Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheels & Tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53dodgekustom, Feb 7, 2007.

1. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Not Jimmy Shine's either, close though. The '34 Truck with blue wheels belongs to Rick Flake of Fresno. It's called "Bare Bones".
    Here's Rick's truck:
    a5.jpg
    Here's jimmy's truck:
    a6.jpg
    Here are a few pictures of the wheels and other parts during buildup. They're 18". If I remember right they are Studebaker, cut down to fit into 18" Ford hoops. Lots of work!
    [/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Here is another set of custom wheels Rick made for his son Roy's black '34 pickup called "Night Crawler", a few of the parts, and the finished truck.
    [/ATTACH]
    [/ATTACH]
    Rick and his brother Ron build some very nice cars! You should see the rest of 'em, and they build 'em just as a 'hobby'!

Attached Files:

• a1.jpg
      a1.jpg
      File size:
      62.3 KB
      Views:
    • a2.jpg
      a2.jpg
      File size:
      60.5 KB
      Views:
    • a3.jpg
      a3.jpg
      File size:
      65.1 KB
      Views:
    • a7.jpg
      a7.jpg
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
    • a8.jpg
      a8.jpg
      File size:
      69.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Moonglow

Moonglow

Yes only in mock up, but 20" Internationals, Ford Caps, and huge Denmans 600's in front (33"), 700's in back (35")

[​IMG][/quote]

Awesome build!!! Don't see many underslung suspension set ups, and yours has dead on perfect stance. Love the giant 20" Internationals and Denmans.

What your source for Denmans? On my Channeled '29 Tudor, I'm using 17" Chevy Artilleries out back and 19" Model A's up front. I'm after a tall tire set up. Looks like mine will be about 32" overall height.

Again, awesome project! :cool:

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Yeah, '91-96 Crown Vic. Thanks, I like them too, and they're worth nothing. The hubcaps are stock Ford of the same vintage.

4. [​IMG]

'51 Plymouth caps with bullet centers. G78 Coker bias plies.

BloodyKnuckles

Studebakermatt likes this.
  5. [​IMG]

The wife's '54 DeSoto with '55 DeSoto caps and large bullets. USA Classic Radials.

BloodyKnuckles

Studebakermatt likes this.
  6. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

The full moons with original red stripe in indented circle were bought at Western auto in 1959. The rear wheels are 48 Chrysler which are 5 1/2" bolt circle. Don't remember where I got the 15" fronts. Tires are L78 and 5.60. Click on pic to see the wierd full moons.

Attached Files:

7. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Here's a couple more. 820-15 rear, 560-15 front. Firestone Deluxe Champions on 6" wheels.

Attached Files:

8. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Here's my '55 Buick 'Super' (sold and went to Australia; I miss it) with polished stainless '55 Dodge Royal Lancer hubcaps with chrome bullet centers, wrapped in Denman L78-15's with 4-1/2" white walls. This is the perfect tire size for the larger cars, like the big Buicks, Cadillacs, etc. I got them from Lucas Automotive in Long Beach, CA.

Attached Files:

9. jchav62

jchav62

Mines....

Attached Files:

10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Could have sworn there was a more recent thread like this, but damned if I can find it.

so up!

11. Moonglow

Moonglow

OK, I'm back in..............

Things have changed a little so now I've got 18" Chevy Artilleries all the way around with Coker bias ply white walls.

Six lugs out back and five lugs up front.

Attached Files:

12. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

Wow, this thread is old. I put some new wheels and tires on my car since I started this. 53 Ford wheels black with some blue flake (can't see it) and spyder caps. Still want to get mini trim rings. 6.70 Firestones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. rlm2011

rlm2011
    from Sumner Wa

HUH?!?!?! DONT DO IT!!!!!!

14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

dude...6 year old thread...yer averaging one post a year...better pace yourself or you'll burn out a bearing :)

kidcampbell71, bowie and wraymen like this.