Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. See! Salt flat gets it! Cool deal on the Mopar, the starter is on the left, so a couple less feet of battery cable.

saltflats likes this.
  2. You were listening about the battery, but.., uh.., your ladder bar location, now that is completely off the reservation!

3. I don't know, mine is pretty level

[​IMG]

I can almost touch the battery box though in this short little car. It's mounted right next to right wheel well about 3 ft from the business seat.

9sectruck and Tickety Boo like this.
  4. Ladder bar & 4 link cars are more forgiving, especially those with torsion bars.

5. Using ladder bars for ballast.., now that's something ya don't see every day! :)

30dodgeboy and saltflats like this.
  6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That's one of those projects that has not been finished yet still need to bolt them down.

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Truthfully I was waiting on the lecture on how to mount ladder bars like the Pro's

II FUNNY likes this.
  8. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Ric will probably have you mount them backwards

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Kool then i could call it The REGRAHC

10. Ching! You got me.

11. One forward, one backwards. Truthfully, I wouldn't bother on the Charger, unless you just want to see them hanging under there, or the leaf spring mounts are ready to fall off, or your gonna go old school AFX/Funny Car, and the ladder bars would make the conversion easier.

12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Don't think they will go on the charger.
    I have my fingers crossed for now. I have a guy that says he is stopping buy Friday to look at the car for purchase.
    If the deal goes through I may be able to have a roof on my garage build project.

Dog_Patch and powrshftr like this.
  13. My fingers are crossed for ya

14. 62Furious

62Furious

Salty if you get rid of the Charger you need to get b@#%& slapped. We need Mopar guys to equal out the battle between Fords and Chevy boys.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

No worries I have a 63 Valiant coming that should be able to throw down with the Gasser bunch. (when I get done with it )

powrshftr likes this.
  16. speedwise

speedwise

2015 MDA Program.jpg I'm going to leak out a little secret...check out the 2015 Metltdown Drags Program. Last year there was a Gears and Gals Magazine special edition for the Meltdowns. It sold pretty well and was a damn fine publication. This year Gears and Gals Magazine with the MDA is offering an official souvenir program. It's going to be pretty slick. It is 5.5" x 8.5" just like the "little books" of yesteryear. It's a full color publication made to have that vintage look. It will be packed with pictures, stories, the agenda, etc. You don't get to see the inside until you pick one up at the track. I think they will be five bucks. Steve the owner of Gears and Gals Magazine has poured his heart and soul into this little book (as he does with his bi-monthly Gears and Gals Magazine). Please check out his website and Facebook, just type in Gears and Gals Magazine. I've had the privilege of writing several stories for the magazine. I'd also like to request if anyone you know or yourself would like to advertise in the program or for that matter Gears and Gals please get a hold of me. Time is running out and we need to act soon. I hope this teaser just gets your blood boiling that much more for the Meltdowns. Thanks guys.

17. Wow that looks great!

Swamp Rat 4 likes this.
  18. This here is down right cool! Last years special edition was top notch, as I' sure this will be.

powrshftr likes this.
  19. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Good idea, looks good!!!

20. bobw

bobw

Are screw on Moon spun Aluminum discs legal?

II FUNNY likes this.
  21. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yes sir.

22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That's what I run on my Charger to hide the Drag Lites

23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Check out what I scored for the front of the Bel Air
    I nabbed these off my buddy's log splitter 20150522_162336.jpg

enloe, Tickety Boo and powrshftr like this.
  24. Yes. Did you already pre register?

25. bigslim55

bigslim55

Had my youngest brother Chris help me with the 55' today... We changed the oil & filter. Backed it out & we cleaned it, used some prep all to clean grease spots off & then waxed it... Jeff, we waxed the hood like 3 times. It matches the old paint a lot better now...! Chris said, the scoop needs 289 CI painted on the side of it... I'm like you read my mind, that would look good...! He was nervous, I told him to get in it & pull it into garage...! I'm like start it up & give it some gas to clear it out & pull it in I'll direct you... He didn't hit anything so all was good! LOL! But he got a big charge out of pulling it in, he's like it's loud & seems like it has some power, so that was cool...! Maybe I can get him to drive it down the drag strip if I ride along... LOL... Baby steps....
    Jimbo...

26. That's really cool that you are infecting your younger brother with the speed bug... two greasy thumbs up!

loudbang and bigslim55 like this.
  27. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

289ci and a lightning bolt on each side...

28. bigslim55

bigslim55

I'm trying AJ, it was an accomplishment to get him to help me! I think he's getting more comfortable being around the Gasser... It was great to have the help...!
    For a while, I think it reminded him of Scott too much... Baby steps... Maybe I can get him to come to the strip with me?!?
    Jimbo...

29. Saxxon

Saxxon

Spent an overnight in London Ontario for a funeral... met cousins I hadn't seen in 20+ years. Turns out my 2nd cousin (Andrew) and his uncle John (Cousin-in-law) are gear heads and commented on my Meltdown Drags shirt I had changed into after all the folks had left. We spent an hour on the website, Facebook page and YouTube. Andrew - being the technology dependent youth that he is - had 3 friends reviewing the Meltdown media by the time we were done. They LOVED Mike Belina's antics (who doesn't ??) and thought John Clark's AWB was seriously cool. Same for the SEG guys, the GLG / NGA show, Joel's 56, Kips Chevy, Paul's pit truck and Fiat, Koop's junk, Ric's child, the cruise to Sam's ... etc etc etc ... Come to think of it - they loved everything. Funny thing though - They asked why the Okie Doker looked really fast - but wasn't - not sure what that was about so I just explained it was a bad camera angle.

End result - potential for 2 - 4 more Canadians making the pilgrimage to the holy mecca of vintage drag racing. For a kid who is into tuner cars and a guy (John) who is into rebuilding motorcycles they were really excited. Sure hope they make it down.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  30. thats some pretty funny shit right there...lol

55belairx2, powrshftr and Saxxon like this.