Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Westergard style '38 cabriolet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I think you're thinking too hard....

If I'm right, they're both black and they're coupes...

2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Proud to say I helped in some small way with both Metallicars.

4. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

those two look SO good sitting next to each other, you don't get much more perfect than that...well unless i owned both lol

5. RF

RF

Does the currator of the non-black one acknowledge that?

6. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

7. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I walked back to that car more than half dozen times. I was also quite evangelical in my praise of it. Ask Dillard. Now I'd better snag a '38 before they get gobbled up. Wayno

8. Rikster

Rikster

Tom Sewell recently redid the top for it.

Before...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And after a new Tom Sewll top in white... The black was nice.. but the white... WOW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. You'd think with all that was done to the Metallica '36 that nothing could share space & not get overshadowed..... but a chopped & dropped & otherwise stock (body-wise) '38 Deluxe can.

To do much else to that '38 would just be change for the sake of change.

JH

10. Wow! That totally changes my outlook on '38s as a custom. We need a drooling icon...

Bryan

11. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

That is the same car?

Holy shitakke....

I can't believe how much more interesting it is with a few splashes of contrast...

Talk about having a good eye for design. Cole is living up to his rep fo' sho'.

That tears it '38 Fords are the shit.

12. 53burb

53burb

I wish I had taken more of this ride. I was maxed out but at least I got one to add here. KNUX!

Attached Files:

13. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Before and after from similar perspectives

Attached Files:

14. Wow, that car is like night and day with the changes made. Looks 100% better than it did with such simple changes. Radials kill the look for me completely anyways. Bias plys for life. Cole Foster did it again.

15. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Seeing those two sinister cars next to each other was pretty dang kool...stopped me in my tracks.

I love the evil early kustom thing, it was like looking at two hot sinful sisters.;)

Attached Files:

• sin1.jpg
      sin1.jpg
      File size:
      93.5 KB
      Views:
    • sin2.jpg
      sin2.jpg
      File size:
      109 KB
      Views:
  16. Clark

Clark

Anybody else notice the taillights? Are they Lincolns with 1 bar removed or Fords with a bar added? Cool either way.
    Clark

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I was thinking the same thing Clark.

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.

18. Blackie

Blackie

Looks much better with the new wheels/tires IMO...

19. White top with the black wheels makes all the difference in the world.

That car is so beautiful...I think I'm going to be sick...

20. cole

cole

Wish I could take all the credit for the 38, Kent has had some hero rides for sure and owns some great bikes (gold flatty we just did) his 52 buick ruled the mid 80s, he built a black flathead bike and won easyriders show 1990? he had 59 caddy, 58 brougham, we helped him , but he deserves the credit, kent and I are tight friends , and I respect his eye alot, was glad to tweek a little on it.

When that 38 was next to 36 it was a toss up, but those two cars as far as im concerned ruled that fuckn place hard....... winners? Nahh, barris award? nope . Did they make people remember that customs are spooky bad guy cars? hard to tell........I for one am not a fan of all the frosty, queer candy customs of the last 10 years, we wont win shows, the 36 at paso didnt place in top 5 and at the goodguys show it got the nifty fifties award, really? If I didnt know in my heart that I dig what I and we at my shop do and listened to the judges or whoever the fuck chooses awards for the most part ,I should put my tail between my legs and and quit this shit and stop embarrassing myself,.............But I try hard to please myself and I get plenty of pat's on the back.

sometimes (goodguys west coast nationals) I really was bummed out after seeing boyds top 20, street rodders picks, or whatever, and nothing, it can fuck you up, and dosent make me want to build cars to please the masses, or I would build some tangerine double bubbled fagsled, it makes me want to park them across the street from the show. I had a great time, saw my friends, show was steller and even got a 2 dollar trophy, not bad.

Kent was so funny, he just keeped looking at are shitboxes and saying to me "those are the baddest motherfuckers here" and we would smile as we watched Barris walk by with his weathered "barris girls" on each arm to take some more pictures in front of the bat mobile. was a perfect weekend , glad to be home.

21. cole

cole

Thomas made a bar for stock tailight he did a bitchen job splicing 46 lincoln dash with stock one too

22. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

man, that's beautiful!

23. Wow, it doesn't take much does it. Beautiful car.

Now, all I need is for someone to photoshop my grille into that car!

24. Oops, the grille in the cut down 38 hood.

Attached Files:

25. Muttley

Muttley

HAHAHAHA..........be happy Boyd doesnt like your work, it means you did something right.

26. 53burb

53burb

Cole. You have mine and alot of other people's respect for what you have done in the car world and your work is far beyond any of them others that need to dump a ton of cash into a car that doesn't even come close to the ones that you put out. Like I told you at the show when you were dusting both the cars off, you have my choice for best car done on the HAMB and at that show and the others you had it at, "PERIOD!" And may I throw this in, you had the best "HAIR" there so fuck all of them bald headed gold chainers there. Next time, have your car next to Fortier's and just hang out with the rest of us at the Suede Palace! KNUX!

27. believe me mate you dont need a cheap plastic trophy and the opinion of wankers like boyd (you only have to look at how he thinks a `32 should look like from that abortion pedal car he turned out) to tell you how cool your work looks....the opinion of the masses is what count and from what i see the masses have voted a big thumbs up....keep `em coming

automotive wizardry at its best

monkey

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm just really excited there is another car that truely belongs beside the '36... Seeing cars like these two is enough to make a hot rod guy want to do a custom...

29. the-rodster

the-rodster

Jimmy,

You designed the interior for the 36, right?

What did you do for the other one?

Rich

30. Ha Ha! That has to be one of the best lines I've ever read on the Hamb.

The '38 and the '36 are simply magnificent...They're like my older brother...Tougher, better looking, and every time you see him, he punches you straight in the gut and takes your breath away....