Register now to get rid of these ads!

who is on line ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 34 GAZ, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Right now, 12.30 PM , Euro time . 336 members, 1599 visitors, 143 robots. What /who is a robot ?

2. A robot is a telephone

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Robots are generally search engines like Google or Bing. Some sites set up bots to read other sites for news or new posts, others do it for collecting data for targeted advertising. Ever open a page and there is a targeted ad advertising say for tires? You were looking online earlier at tires, a bot picked up on it, so it tells it's home site to put up an ad for tires when you open a page it's connected with. Pretty complicated way of advertising, but they use it to go straight to somebody that is looking for their product instead of a mass ad that might reach more people but few would have any interest in.
    It's amazing how this interwebs thing is used, in many ways we don't even know we're targeted.

ClayMart and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. All the guys that ran out and bought 32 Fords after AG came out. OOOOOH Man I'm going to hell for that one.:)

5. I bought my first 32 Ford during the era AG emulated,1962. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Just kidding, I thought it was kind of funny. Thanks for making me feel like a young pup though. I was 4 in 62.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  7. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I drove my '32 three window to the premiere of AG

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.