Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What Is The Hamb????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, May 22, 2012.

1. Muttley

Muttley

What, like this one?

[​IMG]

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG, the girl I share my office with is into an online game that she refers to as her "second life". I talk about the HAMB and she talks about Second Life.:D

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh my GIDDY-GOD!!!:eek:

I just spat chicken soup over my computer. Mum? Is that you?

Doc.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  4. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Comic Relief, another additional benefit on my HAMB list. I love it!!!:eek:

5. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

germ usta' eat 'em up!! I still have scars from posting photos of my car when asked........ I was "coolpt" then! :eek:

6. outlaw256

outlaw256

well guys after reading all these post ive decided that i am going to become a alliance member. been putting it off for one reason or another but ive realized that ive gottin so much out of the hamb but have given nothing.soon as my wife gets home im sending in my money.(she controls the charge card.because i need or want ALOT of parts).i feel all warm inside lol( or i just gotta go to the bathroom)

7. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Hahahaha.

"What? HAM??? whys it called the HAM"

Yup been there, lots.

8. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

I enjoy the alliance. Sadly mine just expired, and i've been so low on cash i couldn't re-up :(.
    I'll be back however.
    The bitchin' firewall tag (Hand pressed! mind you) Is reason enough to support the place...and you know, the hours and hours of all info/pictures/ learning etc. the Alliance discounts are great too! I've built alot of my car off the place:D
    Just such a cool collective. MUCH more than a "This hotrod website im on".
    I do take notice that when I hit car shows, the HAMB cars are deffinately up top, if not THE best. They got SOUL
    pull the trigger on the Alliance membership, Fight for bitchin' rods & customs... He can't do it alone.

9. Killing spiders explained best in this post:

10. DrankGas

DrankGas

The important thing is that you have met yourself and you have heard of it.

11. DrankGas

DrankGas

Admit it... you pissed yourself.

12. DrankGas

DrankGas

No, not yet... but, it sounds like I should.

13. I told a guy it's a sandwich shop that has a great tuna melt. He didn't get the joke, so I explained it to him and wrote down the link for him. Hope it's been a great resource for him. It is for me.

14. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You just made this thread worthwhile in a positive way. Glad to have you back as an ALLIANCE MEMBER, to support the GOOD CAUSE. :cool::cool: Larry

15. I like this place. You all remind me of my buddy's in high school. We never missed an opportunity to bust each other's balls, we called out bullshit on each other when we heard it. We weren't gentle, but we had each others backs when it counted. The HAMB is no place for pussies, which is very refreshing in a touchy-feely, "everybody's a winner" bullshit, politically correct world.

I've had my balls busted here and I've busted some balls. I probably write a lot of worthless posts that have no real value - mostly comments (like this one). And, I can definitely be a smart ass, depending on my mood.

When I ask a question, I expect smart ass comments. Often pearls of knowledge are hidden inside. I always learn something and I'm entertained and amused at the same time. In fact, I learn something here everyday.

I'm in awe of the talent of so many of the members and as far as post counts? That doesn't mean anything really. Experience will tell you the difference between quality and quantity.

To try to explain the HAMB to someone? I have tried to explain it on a few occasions but end up stopping in the middle because I realize they aren't getting it and I'm just rambling. Yeah, I think you have to experience it yourself and it's definitely not for everyone. I don't bother trying to explain any more. If the HAMB is for you, you'll eventually find it on your own.

I love the FNGs that come on here all full of themselves and are completely flamed and get really pissy about it, crying and stomping their feet like little girls. I have to laugh.

What I love even more are the FNGs who can laugh at themselves and realize that they are being tested. You know, the ones that can take the punches without getting disrespectful or pissed off. Those are the ones that I have a level of respect for regardles of their level of knowledge.

Yep, the HAMB is like a grouchy old dog. You need to approach it with humility and it can turn out to be a faithful companion. If you don't, you might get your ass bit. I like that. It's real.

Okay, I guess this is just another of my worthless comment posts. Go ahead, bust my balls! I can take it.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  16. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Saxman, that post completely and utterly nailed it in every single department as far as I'm concerned. Worthless post my ass, they should make that a sticky.
    Paul

17. 117harv

117harv

Saxman, another one here who thinks you said it VERY well.

18. Thanks Gents.

19. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Hardly
    Any
    More
    Build threads

As much as I love this place and all(most) of you, the amount of quality threads has diminished to an all time low. I come on here to be inspired and challenged and to learn. Lately all Ive been learning is how your car attracts little children and your dog is named after a motorcycle part!
    I know it sounds foolish, but when a good thread with info and pictures gets buried after about 15 responses, and a thread about a "rusty henway found in a dumpster" can get over one hundred responses, it starts to get annoying...
    Rant Over...group hug...I feel better.

20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Just look through some of the older build threads! You'll feel better. Free therapy.

I went through all of the Bass '49 build threads. You'd be surprised at what you missed the first or second time round. The devil is in the details. :)

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Well, you are welcome! Muttleys pic is a good one, but I'm partial to one my good buddy zeke sent me a couple yrs back! Thanks mike, ya jack hole! :)

Attached Files:

22. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

the hamb is a forum for people who seem to think traditional means to never try
    anything new.. ever.. because for some reason that's what hotrodding is about.

23. I just counted 20 build threads on the first 3 pages. Some are poorly named so you would never know but there are still lots out there.

24. That one is a classic, Breeder how is the homestead? i remember all the flood pictures

25. A place for HOT RODS....not STREET RODS

26. Elbopper

Elbopper

I just tell my wife i'm in THE GEARHEAD FACEBOOK

27. Rochie

Rochie

I remember getting dragged over the Newbie coals by GERM! And it wasn't nice to say the least. But once you got your scars from intiation, I've learned, been saved(more than once) and had a blast over the years. I have met some incredible people, had some great times, and look forward to more in the future.

How do you explain that to a "stranger"

28. I got shit from Spike when I joined in '04 when posting in the 1st annual Jalopyrama thread :D Can't remember the details but he apparently was having a bad day and we made up. Personally met him later at Curtsix's SE Baltimore Cookout show. Really cool guy. I've learned alot early on about what the HAMB is about. I used to belong to other hot rod type forums that are way misunderstood, but now this is the only one I visit.

29. 50Fraud

50Fraud

When I was a kid, I saw my car buddies every day at school, and went places with them on the weekends. Now I'm an old fart, and the few car buddies that are still around have real lives and don't want to hang around and talk car stuff. Well, not as much as I do.

So I've been coming here nearly every day for more than ten years, where I can hang around with car guys. I spend more time now on a couple of HAMB social clubs than I do here on the main board, but it's still a useful and entertaining place to discuss stuff and see what other people are up to.

Thanks, Ryan, for putting this whole shebang together.

30. autobilly

autobilly

A Pandora's Box of everything related to our specific and unusual subject.
    Education and entertainment rolled into one conveniant package.
    I don't bother with anything else as far as Web-sites.
    Some of you guys are among the best there is!
    Todd, Paul, Jimmy, Alex.

Last edited: May 28, 2012