Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Unearthed: 32 3 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tyeager760, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Amazing man! Congrats!
    Glad it all worked out

2. I dig those panel trucks.

3. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Who looks like a dumb ass now?

Jimmy B likes this.
  4. Happy for you and it must have meant to be.......................... COOL !! JW

5. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Congrats, looks like a great car!

6. coast40

coast40

Congratulations! She's beautiful! You had us scared.

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

AWESOME I AM GLAD IT WORKED OUT FOR YOU. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO BUILD YOUR DREAM CAR AT 19 THEN BY ALL ACCOUNTS YOU WILL HAVE PEAKED. BUT THEN AGAIN A LOT OF US PEAKED AT 19 :)

GET TO SPINNING THOSE WRENCHES

8. 56shoebox said:
    "Close this thread and delete. The originator is a dumb ass."

Nobody really. The poster left everyone hanging for over a week. It's happened many times before where they didn't get the car so...I don't blame him. I'm glad he got the car.

9. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Left everybody hanging?
    I don,t think so,As I said before maybe he has a life off the computer
    By the way,great car and a great story,Hope he enjoys it

10. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Glad you were able to get the car and glad the seller stuck to the deal, even though he had a better offer on the table. Make him glad he did. :)

11. Phastphil

Phastphil

42 years ago I backed my '32 5 window out of a shed in in my home town where it had been sitting for years, paid $500 cash and drove it home. I still have the car, two years ago I bumped into the guy I bought it from, and, all three of us are still going, altho maybe not quite as fast as we used to! Never took any pictures cuz I sold my China Beach PX Canon camera to partially pay for the car. I did take the seller for a ride at cruise night a year ago........ The point, (where was I going with this?), KEEP THE CAR!!!!!!!

volvobrynk and enloe like this.
  12. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

ATTABOY! Also, an ATTADAD! is earned as well!
    Good luck with your car and your Dad as well.

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

hell ya nice find... great story..

14. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Great score young Sir.Looks to be in excellent shape for 50 yrs of Mother Natures
    not so kind care.Please keep us up to date on the build.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

15. [​IMG] The best thread on the HAMB this year! Congratulations on finding the car that has been our passion (actually our addiction) since we knew what a hot rod was. I hope that 60 years from now this story will be replayed with you passing the coupe onto another young man with the dream of owning a Deuce 3W. There is something about a Deuce that makes these stories common. I know of a lot of Deuce owners that have owned the first one they ever owned, many for 50 to 60 years, and I'm hoping you will be one of those. The longest one I know of is Bernie Couch, one of our members, who we gave the Midwest Deuces "Outstanding Deuce Award" at the LARS. Bernie has owned his Deuce roadster for 74 years! Bernie's brother Maurie helped him purchase his roadster in 1940 when he was just 16 years old. He built the engine himself and drove it all through high school until he went off to serve in the Navy during WWII. Following the war Bernie felt the "need for speed" and raced at the dry lakes with many of his post war buddies. He raced the car from 1947 to 1951, while still using it as daily transportation.
    He pulled the engine out in 1951 and the car sat until 1985 while he raised his kids and tended to his printing business in Fullerton. In the mid 80's he started working on it again and got it back on the road. He has driven the roadster every year since, while attending many shows and road trips throughout southern California. He recently turned 90 and is still driving the car. A true testimonial to the term "Hot Rodder" and an inspiration to those of us that love Deuces and hot rodding.

And for those cynical naysayers that "called bullshit on this one" or said "Close this thread and delete. The originator is a dumb ass", I would suggest you get a life of your own and find a new hobby, like maybe playing video games.

16. racer_dave

racer_dave

scooterville- "I call BS on this one. He's been online today but hasn't posted any updates about it since Sunday." or not... As soon as he had more info, he posted it.

56shoebox- "Close this thread and delete. The originator is a dumb ass." I guess it's time to post an apology??? And dumbass or not at least he didn't call someone out and get faced for it.

I can't wait to see where the build goes. subscribed.

17. 562roadster

562roadster

Awesome! Glad it all worked out for you. Keep us posted on the build.

18. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

congrats! looks like a really neat car! What are your plans for it?

19. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Wow, you own the Holy grail of hotrodding at age 19, sorry to tell you but life is all down hill from here, HAHA!! just kidding,

I have had mine for 8 years and I will be lucky to drive mine by the time I am 40 !! Congrats young man you are very lucky!

Markmonty likes this.
  20. coast40

coast40

Window mouldings- I saw the passenger and rear in the pics. GOLD!
    Dash and glovebox lid- yes! GOLD!

21. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Awesome, congrats on your find you scored big!

Looking forward to seeing updates.

22. 4thhorseman

4thhorseman
    from SW Desert

Best! Good luck on the build!

23. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

great story! lucky doesnt describe it! congrats, will be a great build thread coming!

24. Amazing Find! I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

What a great thread, great find, and a lot off good advice. This deal was ment to be, the seller sounds like a real stand up guy, hope you keep him updated with the progress. Bet that Coupe in enjoying the inside storage after years of sunshine. Bob

26. coast40

coast40

ADeuceDay 043_jpg.jpg That's it! The Last Barn Find 32 3 window. You can stop looking, They have all been found. Forward all tips and rumors to me.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

DAMN THE LUCK!!!!! nice score. unreal!!! love it! keep the pics coming

28. Great find! Congratulations!

29. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Awesome find and at the ripe old age of 19!

30. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Very nice score, glad it all worked out!
    Congrats.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!