Register now to get rid of these ads!

what makes the HAMB different?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 57ford/60thunderbird, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ok soos i gots a question what is it that makes this site different what i mean is i go to other car sites some have similuar memebr numbers and some have alot less and except for a few of them they are practically dead someone posts a question or some other post and thier are no replies and you see the thread is months if not years old

so what is different over here and i know there are members here on those other sites that im talking about over here they have a huge post count and respond often on the other site hardly anything

so whats your opinion

2. no55mad

no55mad

It's the brotherhood!

3. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

We need a sub-forum that is for traditional hotrods only and leave out International trucks and Dodge cars and trucks and boats and dogs and all the stuff that never was traditional hotrod

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

more people, this site moves smoothly

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

In one word, focus.

It has always been about the cars and anything you find beyond that can be traced right back to it.

6. we don't require capitalization or punctuation here

7. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

I would say the tech information relative to the type of build is better than what I've seen on most other sites. Also, the interaction is better. I don't post for shit but read every day. I think you will find a much higher quality of information on this site than others. Don't get me wrong, there are some numb nuts on every board. but overall, I would put more faith in what I read here than I would on other "rodding" related sites.

8. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I have often wondered if the quick responses given here are the reason we see so much off topic garbage. People look for answers elsewhere and after days of no response throw it up here.

9. But most people here try to use punctuation so the posts are easier to understand. :rolleyes:

10. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

The help. Weather it's tech info, moving a part cross country, finding that last, hard to find help, or info on a long lost Hot Rod. The answers are here. Oh yeah, and the humor.

11. deanopopino

deanopopino
    from Troy, MO

Yep! Because the only hotrods were Fords and the only Customs were Mercs!:rolleyes:

12. It's the size, and the focus. One of the other forum's I frequent, is open to a lot broader range of cars and trucks... which means a lot more topics I don't care about. That results in a lot more threads that I don't bother to post on.

That same forum has only had 9 threads updated today... More members equals more threads, which results in more response and interaction among members.
    It's a cyclical cycle. :rolleyes:

13. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

And where else could you find two guys in a Hippopotamus shaped paddle boat pulling a car across a lake!

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

The chicks are hot.

15. what makes it better?!? cmon that's an easy one! knowledge! we have some of the most talented, creative, insightful, resourceful people on the planet, If ya don't believe me, ask Jim (squirrel) any question about a fact and i bet the farm he will be able to answer it. its great so us greenhorns can become better gear heads!

16. I remember that thread! lol

17. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Its the secret handshake, none of the other sites have a secret handshake.

18. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

People kool on this site!!! We just get it....

19. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

It was built right and for a purpose. And it never gets old.

Kinda like a hot rod.

20. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To me , its the thought that their are guys on here that have a true grip on the"real hot rod truth". I`m constantly in awe of the talent and mouldy oldie mentality that alot of guys show. Hearing history from people who have made it, just confirms my own intrest. I `ve seen some wannabe`s, but time and again the real hot rodders ring true. I love this place! Thanx Ryan&crew .

21. 73RR

73RR

...some of you people never cease to amaze me...

22. Harms Way

Harms Way

Yup !,... This place feels like home, and everyone feels like family,... Alright a very-VERY Dysfunctional family,... But a family none the less. We all have similar automotive interests and passions, that bring us all together.

But, as we get to know each other through the written word, We start to know each others personality's,.. have interest in each others projects, laugh when they laugh,... and sadly, cry with them when they cry. Sharing in each others triumphs and heart breaks.

This is a virtual community and Family,... We put the "FUN" in DysFUNctional !
    :D:D:D

23. I've been on many forums, started a few big ones too, and the HAMB is one of the great ones. It has 'focus,' highly helpful and knowledgeable members. There is no better resource for researching hot rod or custom stuff.

24. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

Ryan. A site like this doesn't happen by accident.

25. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Now that.....that...is funny and spot on! :p

Ray

26. BISHOP

BISHOP

No other place would have me.

27. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

Where else can someone go that has limited knowledge about a car build, say the wrong term or describe the wrong kind of build and get chastised by old grumpy men who have forgotten more than most of us will ever learn?

Where else can you go and ask a question and get a very quick response (well, there is that google thing), but that doesn't count here.

Where else can you go and get to have some lighthearted fun and not have to by drinks for everyone?

the answer to all the above is....the HAMB

28. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Its the people. This site has the most talent on it period. Whether it be fabrication, paint, even art...this site has it all...and for the most part everybody is willing to help eachother. You have pro builders on here giving advice to the guy building his first project, and they are more than happy to do it too. Plus the vast wealth of knowledge in the tech archives...there aren't many forums that can even hold a candle to the HAMB. I have learned more on this site than anywhere else.

29. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Some complain about it, but I think it's the brutality that keeps it focused. Because if someone comes around talking about his pro-street Mavrick, he gets his ass handed to him. :)

30. I think it's the dedication to keeping the wheels on the track. Doesn't get derailed too often,but when it does,it gets fixed quickly...Lots of great guys on here too. Not to mention,all the info available.