Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Go Kart & Minibike Race! White Knuckle Scramble 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

By September you'll be itching for a break from the desert heat. A trip to Chicago will do you some good. :)

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

3. pontman

pontman

Did Ivo have anything to do with this?

I have a freind with a old school twin engine hanging on his shop wall!?!?

Attached Files:

4. chopo

chopo

holy crap!

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

I don't know the history on that one, but I'm pretty sure Ivo didn't build it. He wasn't the only one to do multi-engine cars, and twin engine karts were common... so a quad engine kart isn't out of the question... but totally badass. If you search Youtube there are some videos of that kart running.

We will be making some announcements tomorrow. Stay tuned!

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

I posted the rules on the website

http://www.whiteknucklescramble.com

There may be some minor tweaks as we go along, but this should be sufficient to get you started on your winter builds.

We are starting this event from scratch, so we're going to need some help to make this happen. Remember, there are few places around that will give vintage go karts a full day on a track, and NO PLACE that will allow minibikes to run (legally). Believe me, I've talked to a lot of places! Racing costs money... but a lot less than drag racing!! :D

Hopefully in a week or so we'll launch our sponsorship drive. Expect some great limited-edition incentives available only to sponsors, like White Knuckle Scramble scratch & sniff stickers (scent to be determined), event passes, patches, t-shirts, and posters with art by Greg Araya and Anthony Wislar. Anthony is my brother, and does some really cool stuff. Greg is a friend and animator/storyboard artist who has worked for the Cartoon Network, Warner Bros, Nickelodeon and Disney. He is responsible for our logo.

[​IMG]

Here's a bit of Greg's animation that you might enjoy. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A0hFENR-g5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

the villains at the end of the cartoon reminded me of something from the mind of Roth!
    Complete with M30 helmets and flys buzzing around.
    Loved it.
    We are anxiously awaiting the DATE!

8. von zipper

von zipper

So,this ones OK right? No transmission!!!!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353557323.308300.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353557341.076719.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353557368.482613.jpg

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

That looks modern to me. Give me some details... Especially on the engine. That thing is crazy!

10. von zipper

von zipper

Jet powered! It was on EBay.

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

Jet-powered?! I bet that thing is scary fun to drive! I don't think it could handle the turns at our event, but you should take it to the Meltdown Drags in July! There was an article in TRK about a guy who used to build jet karts, and beat cars at the dragstrip.

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

I just wanted to let you know that we're still trying to make the White Knuckle Scramble happen. Racing (and track rentals!) cost money... a lot of money... so we're having a good, old-fashioned fundraiser to get this thing off the ground.

Sunday, February 17.
    2-7pm
    VFW Post 2378
    1529 South Harlem Ave
    Berwyn, IL

$20 (remember, it's a fundraiser!)

We'll have a minibike, go kart, and small engine parts swap meet, a silent auction, a "not your neighbor's yard sale" vintage yard sale, pot luck dinner, vintage movies and, of course, beer.

If you want to sell at the swap meet, there is no extra charge beyond the entry fee, but we ask that you confine everything to the size of a card table. Any bigger things (e.g., frames) can stay in your car.

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

14. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Looking forward to it. Now i just have to get another one built! Haha, thanks for the pics above, i'm pretty sure those are going to haunt me for a long time. :D

15. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

lowpunk,,,i saw the gold bike last night at larrys,,,it looked great,,,

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

17. Wonder if I can make it from 55th and La Grange Rd to the Berwyn VFW hall in the go kart without getting caught? We'll see.:D

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'd be more worried about how far you could make it without getting run over...

19. seatex

seatex

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

The fundraiser is coming up soon! I'm going to start posting pics of some of the items we'll have in the silent auction.

First, is a brand new Biltwell helmet flaked and candied by Gary Childers/GCKustoms. The back says "Mama Tried". Being a 3/4 helmet you wouldn't be able to wear this at the Scramble, but you could on a motorcycle.

It is being modeled by the lovely Ms. Virginia.

[​IMG]

21. a bunch of us northern illinois yahoos are making ice racing carts so i think i can just change the tires and be race ready
    tk

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

Now that's something I'd like to see! Where are you racing?

23. I wish I could attend the fundraiser to help you guys out, but is there a way to send donations, like pay pal? My brother and I have mini bikes and would love to come race. His is a legit old school bike, but mines a wanna be, with an old honda engine.

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

Wow, that's cool 408! I ddin't want to make an issue about it on the HAMB, but yes, you can send a PayPal donation to [email protected]

25. lake marie in antioch illinois
    the guy that told me about it has been doing it a few years now
    mostly briggs
    pm me if you want his number
    tk
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  26. Hellfish

Hellfish

That's cool! What kind of kart is that?

27. crappy old yard cart that i modified the crap out of so i could fit lol
    tk

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'm going to have to stretch my Simplex kart about 8"

We sent 3 identical bottles to 3 different pinstripers and asked them to add a little color for the silent auction. The first one done was Chris50.

[​IMG]

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

Here's another piece for the silent auction

[​IMG]

30. Killer job Joe!