Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs what did i buy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Sep 24, 2015.

1. What! No Red Rims:rolleyes: I was there today to scavenge through the pile.:cool: Got some nice aluminum louvered pcs. to use on my battery holder for the five window I am working on. Thanks Cuss.:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I look out for fenders off odd cars when I come home. I'm out caravan'ing with my family.

But where are the pictures of your truck build? :cool::D

3. all the pictures were on film, i need to get them converted to the computer.

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Cool Haul! Just taking a stab here but maybe they are off an old fire truck since you have the seagrave plate to go with them.

5. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I should have spotted the rear fenders the 1st time I looked at this. I'm going to say 35-6-7 Packard rears that were modified for something. Maybe "in the day", maybe not, but that mounting flange bugged me a bit. Then I remembered cussing at a pair that I mounted on a 37 12 coupe, that mounting flange creating quite the challenge toward getting the fender welt looking nice. The spear or sharp reveal in the center which disappears at about 2 o'clock when viewed straight on at the left rear. Here's a link I shagged from a google image search, see if we get any more votes on those:

http://www.boldride.com/ride/1936/packard-twelve-24-passenger-coupe-roadster#gallery/6

6. good eye, that does look like them. i will check with the previous owner, maybe that will jog his memory of where they came from. thanks.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

I never got to work on any American custom built bodies, were fenders make from many welded together pieces as were French bodies? I looked at this parts haul, and thought they were from a European builder base on all the welds. Bob

8. talked with the previous owner this morning. turns out he remembered these were bought at hershey many many years ago by a friend of his to be used on a "custom" project they was thinking of putting together . the project went in a different direction.

9. 33essex

33essex

The rear fenders kind of look like late 30s Nash?? They kind of look like the rear fenders on a Nash at my work.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  10. 97

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  11. i thought french also but we need a photo of something close.

i googled 36 nash and they do look close but the "tail area doesn't look like they mount flat like these do.

thanks for that, he really puts some muscle into bending that metal.

12. anyone going to hershey, these fenders will be behind the Brookville truck in the chocolate field. come by and see them, and the rest of the haul, in person

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try to see ya tomorrow...

14. did you see the fenders?
    the fenders sold to a guy named "Tinker". his plan is to put them on a vintage trailer, he uses to haul vintage bikes and scooters. should be awesome!

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Tinker, that name does ring a bell. Bob

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  16. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Any ralations to Tinker bell LOL

Hope you get some pics of it on the trailer.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  17. i wouldn't say it to him. he was a good half foot taller than me and he had 50+ pound advantage. dark shades, and biker attire.........i called him mister tinker.
    he is going to email me pictures when he gets it done.

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. S.F.

S.F.

Those may not be rear fenders, those could be fronts....you have me intrigued....I am going to do some research.