Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest We lost a lifetime Dayton Ohio rodder today.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lump, Jan 22, 2017.

1. lump

lump

Notice to rodders from Southern Ohio area. Long time Dayton, Ohio native and life time hot rodder Dave Garber passed away today, after a battle with cancer. Dave was one of those truly nice guys, who treated everyone with kindness and courtesy. He started modifying old cars long before he was old enough to drive, and stayed with the hobby his entire life. He will be greatly missed.

2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am sorry for your loss. I did not know Dave but your kind words describing him make him out to be a good man and hot rodder. We should all be as fortunate as he to be remembered as fondly by our friends. May he rest in peace and comfort to his family.

3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My condolences to the family and friends.

4. Condolences...

5. butch27

butch27

Dave was a great guy and electric wiz. He was a friend to everyone.

6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I remember his Austin A-40?? and of course his airflow.. He will be missed...

7. Wow, way too many old time hot rodders are leaving us lately. My condolences to you and to his family. May he rest in peace now.

8. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Met Dave about 30years ago on the way back from Knoxville Tennessee my friend lost a wheel bearing on the front of his 40 pickup . Went looking for a wheel bearing found one but when we got back to the truck we found out the wheel bearing race was frozen to the spindle sitting on the side of interstate 75 about 250 miles from home now what the hell are we going to .along comes this group of guys from Dayton Ohio. Dave Garber was one of them one of the guys in there group had went to Knoxville to buy a car but it didn't turn out the the car the guy said it was so he was heading home with an empty trailer. So the guys say lets put the 40 pickup on the trailer haul it to Dayton and you can pick it up in Dayton one day next week. Talked to Dave many times over the next 30 years. Rest in peace my friend and my condolences to his family and friends.

9. Condolences to family and friends.

10. RODIST

RODIST

Dave, & his rescue of the 40 ...sounds like a real good guy,..R I P Dave

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to his Family & friends

12. Sorry to hear this. My condolences to those affected by this huge loss. I am really fed up with all the cancer affecting us these days. It seems like it's out of control. May God give the right people the knowledge to find the remedy and soon.

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to the Garber family and friends on the to soon passing of their Dave.