Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods where to order cheap bolt together demple dies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model A hooligan, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Lookin for a few swage\demple dies. The kind that bolt together and use an impact on. Lookin for a 2 or 3 inch hole

2. It is a dimple die, it makes a dimple. I think most are home made, especially if you are looking for a specific size.

3. I know it's a dimple die..how do you make them? Who on Herr can make and sell one? Where can I buy a bol together one? If you look online those really sent there

4. Phil1934

Phil1934

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015

5. squirrel

squirrel

The way you make them cheap, is to buy a lathe and make your own dies.. Which may not be cheap.

metlmunchr likes this.
  6. 5window

5window

You won't be happy with cheap. What you mean is inexpensive. There is a significant difference and it might be "less expensive" to have someone who already owns them,, dimple things for you.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. There is a guy on Garage Journal that makes some inexpesive ones but they are not hardened so if you are going to be using them a lot they won't last as long. He goes by NASTYZEN and here is where they can be purchased.

http://clubvirages.com/index.php?op...iew=category&virtuemart_category_id=4&lang=en

Baileigh Industrial just posted on Instagram the other day that they are doing them now as well so you might contact Shane on here to see what the story is with them.

9. Mr48chev.I can use google..that's not my question

10. Nocero

Nocero

11. Nocero-thats actually the type of reply i AM looking for,I don't know of any bearing races around but that's a cool setup

12. 117harv

117harv

You didn't say if you did a search here or with Google, if you did and didn't find much I would guess your spelling was the reason.

Here is a thread with some info. Quick tech Poor mans dimple die

13. 117harv

117harv

14. Check out the metal shaping thread page 35 homemade57 posted a setup that I used it worked Great!! and really inexpensive using a trailer ball. I would post a link ,but that's above my technical skill. Jim

15. Nocero

Nocero

If I knew who had it id ship it to u, but I loaned it out and I lost track of it.

16. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

17. BarryA

BarryA

How many are you planning on doing? I've done quite a few (some on 3mm) by using thick wall tubing for the lower (female) and whatever round or cone shaped piece I can find or throw together for the male.
    Both in a press and hand hammered. Much cheaper than having sets for every different size I may need

Attached Files:

18. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

What is the dimension your shooting for, and what do you consider to be "cheap"?

19. 2 inch and I'm not using a press.its gotta bolt together.I'm doing big panels

20. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

2 inch hole, or total diameter? P.M. me.