Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nice van. Is it known?

2. Is that top chopped?

3. We'll help you decide. Share some more pictures, start a thread?

4. [​IMG]

A little internet search came up with this.

From the blog of May 17, 2010

http://silbigread.blogspot.com/

Diane Brown
    Sno-Isle Libraries

Comments about the photograph:
    This is one of my brother’s bands. It is not the one I was thinking about when I wrote the above but the one he was in a year later. My brother Dave Brown –the guitar player and Lynn Whitehall – the bass player – got married in August 1965 after her June graduation from high school. He graduated in 1964.

In my brother’s words: "This picture was taken in 1965 at 26th Ave. S.W. and Roxbury (West Seattle/White Center) in the MarketTime Store parking lot."

The car is a 1954(?) 55 Vett. Dick is on baritone sax, Tom on piano, Lynn on bass, Curt on tenor sax and his Corvette, and Dave Brown on Guitar. "The Sierras" (MarketTime was an early or alternative name for Fred Meyer,)

5. slychamp

slychamp
    from Qc ca

[​IMG]

1938 Comet on autocar chassis :)

6. Tudorp

Tudorp

Here is a couple of my contributions. My Dad with his pride taken around 1965 when I was a kid. He loved his truck, and I loved the days riding down the highway bouncing around in the back. His 1949 Dodge.
    [​IMG]

Years later with my pride back in 1979 when I was in the service. My 1949 (1st series) P15 Plymouth Deluxe Coup.

[​IMG]

7. Tudorp

Tudorp

Here is my sad one. The accident that killed my Grandmother back in 1956. She worked for an antique dealer, and had this wagon loaded with furniture in the back. Drove at highway speeds through an intersection not aware they had the other side closed down with a truck parked crossways in the road blocking it. At night, no flairs, only a small "closed for construction" sign, and the truck parked crossways in the road. Furniture came forward and crushed her into the steering wheel. Killed instantly. Sad day for the family in 1956.

[​IMG]

8. JohnMc

JohnMc
    from Illinois

[​IMG]

Now that's a classy shot!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Trojan Horse likes this.
  9. OKG853

OKG853
    from Indiana

10. walpolla

walpolla

11. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

301 Grand AVE. in Des Moines IA.
    The showroom was built to house the new Tucker automobile in 1948 but never got to do that.
    [​IMG]

12. I really like this picture from Vancouver BC. What a great name for a billiards hall. "DONT ARGUE", followed by "Happyland".:)

Attached Files:

13. The stars from TV show Adam-12.

14. LittleBritishCar

LittleBritishCar
    from Napa, CA

Wow, this brought back some memories! My family lived in Southgate during the late 1960s and I remember driving past this every single day. I used to think the guy on the Pontiac sign was my dad because it looked exactly like his silhouette. It is sadly a vacant lot now. Just up the road near my Aunt's house was the old Harvey's/Johnie's Broiler, which was where my parents hung out back when they were dating and the first restaurant they brought me to as a child. It was rebuilt as a Bob's Big Boy Broiler recently and looks very similar to the way it looked in the old days. The old McDonald's is also very close. This area - South Gate, Downey, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, etc. - was a huge area for cruising and hotrods back then. My dad, my uncles, and all their friends always had hotrods and bikes and everything centered around them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  15. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Love the A&W Root Beer with the sign "Turn Lights on for Service" on the building.

More memory lane shots. Jimbo

16. swi66

swi66

[​IMG]

Buffalo NY
    [​IMG]
    1952 Bethlehem Steel gate 1, Lackawana NY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.