when you haul something home that need...... or want..... need really doesn't have anything to do with it.:D

22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

YOU should know Gary being a former UPS driver if I remember correctly. :cool:

23. Trying to get the dog sleds ready:cool:

24. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

The roads were pretty darned good yesterday. Haven't been out today, but most of the snow blew off the roads except for drifts.

I was planning to be there Friday, but work is getting in the way. Saturday for sure.

25. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Don't look for any Okies this year , our roads are screwed right now with no relief in sight anytime soon!:(

26. The roads are pretty good here now especially the main roads. Tomorrow they should be even better.

27. yblock292

yblock292

u gonna meet us in the morning?

28. Thinkin about playing hookie. :)

You make it back form LA ok? Heard a bunch of flights to wichita got cancelled.

29. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

I`m going to be there today, and friday and saturday. at space U2 on the north wall of the big main building....I`ll wear my white VAGABONDS t-shirt.

30. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

I have never been, but sounds good. I'm retired now and the Mrs. goes just about everywhere with me now. She wants to know if those 3 buildings are heated.:rolleyes: