Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

Whats it worth 1961 Starliner 390 auto

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadalb, May 10, 2011.

1. just looked at one that is pretty tired and in need of Body work lots of rust on body....Engine runs..needs interior...exaust...brakes...whats a fair price for this cool cruiser...guy is asking $3200..seems steep to me....feels more like $2500 or less...love to hear your responses.

Albie

2. porknbeaner

porknbeaner

Too rich for my blood. offer him a grand if you really want it.

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

A Midwestern car...??? A thousand would be tops...prolly has sentimental value.

Interior=$2500 easy.
    Exhaust=$500-700.
    Brakes=$250-500.
    Bodywork= $2500-5000.
    Paint=$3500.
    Glass=$500-1500.

Stainless work...???
    Chrome work...???

Is a '61 Ford really worth that much...???

R-

4. Domino

Domino

The Starliners are getting up there in value, but that seems a little high. Do you have any pics? The overall condition will really set the value.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. tommy

tommy

[​IMG]

They only made them for 2 years. Nice ones bring big money. Are you watching how much rust repair is being done to bring back the 60 here on the HAMB.? It may not be worth it to you but If you really want one expect to pay for a nice one.

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

absolutely the best looking full-sized Ford car ever. That being said, you could get buried in rust repair, but if it's done right, you'll love the car forever.

dj

7. man a 61 starliner is my favorite ford ever id love to find one but from the way it sounds 3200 is a bit high dont know what your gonna find that you cant see while its together i wouldnt go any higher then 2500 and that would be the MOST id go

8. thanks gents...great words of advice.