Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Ric

When I am two car lengths ahead I won't need a screen on the windshield

30dodgeboy and strokedstang331 like this.
  2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Man some of you guys have a PHD in Shit Talking :)

55belairx2 likes this.
  3. powrshftr

powrshftr

The only time Jeff is gonna be two cars ahead of me is if he sets his alarm clock earlier and gets in line at the donut shop drive through before I do.:D lol

Scott

30dodgeboy likes this.
  4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I thought you were going to say "If he was in front of you at the gate waiting to get in".

55belairx2 and powrshftr like this.
  5. powrshftr

powrshftr

Or that...;) lol

55belairx2 likes this.
  6. Laughing dog.gif

55belairx2 likes this.
  7. Caravaning too Sam's Drive In, doesn't count as a grudge match win man.

55belairx2 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Ric when you are off your meds you have to be the best entertainment on here.
    And one of the first to offer help for anyone no matter what sticker is on the ride.
    You are a stand up guy.

Ok enough of the sappy shit if I could only get one of my teachers to get on board we would give you guys good ol fashion scoolin on going fast.

55belairx2 likes this.
  9. Sr. Sodium, I hope everyone knows I'm just stirring the pot, and yes all malarkey aside, I'm having fun helping out where ever I can (a growing phenomenom among Meltdown Drags attendee's, that probably no one ever thought of/expected). Joe (One of the Border Bandits) is embarking on a Tazmanian Devil of a W engine build, so stay tuned. I think most of those 409/409HP cars ran lower/mid 12's around 108-112 mph ish, so there is your bench mark maybe. I worry about those stock 409 rods, as they are not much stouter than a set of stock 327 rods, but they have 250+ grams (over 1/2 a pound) more weight hanging on them, and contrary to popular believe, stock stroke (3.500 same as 350 Chevy) 409's are NOT "torque" engines, they need some rpm.., only that's when the stock rods decide to "loose the homing pistons".., so proceed with caution!!! Those iron 409 blocks are spendy, and getting harder to find, and we W engine fans don't want to have to say I told you so. At the end of the day, I think everyone knows, or is gonna know, that the Meltdown Drags are a rare and special thing, and we all need to follow the example of its creators & stewards, and keep feeding it, so we all have a place to play. I've been telling Quain, its like the old days when there were only a couple big races a year, like the Indy Nationals, Winternationals, the original Smoker's Fuel & Gas Championships (aka The March Meet) in Bakersfield. The Meltdowns, and the South East Gasser races are something a guy, or group of guys can plan for, save for, and work on the cars for extended amounts of time, so that they/we can afford to do it. Though some (like 3, I think) have voiced a dislike for the smack talk, I'm having fun with it, anyone can do it, and its building the anticipation!.., I think.

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well there you go setting a benchmark for me damn it.
    I will be gentle on the ol girl I promise.

11. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

The Art project has a new cam as of today and sounds like my short block should be done next week sometime!! Just want to thank Mr. Panneton for all his help and advice ! And let the smack talk commence!! It's good ol fashioned fun and keeps us motivated, if u don't like it or can't handle it DONT read it!!

55belairx2, powrshftr and saltflats like this.
  12. YA! NO SOUR GRAPES, JACKASS'S!.., uh.., oops.., uh sorry Art, obvious your sour ass.., uh grape.., is.., uh good.., ok..., uh fine.

