Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Rock em.jpg "The Chaingling"
    "The Cammer Hammer
    and my favorite..,
    "Rock'm SOHC'm Robot"

2. .., or "ROCK'M SOHC'M GOBOT"

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Are you talking about a frame to go around the seat or just a mount for the seat?

4. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Wecome to the Jungle, John Force came back from the dark side too.:)
    The whole team driving Chevys 2015, No I am not dreaming check it out.
    Norb

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  5. We used to go to Chain Reaction off Lincoln in Anaheim or was that Santa Ana. Near The Doll Hut. Chain Reaction gets a vote.

Tickety Boo likes this.
  6. "Jeffrey in Chains"
    "Amanda in Chains" (no disrespect brother, just a play on "Alice in Chains"
    "Jacobson's Ladder"

strokedstang331 likes this.
  7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Cammed up or cams up

8. My buddy used to have a shop right around the corner from The Doll Hut.

9. 55chieftain

55chieftain

I don't have to have a frame all the way around the seat with these since they are double sided, just to mount it to the floor in a differant way. Right now have some steel square tubing and some floor mounts from factory bucket seats that were adjustable.
    With the addition of the rollbar i'm mounting the back of the seat to the crossbar on the main hoop, I don't need the adjustable mounts. My floor is not real flat where it mounts so the universal mounts they sell with the seats won't work I believe. Just trying to save some more weight and had this aluminum i'd like to use.

10. Nice article Evil!!

IMG_0711.JPG

beebee78 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

WHAT MAGAZINE IS THAT IN? I MAY HAVE TO PICK THAT UP TODAY SINCE IT LOOKS LIKE WE MAY BE SNOWED IN AGAIN TOMORROW. I PLAN ON FIXING THE BACK PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW IN THE WAGON ALSO:)

12. Car Kulture Deluxe. Got it yesterday in the mail. Better get your snow boots out :)

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

WENT BY AND GOT THE NEWEST RODDERS JOURNAL TODAY. THAT WILL KEEP ME OCCUPIED IN BETWEEN PROJECTS

14. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Not made out of aluminum or square but you get the idea. Weight was not a factor with this one it in a LSR car. 20150225_155139.jpg 20150225_155119.jpg 20150225_155047.jpg

15. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Jeffery has a name for his 55 Ford...it's "VANISHING ACT"....but his brother Joe(1bad32sedan) needs one for his 32 Chevy sedan with an injected "W" motor.

beebee78 and Tickety Boo like this.
  16. Off subject, one of my Christian little sisters, who is traveling the US in her 1971 Winnebago, is having a battery/charging issue, and needs one of my mechanic brothers to help her out. She is in Holmstead Florida.
    She doesn't have much money, so remember that giving is better than receiving. If you can help out, you can private message me, and you will be blessed just for meeting her. Thanks, Ric.

17. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

WASCALLY REJECTED WABBIT
    or
    WASCALLY WAJECTED WABBIT
    or
    WAJECTED WASCALLY WABBIT

With a picture of Elmer Fudd pointing his double barrel down track:)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    30dodgeboy likes this.
  18. Tell ya one thing, The Child has to go a round against Vanishing Act, I'm gonna be Panicking Jack! Better idea, let Marc drive and blame the loss on him. :)

30dodgeboy likes this.
  19. Hooley

Hooley

My application was excepted for the "OKIE TWISTER" Henry J for the Melt Down. Also got a motel. I had to take the wheels and tires off the Willys PU to have period correct wheels. Looking forward to this event. I have heard so much about it.

Hooley

swade41, beebee78 and saltflats like this.
  20. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Yup Need a Big Rat for That For Sure:eek: d.o.h.c..JPG

21. I think our new mighty mouse will make the steam, but our car is a porker as is, 3200 with chunky monkey me in the saddle, about 40lbs. or so less with Marc. If I started cutting and got it down to SEG legal 2500lbs with driver, we'd have a serious weapon.

Tickety Boo likes this.
  22. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Ric-

That is one big "if".... IF your aunt had balls she would be your uncle and IF Scott had a Chevy he would have a chance!

30dodgeboy, Tickety Boo and 9sectruck like this.
  23. .., if the Pokie Choker had a stick, it wouldn't be a chick car..,

30dodgeboy, beebee78 and powrshftr like this.
  24. I've already talked to Shannon, the best Idea, is bolting our 413 into the Pale Rider which would be SEG legal at 2478 lbs. with driver, and that car can get that light! Our engine with the new Edelbrock 61229's designed by my buddy Bryce, that flow 370+ cfm & should bump the HP into the 825-850 range. White Trash will have to be renamed "White Thrashed" & Quains Willys will be renamed "Grand Delusion"

Tickety Boo likes this.
  25. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

What happens when Donovan gets a set of heads like all the other small blocks have...he is still running 23°'s

beebee78 and powrshftr like this.
  26. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ric's Aunt probably has more balls than your Chevy,Jeff;)
    Lol!
    Scott

27. He gets to learn how to control another 75hp, and that Anglia is already nervous with the 640hp it has and he's already near 2400 lbs. If we were 80lbs.heavier, but 100hp stronger, Shannon could exact revenge on the historical relegating of the Tri 5's to the lower gas classes by the little cars.

II FUNNY likes this.
  28. Ya, be nice Jeff, Auntie Tea Bag, could drive you car for you if you put a MANuel trans in it.

30dodgeboy likes this.
  29. I could buy Donovan a new set of Keystones & kill a tenth, & the Anglia's will to live too. :)

30. powrshftr

powrshftr

Watch out Jeff,if the sale of my Model A and some Hemi stuff goes through,I might have some additional cash to slip a 3.25" stroke crank into my little 289,then we will both be at 331ci......Unless that's really a 383 you're running .Either way,I ain't a skeered!:D

Scott

Tickety Boo likes this.