Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is it called? Vintage Space Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I saw a little green kid in Roswell playing with one of those and then his green mother put him in a bigger one and went straight up out of sight.

2. I'll bet that's the manufacturer, some one in that town has to know about it. I looked at that address on Googgle earth and there is some big factory there,.

3. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Seeing I have an old Dodgem bumper car like Finkster Chuck had, this thread interested me. I did a quick Google search & found these links. None of the cars I found looked like a Disney Autopia car but I don't claim to be an expert on the subject.
    http://ochistorical.blogspot.com/2008/07/disneyland-autopia-cecil-rospaw-jean.html

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/150801-found-autopia-car-late-1950s-early-1960s.html

[​IMG]

4. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Is that one of those "green" cars I keep hearing about? :)

5. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I do not have any further information on them. I have seen the body before but this is the first one I have seen on the frame. The decal gives a great amount of information that should lead to some answers. I would suggest you put a craigslist ad in the Memphis area Craigslist asking for information about the company, this has been a very effective technique I have used in the past.

Looking at the build I would say it is was made in the 1960s. Could be used in a driver safety course for little kids or for carnival style ride but there should be signs of brackets on the bottom to keep it on track if it was for one of them.
    I specialize in the ones that look like miniature cars and are electric or gas powered like this 57 Thunderbird JR.
    [​IMG]
    But I will be glad to post the pictures of yours on my forums to see if any of the other Junior car collectors out there have any information about the company.

Attached Files:

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Didn't Stuart Little have one like that in that movie he co-starred in with Geena Davis? Gary

7. TFF

TFF
    from Memphis,TN

The Memphis Zoo has two old rides; one spins boats in water the other is cars, wheels on a board road. I rode them in 1970 and they were old then,my son rode them in 1998. Been a long time sense I have seen them, but it could have been a spare sold and turned into a driver. The address on the sticker puts it in the middle of urban redevelopment. Definitely made when fab shops would take on any project at a reasonable price. Cottage industries as they were, those rides could have been made in town.

8. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Can I have it? Pretty please.