Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Video: Hot Rod Drags at Riverside 1965

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Great old film covering the Hot Rod Magazine drags at Riverside in 1965. Very high production values, nice color, narrated by the young Dick Enberg. All the early stars with their magnificent cars: Tony Nancy, Ed the Ace, Prudhomme and McEwen. Super film, don't miss!

LINK:

Video: 1965 Drag Racing Documentary--The Hot Rod Story

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  2. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Did not work for me!
    KK

3. This should work. HRP

4. blackout

blackout

I think that is our own Dean Lowe's B/SR champ RPU being pushed onto the scales at 16 mins, 29 secs into the film. Great film.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

6. PVTA Jay

PVTA Jay

A lot of cars and people I remember, including Chuck standing there talking with Wally. Really unusual seeing the Starlite running without the nose, can't remember him ever running that way. I missed that meet, was in USN at the time

7. Yes, it is. Note all the help from the crew.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You know, if you could go back in time and told those guys that a Top Fuel digger would, one day, cover the quarter in 3 seconds..... they'd swear you were crazy. That's one reason why it's cool being a little older. You can appreciate where all this stuff started or, in my case, saw it progress. Mind boggling, if you sit and ponder it.

9. Fixed now - thanks for the heads up!

10. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Thanks Bill, very entertaining!
    Wow, have times changed!
    KK

11. My pleasure, thanks for watching. Lots of great old-school type cars here.

12. Thanks for the link! Great video!

13. I thought it was interesting how the film avoided stockers and new-wave style cars and focused on the traditional in 1965.