Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. bigslim55

bigslim55

RIC I agree the weekend was a blur! It will be nice to get around & put names to faces & check out cars this July!
    As for my brother Scott or better known by his nickname "Bumpy", passed on 12/17/12... Of a Heart Attack, what people refer to as The Widow Maker... He was 35 years young! I told him, "I'd finish the Gasser, I'd see it thur"... His 3 wishes or where he wanted to take it was the Hunnert Car, The Meltdown & Symco Shakedown.
    Looking back I should of started a build thread, maybe I still can, I'm still making improvements to it... But I believe he's ecstatic of how it turned out!
    Jim... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422490955.347531.jpg
    Scott's on the right & his buddy Chase left.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Dog_Patch, 30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  2. powrshftr

powrshftr

I would be there Tuesday if you guys would open the gates....lol

30dodgeboy likes this.
  3. We don't get there that early Scott....

4. Lets petition for Tuesday Scott.! I am there as a spectator again this year, but this time I am pulling in on Thursday, and leaving Monday.
    I was there Friday night to Sunday morning last year, and was in Awe....

beebee78, 30dodgeboy and fast30coupe like this.
  5. cs39ford

cs39ford

Just down river road south of track there's Lowden State park with plenty of camping spots. Maybe that would help for any early birds

6. bigslim55

bigslim55

Yes! Yes! Yes! How bout Meltdown week!!!! LOL...
    Jim

30dodgeboy and twoponchos like this.
  7. powrshftr

powrshftr

I know Scott is gonna be watching with a big Ol grin on his face this year!:)
    You've got that Ol Ford workin now Jim!:D

8. bigslim55

bigslim55

Yeah I hope he is! Hope he ain't mad I switched intakes! That tunnel ram looks so much better on there! A pair of them Holman Moody valve covers would look badass on there too! Lol
    Jim...

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

I think I would trade you my set of H/M covers for some shiny new HiPo covers from National Parts Depot if you're feelin adventurous...?:)

Scott

10. bigslim55

bigslim55

Scott, Can u send a NPD part number or pic? Jim

11. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Jim-

I think what you have done in finishing your brothers car is one of the most honorable and respectable things I have ever seen. There are many who are into this car or racing thing with their brothers and we get how much this means. You are a heck of a good man and the whole MDA looks forward to seeing more of you in 2015. I am just wondering who are you rooting for? The Lakeshore Sharter or the Okie Doker?

12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I KNOW I HAVE ASKED THIS BEFORE BUT IS THERE ONSITE CAMPING?

13. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Just found out who the Honored Guest will be this year. Hard to top Isky, but this will impress you guys.

30dodgeboy and Rob_A like this.
  14. Now your talking! Bonneville gets one, why not Meltdown Week.., I think I just heard the entire MD Crew pass out. :)

15. GARLITS!? You guys should ask Jack Merkel, I bet he'd go. I know his sons.

16. powrshftr

powrshftr

He's throwing his support behind the winning car Jeffro.
    That would be the Shaker,just in case you're still confused;)

Scott

30dodgeboy likes this.
  17. Man, tuff question. Jim has a Tri-5 like you Jeff, but its a Ford like Scotts. Jims probably being cat like, and gonna spank the both of you when you least expect it! Walk quietly and carry a big stick Jim, I've tried, but it lasted for 1 minute & 12 seconds.., you know, cause of the bad voices.

30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  18. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yes sir.

19. It's a hard choice for me too Jim, I'm a Tri-5 guy, and the KoopenSwingarm Twins are cool cats, but then I'm French Canadian, so Scott is my home cheese, and the underdog, so I want to root for the "Part Store Banker" too! Man, decisions, decisions.

20. that would be RAD! I just had a private tour with him over new years when i was down in Florida, he is a very genuine and nice guy!

powrshftr likes this.
  21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Garlits would be kool I got to pit for him at KCIR a few years back.

powrshftr likes this.
  22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Hey Ric I thought Okie Doker was the under dog.

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

Only if you go by reaction times...;)

Scott

55belairx2 likes this.
  24. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Really Scott?

Do I need to put my directional on to make it even?

55belairx2, 30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  25. powrshftr

powrshftr

It'll look pretty funny in my rear view mirror if you do:D

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

Although I did unscrew the turn signal stalk from my column and throw it away after I watched that video....:D lol!

Scott

55belairx2 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Every one has there own handy caps.

28. ..,but he's replacing it with one that had a cruise control switch on it. Can you imagine that, firewall the throttle, hit the switch, drop the clutch, and just bang the clutch pedal (SEG rules), and hope to Jesus, it shuts off when you hit the brake pedal. "Lets get Mikey, he'll try it"

55belairx2 likes this.
  29. Well Salty dude, the Oprah Poker is under someone, weather she is a dog or not is based on person preference I suppose. ;)

30dodgeboy likes this.
  30. ..,Scott does probably have a weight advantage though, and it increases by the moment as the ever rusting Salt Lake Clanker, is continuously creeping back to, from whence it came! Better warn the Byron track crew not to get too close on the starting line! When Scott drops the hammer this year, his old nag might loose a couple of horse shoes, and a chunk of floor board, or sub frame rail! Crap it could be safer sitting on top of the ole smoke stack (what are they doing down there anyway, smoking ribs and other BBQ stuff?)off the end of the track. By the way Jeff, you may want to add a windshield screen, you know like the dirt track guys do, just in case Scott throws some Canadian dirt clods, rust, or "road apples" your way. :)