Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What Is The Hamb????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, May 22, 2012.

1. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Hmm I though fly fisherman would be docile creatures.

Your converse are not shop shoes. Buy boots.

2. I don't believe you have to have two-faced people to learn anything. It's discouraging and it can 'Scare' people from the Tradition! How helpful is that!? Help = ENCOURAGE.
    I've had a couple encounters with two-tongued. . whatever's. Don't need any more of them.

3. HotRodHooligan13

HotRodHooligan13

the h.a.m.b. is like manual, advice column, opinions from fello car guys, and good reading all rolled into one to me! and being that I am a strtict D.I.Y. sort of guy and try to make things work out of what i have around it is an invaluable recource! thank you h.a.m.b. and all of you on it

4. I've met loads of people who have never heard of it.

5. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

I warn people from time to time after they are on the site.
    Someone posts in a for sale ad and they are new, I send them a P.M. and explain that they are in for a beating if they don't follow the rules.
    They usually send a message back and are thankful and probably follow the rules better after that.

Always nice to see someone's hamb tag on a car. You have an instant start to a conversation.

6. You sound like a wanna be mod.. lol

The posting on ads is history now so your work load is lightened .. :D

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

What is the HAMB? Everything automotive that I love, posted some of the best people on Earth. It is a lot more than just cars, there are a lot of people here that I hope to meet in person some day. The road trip and event posts with lots of photos give us all a look at parts of the country we hope to see some day. There are far more historians here than on any other website IMO. It's 2:30 in the morning, if it wasn't for the HAMB I'd be sleeping. Bob

8. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

Not a chance!

I don't always bother to read the directions on things so I figure one pass for a new guy. If he doesn't bother to read the rules after one polite warning he probably deserves the ripping he'll get and he probably wasn't going to fit in.

That guy that gets scared off may be the guy that has the info that I need or maybe even a part I need!

9. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Me neither. I discovered my love for Kustoms when I started lurking here in 2006. We didn't have them over here in England in the 50s/early 60s (the specific era I'm interested in) and now I can learn from people who were building the real deal back in the day and others who have an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of my favourite genre. As for hot rods, I know precisely Dick, except that if I did want to learn about them this is the only place worth coming to.
    Paul

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You always make me laugh :D

11. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

I am just starting to go on the HAMB a little more so I can communicate with others. I am always in the garage building cars, go-karts, motorcycles, vintage bmx. I am into alot of shit. I always say, you only live once, make it great for the time you are here.

12. I will say with complete honesty that this is the most informative and knowledgeable board I have ever been on. But it's not without its whiny cunts who just like to dump on everything. Seems to be less of that over the past couple of years, though.

13. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Paul, Nice touch to my original thread and you are right on. I spoke to these guys for about 15 minutes and still did not have time to tell the story about HAMB ANDY, which was the turning point to me becoming an ALLIANCE MEMBER just to help support the HAMB. "Cheery O", old chap. Larry

14. 56butler

56butler
    from Illinois

and another thing you have to warn people about, a buddy of mine said that it seems like the more post you have the more of an expert you are. granted i have learned alot but to me your experiance in the car culture should not be based on how many post you have made

15. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

Yes, I've got my balls busted especially when I first joined. Seems like there's a "Click" of guys that think that they are "The last word" and can Zap you. I did get some private emails from people that agreed with me, and then after a while I started meeting some great members!

16. Hotrod Addicted Motorhead Barons

17. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Hats off to the HAMB and all the believers that are spreading the word about Hot Rods, Customs, tech, art, everything. This website is all of that and more. It has provided me with tech from other HAMBers. It is a great experience to share the knowledge.

Great thread Larry. Where did you get the HAMB tag? I gotta get one, or more for my rides!

18. DrankGas

DrankGas

Kill a black widow spider? That is a waste of a little friend. Gently scoop it into a container and turn it loose on the moron neighbor's front porch, where it can do some good.

19. rld14

rld14

Oh boy........

20. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Joe, I got it right here on the HAMB a couple of years ago, I dont think they are available now, but I also heard there is a movement to have some more produced???? Larry.

21. slammed

slammed

San Diego? You know Special Ed?

22. partsman

partsman

If you have to explain it chances are they won't understand.

23. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

24. Must be all the HAMB I consume.

When are you visiting us down under.
    You missed another awesome BeachHop:D

25. grazy

grazy

I told my non computer using car buddies to imagine standing in a garage the size of a huge stadium.Filled with guys that are car crazy and all talking cars you can ask the most off the wall question and someone will have the answers you need .Its a tech manual , advice column product review board and a never ending car magazine that everone adds to the articles. A few that told me I was wasting time have had me find answers on here .

26. milner142790

milner142790

I actually had to explain it to a co-worker of mine today when he asked me why i was so intentively staring at my phone for long lengths of time( On the HAMB at work on my phone). Took me a few minutes to explain it, everything from the advice, techs, clasifieds, to the ass chewings that some people get when they get out line! As everyone can tell, I dont post very much or reply, mainly just "listen" in on ALL of the really great knowledge everyone on here has. I would have an alliance membership for sure by now but feel like I need to "earn my keep" I thank everyone for the time they put in on this thing... good and bad!!!

27. Marty S1

Marty S1

It's many things to me. Being stuck growing up between the late 50's and the muscle car era, I've never found cars I didn't appreciate.

It's a melting pot of tastes. Customs, stockers, hot rods, they're all here.

It's the best damn "How do ya do.........." place to get tips and help.

It values tradition and friendships !

And......if you're having/had a totally fucked up day and need some comic relief........any photo of Breeder WILL make you laugh your damn ass clean off!!!!!:p

Sorry Toddles.........I had to say it......:D

28. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

The hamb is my second life lol

29. jamesdmikesell

jamesdmikesell
    from utah

tell you why im smiling but it would make you crazey