Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Well almost there but better ran a 7.50 tonight which equals out to a 11.70 and still have some tuning to do which is alot better than the 12.50's I was running at the Meltdown. I have one more race next weekend and we'll see what happens. This IS going to be a long winter.

2. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

That was weird....next time I opened the HAMB it misfired and went all "Groundhog Day" on me!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. powrshftr

powrshftr

Marc,
    Your car looks great!Thats pretty close to the same drivetrain I am gathering up for my next project:)

And reception is so bad out here that I only get an update every day or so....:(

Scott

5. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

The straight axle front end looks good, beebee.

beebee78 likes this.
  6. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Scott-

Next July is gonna feel like Ground Hog day for you as well...every race will be you watching me go through the traps in front of you..."second verse same as the first!"

Marc- beautiful Willy's....can't wait to see it at Byron next year.

30dodgeboy and beebee78 like this.
  7. powrshftr

powrshftr

Maybe if I'm pulling a trailer full of parts for the swap meet.

That's the only way the Unky Dunker is gonna get ahead of the Shaker;)

Scott

30dodgeboy likes this.
  8. Prolly have something there but not ready to race unless I can get my friend off his but and run the Henry J or the Anglia or one of his Willys....

9. Started stripping down the newest project the other day. The plan is to build it to the south east gasser rules and actually bring a gun for the north to the fight with instead of the rubber knifes we had in the north vs south shootout last year.

Attached Files:

AHotRod, beebee78, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  10. Damn.....looks like i should get my ass in gear and get this ready....
    [​IMG]

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well hell yeah !!! only bringing one???

12. Not just in gear, but in HIGH gear!
    LOL....

13. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

scan0013.jpg scan0015.jpg scan0022.jpg

There has been a slight change, since my Impala was sold. Instead of building my 59 GMC stepside, I'm going to try to finally finish rebuilding my 55 Cameo.

To make a long story short....I rebuilt it for my dad in 1990. It was totalled in 1996. I rebuilt the frame, brakes and suspension in 2002. The body work on the new cab, doors and hood was done in 2008. Planning to use the rebuilt 235 and a 3 speed O.D. trans. Hopefully, it will be done in time to trailer my 55 to next years Meltdown, but it has a looooong way to go.

Here is a link to it's build thread.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/some-progress-on-the-cameo.371458/

powrshftr and 30dodgeboy like this.
  14. Nice! PBRmeASAP is on board to go now, love the Cameo Torkwrench!

Seems like ol Ric is running out of smack talk. Probably senses the fact that he could be in for a surprise Sock Attack! The dog_patch gets around - just sayin - ;) there Ricky Poo - good thing I was in a meeting when you posted on Bean's thread :D

cali.jpg

15. I been waiting on a volley from you little brother. Then I saw you begging the Frito Bean Dippo for smackup, so I thought I'd go easy, and give you a moment for a Hemi Huddle with your Nopar friends to formulate a comeback for my 318 Poly suggestions. So far, all I got back was crickets & tumble weeds from your smackless ghost town. Mean while, I been thinking up a name for your hot rod. My favorite so far is "Plymouth Rock".., seeing as your on a pilgrimage to building a stone, and Thanksgiving is just round the corner. Ahhh, yawn, back to my nap.., let me know if ya need any help with that come back..,K chief.

loudbang and 30dodgeboy like this.
  16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Oh yeah brother ...... Coupe's RULE !

17. You know I love ya Dog Patch.., I'm pissing my pants laughing right now. :)

30dodgeboy likes this.
  18. Here is the truth Tony (Dog Patch) Sock Molester, your building something unique, so it WILL be bad ass, and if you do some or all of what we talked about with the engine, it'll haul ass, and that's no BS! Full steam ahead brother!

Bean Dip likes this.
  19. Ric as much as I want to build that Poly and stomp the Chili out of Yesterday, its gonna have to be the 392 now because I scored those Titan rockers off Brenden. Now the spring pressure can go way up an the RPM can too. Right now I am trying to get Russ to by 2 sets of magnesium wheels off me. If he does, then an aluminum head is coming your way for some R&D measuring on that top secret piston shape o_O .

Too bad I'm in San Diego not Irvine this time or we could draw this on a napkin at Yardhouse :)

Bean Dip likes this.
  20. BIFF!...BANG!!...POWWW!!! ADRIAN....ADRIAN!!!!!!! Come on Tony, back in the ring....eye o' the tiger!

Bean Dip likes this.
  21. Nice score on the rockers! Come on Russ, by the dang wheels man! Tony needs some aluminum heads if he's
    gonna have a prayer of turning us into "Yesterdays Step Child".