55belairx2 and beebee78 like this.
  13. bigslim55

bigslim55

Geez, I step away for a few hours & the smack talking really gets revved up!
    As for the Lakeshore Shakker VS The Okiedoker grudge match??? Hum?!?
    The first race, Scott takes the first race after Jeff is asleep at the switch practicing his arm exercises rowing the gears!
    The Second race, hum? Jeff slams a Five Hour Energy & has his arm fully stretched out, (after trying to catch the Shakker staring at Scott's rear deck lid that says "YOU LOSE") Jeff being all jacked up from the five hour energy pulls a Holeshot laying waste to the Lakeshore Shakker in the second race!
    OH BOY! The Third race, the one for all the marbles! Who will be King of the Hill? Ford vs Chevy?!? Who will be talking smack to who for the next year!?! HUM? STAY TUNED!!!
    Jim...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

saltflats likes this.
  14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Just to let you know I wasn't complaining

15. Not at all enloe, your PHD comment slayed me, I was giggling for a bit.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Yep PHD in shit talking but can't spell for crap.
    My kind of person:)
    I am really envious of you guys.
    Eventually I will HAVE a Gasser style car to race with you guys.

beebee78 likes this.
  17. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Ric-

I know education is not much of a focus in California, but it is "to" not "too" in the following sentence...

"Caravaning too Sam's Drive In, doesn't count as a grudge match win man."

Grammar is your friend!

Your love and support of Scott has me perplexed... I may have to triple dog dare you to line up with the Okie....not with Marc driving though... He is good for at least a second faster!

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Holy shit that echoed all the way to mid Mo.

55belairx2 likes this.
  19. Your on Jeph! I'll just fly in and trade Moon Sprocket' a new set of dentures, or a chocolate milk & a beef stick for a lap in his '56. He got spanked by Scott driving the Barbie car last year, but his '56 with the road race front tires, still ought to have enough Wheaties to take the sweat out of the Chicken Choker.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    55belairx2 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  20. Enloe, your wish is closer than you think. Cash in your Chia Pet collection, and bring that $57 to the Meltdown this year. You'll be able to buy a well used 57 Chevy (missing its doors) with a paint job that looks like George Barris and Earl Sheib got jacked up on Cap'n Crunch & Pixie Sticks, and sprayed red Kool Aid all over it through an empty Bic pen. Oh, and it may have a few hoof prints on it too.

55belairx2, beebee78, enloe and 2 others like this.
  21. Woohoo! Ric's asleep :p na na na naa. Glad I stayed out of this round of big talk, really hate abusing children:D.

Spanking
    His
    Only
    Child
    Killin it
    Every
    Race

Thank you I'll be hear all morning - don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses.

22. powrshftr

powrshftr

Gauntlet officially thrown down.

Scott

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Too Funny :)

24. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Enloe-

Bring some money if you come because if I do lose to a Ford driver from Canada I will more than likely be selling the car...

Ric - I officially invite you to ride in the passenger's seat in my run against Scott. You can take some good time lapse pictures as you see the front end of a Mustang disappear in the distance. Make sure you take some early so you can capture the heartbreak on his face as he realizes that he worked all winter for nothing...It will bring him back to high school when Sally still said no after he spent all winter growing out his mullet and practiced moose wrestling to impress her.

25. powrshftr

powrshftr

Moose wrestling?

Somebody get this guy a Canadian Dictionary...

I think you're getting the term Moose Knuckle mixed up with something else Jefficabra.

And Enloe:

Bring your cash,and your Trailer cause Jeff is probably going to kick a rod outta that Ol heap trying to run with me,so when you buy it at a reduced price as a roller you will need a way to get it home...;)

Scott

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

:) MAN IT SO SOUNDS LIKE I AM GOING TO BE BUYING A BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICED GASSER! I AM SO EXCITED! :)

28. Yesterdays
    Experiencing
    Smack
    Talking
    Even
    Racer
    Dog
    Attacking,
    Yesterdays Child
    Slays
    Chrysler
    Hemi
    In
    Loosing
    Dodge

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Dog_Patch likes this.
  29. Owner
    Knows
    Immanent
    Execution

Defeat
    Of
    Koopypoopslingnarmswingnshifter
    Every
    Race

powrshftr likes this.
  30. LMAO...

With the Chrysler comment I was going to suggest you get out of the smog and get some fresh air, cause it looked like you were gettin a little loopy... but now I see you are OK... Carry on. :D

55belairx2 likes this.