Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moefuzz

moefuzz

Lisbon Portugal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder what all those part$ ad up to now-a-days? Grille = $2500ish
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Sales and Service"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

3. moefuzz

moefuzz

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Haha, this guy with the hot motors

[​IMG]

5. 1947 Porterville, CA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Rockettes mid 60's

[​IMG]

7. the original iPod
    [​IMG]

8. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

So if you won the Ford Sportsman, the consequences would be termites?

9. 11E

11E
    from USA

This is a very interesting shot...M4 Shermans coming off the production line simultaneously with M3 Lee's. the TC cupolas have not yet been fitted to the M3's. Probably for ease of turret access during manufacture. The m4's still have pistol ports, which would be eliminated eventually.

Do you have this image in higher res you could share? I moderate an armor-related forum and our members would be delighted with this one. Have a year for this? Know what plant? Any others along these lines?

Thx!

10. pregrid

pregrid

My dad worked at Hiller during the "flying platform's" development. Don't know how much involvment he had in it but he ran the "plastics" shop so I would guess some anyway. Their chief test pilot was also in many Camel cigarette ads.

11. 11E

11E
    from USA

Looked good on paper, but a really bad idea...every time they tried to fire a battle rifle off the thing, physics would intervene and throw them out of trim, requiring taking a hand off the rifle and grabbing the rail to regain control.

Popular Mechanics, Popular Science and the like used to run some very fanciful cover articles on the flying man/flying jeep concept as the wave of the future battlefield.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just the moustache wax concession for all those rotary wing grunts would have busted the budget!

12. I know it's not a Photo but I have to share this site because of the awesome footage of the 334th with my friends Dad Tim Cronin from Wisconsin... he just turned 90 at the end of last year and is having problems with his vision and of course his hearing but he is still very sharp!

So Please enjoy this site... as any of the photo's and footage are copyrighted and I wouldn't want to infringe this sites collection.

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/6...icer-dividing-money_pilot-in-cockpit-of-plane

13. George G

George G

Is that a Morton Rotary engine?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.