Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Warning about ebay seller

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lauri, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauri

Lauri

image.jpg image.jpg I bought 1939 transmission from ebay seller PLAINJANE. He says that transmission is remanufactured, perfect gears, case magnafluxed,tower with his new parts etc. When I get it, overseas to europe, quite expensive to send, transmission was very bad. Case was cracked near main bearing, some gears very bad. Tolerances two to three times bigger that should be. Tower with old and wrong parts. Different transmission than pictures in ebay. Nothing was so as he said! Everybody can read what he say in ebay. Here is some pictures what is magnafluxed case and perfect gears.
    Sad to lost money to him. Maybe this helps somebody!

2. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

That sucks,i hate sellers like that!
    Try to get your money back,there are instructions on ebay how to do it.

3. do you have a link

4. schreddr

schreddr
    BANNED
    from ND

What an A-Hole. Yes as stated previously. E-Bay will pay you back. You may need a letter from the shop that did the work. But you are protected.. Hey do they sell jb weld over there?? :)

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Doesn't the Ebay protection clock start at the time of sale? It may have taken so long in shipping that it's past the window.

6. stimpy

stimpy

they might make a exception as its a overseas shipment and add shipping time ( which I know can be 2-4+ weeks) depending on brokerages and customs houses

7. I have talked to plain Jane in the past, he is somewhat of a know it all and self proclaimed expert with a attitude to go with it, that's why we never bought anything from him, I think he is in Indiana or Ohio somewhere....

8. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear you got burned. Try to buy from HAMB or Ford Barn, if possible. It's not fool proof, but I think you have a much better chance then on eBay.

9. Lauri

Lauri

I told seller that i am not happy. He said that send all but case back. I was stupid and send all back. Next he reported me that box was broken and almost all parts missing?? I lost more money becouse transport and he returned only very little money back. But all this becouse in ebay fine pictures and words and parts are very different. Not true pictures and no true words.
    Overseas here and back was over 45 days. I send pictures and all information both ebay and paypal but time was over.
    I have also get good parts from ebay. No is also some parts coming. This seller was over 2000 100% good feedback. Maybe otherkind parts mostly? And if time is over, even I can not leave feedback. But now I have good parts ,also from ebay, in my transmission and all is good. Only little information with pictures to others!

10. verde742

verde742

turns my stomach,
    I would like to apologize for all the jerks anybody comes in contact with,

there are so darn many good people in the hobby...

11. if you handed those gears to a blind guy, he could tell they were no good.
    seller was just evil.

12. ^ answer to above question is " money money money"

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  13. I've seen that name somewhere before.

I'm sorry you got ripped off but your telling us might keep someone here from getting screwed.

I am from the old school and was taught to be honest,I couldn't sleep at night if ripped someone off like that...I hate a thief and that's just what plainjane is. :mad: HRP

Hnstray likes this.
  14. 117harv

117harv

Something is up, you cant sell stuff like the trans in question and still keep 100% feedback???

15. No, it's got to be more than that.
    I wonder if they laugh and say " wait till that idiot opens this" or "holy crap I better seal this up before I someone sees this, and mail it before they find out" or "now where's that old fucked thing, it was here before I left for the post office"

I don't know anyone in Finland, but this guys not very far from here.

16. Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  17. carmuts

carmuts

I have sold on ebay and Fordbarn for nearly 14 years and it is sellers like this that hurt all that sell on ebay or any other place on the internet. Make sure to punish him as much as possible. Rod

18. WTF. Seems like a LOT of overseas HAMBers are getting screwed by US sellers.

19. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

20. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

21. xix32

xix32

in the 70's we called him "honest" John Kovar. sorry you got clipped by him.

22. flynstone

flynstone

hopefully, karma gets that jerk........ soon

23. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

That's horrible. Sorry.
    Karma will take too long.

24. For real??? That @#$%%^^&* I NEVER did like him. Yes, attitude and knows everything including what has not been discovered.

25. He was at NSRA Knoxville swap meet a couple of years ago with some stuff. He apparently had not heard of the adage "You only get one chance to make a good first impression". I decided to spend my money elsewhere.

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Hot Rod John (Kovar) 330-468-3027 Northfield, Ohio - trans in eBay ad - 4 available/1 sold $700 plus shipping

27. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Thats why I have a credit card on my E-bay account, I can disput the transaction with Mastercard

28. i just had an experience with a guy on ebay that sells power steering kits. despite living in the friendly woods of texas he sent me a bunch of mismatched, ill fitting, crap that i needed to make fit. the kit was incomplete and by the time he sent me the remainder of the wrong parts the 14 day return policy had passed. by the time i made the brackets he sent fit they looked like swiss cheese, so they ended up in the scrap barrel. i pulled all the stuff back out of the car and left it manual till i make up the right parts, and find the correct parts to do it right. avoid him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.