Resuscitating
    Injected
    Chrysler

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  22. If you could make it a little north to Irvine, I could give you a guided tour of CP-Carrillo, and buy you lunch (chicken soup?) and maybe a box of bandages..,and some Tylenol.., and an ice pack..,maybe an I Heart SBC's shirt, a new sock (cause wiping your eyes with that other one..,nasty!) Hey, did I see one of those cool light weight bell housing in one your mock up pics?..,I am impressed! We still have a Lakewood boat anchor.
    By the way, what are you asking for the 16" mags?, just in case Russ fades, maybe I can find a buyer.

23. A guided tour of CP Carrillo !! Now we're talking! That is a QuickTime housing and its far from light weight in my opinion but that was Hightower's recommendation.

Russ did fade - he found a 392 for sale and is emptying his pockets as we speak :(
    I am heading back to God's country in the morning - everyone has a carry permit and everyone has a still - love the South - let me shoot some pics. I have 2 rear Halibrand Champs and 2 - 12 spoke spindle mounts that need converted to aluminum heads :)

PBRmeASAP likes this.
  24. The Quick Time is almost half the weight of our Lakewood, everytime I bend over to pick it up, I nearly do a handstand! A Quick time is in our future, just not ready to spend that many clams to loose 10 lbs. Tell Russ he doesn't play fair, and I'm not sure I like him now! What bolt pattern are your rears, or are they something like a 6 pin/spinner Champ Sprint car setup? When you get some alloy heads let us know the weight savings, I'm just curious. I guess we could ask X Racer, or one of the guys at Hot Heads.

25. not the one's i missed on ....

26. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Hey Scott-

I saw this today and it made me think of you...I would print this out real big and post it on the wall of your garage as a little motivation on those cold Canadian days....

Ford.jpg

saltflats likes this.
  27. Jeffey those ones you missed were Palamides. The ones I need to unload are 16x8 in a 5 on 5.5 hole. They have Coker Cheaters on them. The 12 spokes are Anglia spindle mounts.

28. Do they make a HEMI set ?

enloe likes this.
  29. Ok, here is our official laundry list.

1. Finish & install Injected, Rat, Elephant, & Whale eat'n Mighty Mouse small block chevy.
    2. Refine carbureted, Rat, Elephant, & Whale eat'n Mighty Mouse small block chevy, in case number 1. doesn't happen.
    3. Adjustable front suspension travel limiters to help improve 60' time (working on these now).
    4. Nickel plate & polish all the new front suspension pieces (chrome is too heavy, expensive, and metal damaging over time.
    5 .Get the headers coated in white.
    6. Engine turn the motor plate.
    7. Hook up a pan evac setup
    8. Get the new 2nd gear set in the spare Jerico we got for a song & a dance.
    9. Take a couple more turns out of the pressure plate, & 2 grams of counter weight of each lever.
    10. Get a Quick Time bell housing, to shed a few lbs.
    11. Chromoly drive shaft, to shed a few lbs.
    12. New semi eliptic rear suspension (ala Mazmanians Willys setup by B&M), with 48"-56" ladder bars.
    13.Install REM finished 4.88 gears and paint rear end assembly.
    14. Install parachute (old school "ring form") & mount.
    15. Change out removable steel trunk floor, & fuel cell mounts for aluminum versions, to shed some more lbs.
    16. Clean & paint underside of car.
    17. Replace front & rear window with Pro Glass lexan to lose a few more lbs.
    18. Install new door panels lite carpet and tidy up the interior
    19. Make the dome light, back up lights, & rear turn signals work again.
    20. Replace high back seats with low back versions and fab new head rest.
    21. Ping on "Dog Patch" & anyone else who enters the smack talk arena, while throwing Smack-O-Grams our way, while reassuring them I'm not serious with my verbal abuse, and would prefer to help them if possible
    22. Be able to back up all my rediculous smack talk.
    23. Talk myself, my brothers, & my wife, into driving 3930 miles round trip..,again (we gotta be nuts, or this event is that BITCHEN)!, while spending $2200 just in fuel to get there! OUCH!
    24. Talk Marc into towing another rig there, and spending at least $1200 more in diesel (his Power Stroke gets double the mileage of our gas guzzling RV "Wanda").
    25. Get all, or most of this done, in the next 9 months while also raising 3ea. 8-10
    year old kids, who all play sports, and getting through a wedding anniversary (Oct. 21st), a bushel basket of birthdays, & at least 7 holidays.., piece of cake!
    PS. Almost forgot,
    26. Adjust wheelie bars up an inch.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014