Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

Here's my 27 rpu. Body started as the front half of a sedan. Lengthened the body 4" custom frame and bed. Currently loaded and heading out to detroit for the autorama in the morning.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1425429299.706889.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1425429327.038278.jpg

bymanr, rab71, bct and 3 others like this.
  2. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't get much better than that. Very nice.

1LIFE2LIVE likes this.
  3. Graham, i had a good look over your front end and I saw it is well built and sturdy, my point was that you don't need a panhard bar if its built right as was the one above yours. JW

4. AndersF

AndersF

I had a great day yesterday.
    For the first time i got my frame off the weldingtable
    and could have a look at it on the floor.
    I think i have to lower the engine in the frame otherwise it looks as i wanted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

daddio211, Olson and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  5. bct

bct

Lookin good anders

6. AndersF

AndersF

7. AndersF

AndersF

Have now tested the body on the frame and they fit together as intended.
    I will lower the engine 2 in the frame and then starts the boring restoration
    of the body.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Here's mine...has a 32 frame, Pontiac super duty motor, Highland quickie, etc. need to get back to work on it soon...Have been following Anderson's build, great one to steal ideas from.

Attached Files:

daddio211, AndersF and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  9. So I posted the progress (or lack thereof) on 26 COOP in January before GNRS. However, to go to the GNRS, I delayed a knee replacement until February 24. Unfortunately, I was still recovering when we had the last snowstorm of the season. The Harbor Freight canopy couldn't take the load and collapsed. My friend with the '41 Chevy taking up room in my garage, actually said the replacement canopy was on him. What a friend! Actually, I designed the frame and provided the materials and he paid a contractor friend doing remodeling on his house to put it together. It works to a T! Someday I will move it elsewhere on the property and make a paint booth or something out of it.
    Before:
    20150311_140814.jpg

After:
    20150405_151230.jpg

But now my knee is working well enough for me to be back in the garage, so I am working on fitting the Tremec TKO3550 to the flywheel and bellhousing, incuding a RAM hydraulic release bearing.....as usual with hot rodding, it needs one thing after another modified to fit:
    DSC01202.JPG
    It's good to be back in the garage........

10. Good for you, Jim! :)

11. cretin

cretin

I've got a '23 T roadster with a turtle deck I'm trying to figure out when to work in.
    Plans are for an early style hot rod that would have been built on a budget.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  12. Good to see another one with a 354! You gonna chop it?

13. AndersF

AndersF

It is a Dodge 270 from 55 in my car.
    The plan is around 6 inch if i get headroom left for that when my seatingposition is settled.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  14. Oops! Should have seen the RED RAM lettering on the top of the valve cover. It's still a HEMI! I am thinking the same way on the chop....6".

AndersF likes this.
  15. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I have always liked tall Ts, but whatever you dicide to do, I hope you don't overdo the chop. To me one that has been chopped too much looks wrong, unless it is a lakes build. JMO :rolleyes:

AndersF likes this.
  16. I totally agree with you Dick.:D JW

AndersF likes this.
  17. Can't say that I agree.....I still have in my memory a chopped and channeled 26/27 with its flat top at the Salt that looked soooooo KOOL to this at-the-time 14-year old kid.

As to 26T Ford RPU.......with a RPU you don't have head clearance to worry about, anyway! LOL.

My '33 Plymouth Coupe is chopped and channeled (2-3/4" and 4", respectively), My '40 Ford Coupe is chopped and channeled (3" and 2-1/2" respectively) and each was made to fit my body! So the T will be made to fit my body, as well. Now as to my '53 Studebaker Coupe........I always wanted to chop a curved glass top......

But then there's my own body. I wish I had enough hair to have a flat top.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  18. AndersF

AndersF

For me a chopped top screams hotrod to me and add to the attitude.
    But i am with you about taking to much out. That is for lake cars and
    look wrong for me on streetdriven rods.
    The desision on how much i gonna take out will be one of the last
    thing i do on the car.

Dick Stevens and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  19. Followed most of your build Anderson and you must be happy with your efforts........ it ROCKS:cool::cool::cool::D JW

Anderson likes this.
  20. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Keep in mind, you can always remove more if you decide you want to, but it is more difficult to add it back in. At least keep the pieces you cut out just in case you ever decide to go back to a taller version. :)

AndersF likes this.
  21. Anders, you will get your chop looking just right and give the body an overall pleasing balance. Your build is way cool so far.:cool::DJW

AndersF likes this.
  22. Zandoz

Zandoz

I'm in the planning and parts acquisition phase of a T project. This is going to sound weird, but it is going to be a '23 T style modified, but based on the proportions of the old 50s bobtail T bucket Tweedy Pie. Back when I was a kid going through my uncles hot rod mags, Tweedy Pie was the first car to really capture my attention. Fast forward 50 years, and I was blown away when I saw Sota's Mutt Special.
    Project.jpg

23. I'm not building one today but if I could sell enough stuff soon enough I would be trying to get this one built in time for the HAMB drags this year. All I lack is just buying it. :D

[​IMG]

daddio211 likes this.
  24. Man I would really be sweating getting that one finished. :rolleyes:

That little T is w sweet, running and driving it would be hard for me to keep it off the road long enough to make any real changes to it. :cool:

25. Yesterday I said to myself, "Aw heck, I'm gonna install the hemi in 26 COOP!" So, into the garage she went, I cut the firewall out, and have it mocked up in place:

DSC01203.JPG
    DSC01205.JPG

It feels good to be doin' somethin' on it....plus I am scheduled to pick a 331 for 53 COOP, and need the space in the garage!

robert4005 likes this.
  26. AndersF

AndersF

Looks good in there.

27. dubie

dubie

27 T roadster build is under way

Attached Files:

AndersF and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  28. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Yesterday I said to myself, "Aw heck, I'm gonna install the hemi in 26 COOP!" So, into the garage she went, I cut the firewall out, and have it mocked up in place:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It feels good to be doin' somethin' on it....plus I am scheduled to pick a 331 for 53 COOP, and need the space in the garage!

That fills up that space so well! Nothing like a hemi to make a hot rod look fast. :cool:

29. This weekend I finished up the front mounts and now need to build the tranny mounts. The engine looked waaay too big on the engine stand, but looks right now:

DSC01210.JPG

DSC01211.JPG

As to the red hemi with a to-be-purple car....all my hemis ar red!

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  30. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great !