Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Viva Las Vegas - Lonestar roundup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fleet-49, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Fleet-49

Fleet-49
    from Austria

Hello!
    We are planning our holidays! Starting with Viva Las Vegas and travel to the Lonestar roundup in Austin.
    I´m from Austria, Europe and interested in custom cars, Rock´n´Roll and beer! Reffering to this I´m looking for some places of interest along the road?
    Please try to make some nomination, thanks!
    Markus

2. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Places of interest between Las Vegas and Austin on road trip very funny your not from hear are you

3. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

If you're driving, the drive will keep you occupied; that's a good thing. If you're flying, there's plenty to keep you busy in Vegas. Or go to Austin early; lots to do there. Austin's always busy that time of the year.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just did that trip from Central Texas (Inlaws live 80 miles North of Austin) to Vegas in July and there really isn't a lot to see or do outside of taking a side trip to see the Grand Canyon in Arizona and possibly stopping at the Navaho shops for a trinket or two or possibly turquoise jewelry for your lady. Other than that it's get on the freeway, get up to cruising speed and set the cruise control and click off miles.
    If you fly from Vegas to Austin and have a few days you will have more interesting possibilities than time allows. Checking out the shops around Austin, visiting some of the interesting towns in the Texas Hill country, taking day trip down to San Antonio and just kicking back in Austin.

5. Fleet-49

Fleet-49
    from Austria

Thats why i'm asking ;-)

Okay good to know, thanks!

6. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

enjoy route 66 from Kingman Arizona (which is 100 miles southeast of Vegas )to at least Albuquerque maybe even perhaps Amarillo Texas

7. I think you would do well to take Route 66,lots to see.