Register now to get rid of these ads!

un normal UTE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twenty gallons, Jun 28, 2013.

1. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

one more pic, Yes, the rear window will go up about 1 1/2 inches

Attached Files:

2. I would like to see the front fender bottoms pulled in with canted quad headlights

3. And yes it is way cool !

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Awesome, actually looks like a factory conversion and in proportion.

5. Babyearl

Babyearl

I had to go back and read the 4 door gasser post to understand what was happening here,, now I am really confused,, I have to agree with flathead okie.

6. Babyearl

Babyearl

What he says,, X2

7. Nice work it looks great

8. olcarguy

olcarguy

You took someone's f***up and turned it into something to be proud of. Good on you....

9. ev88f

ev88f

X2 wtf was going On there

Nice to see some original thinking. Love the lines on this

10. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks Great Good Save.

11. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Looks good.

Here are some other panels that got their roof chopped off with perhaps less care and skill than you expressed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. Scumdog

Scumdog

The '53 - 54's had the smaller windows, I had a couple of '56, they looked the same shape as the '55 above and had the bigger rear windoe.

BTW: '56 was the last year of those type of utes, in '57 the first Rancheros appeared.

13. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Here's another "ute" cut down from a Carryall.

[​IMG]

14. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

And, finally, a completely opposite approach: graft a different panel van body on top of an existing Carryall. Can't figure this one out. Don't know if the carryall was damaged, too small, or just not funny-looking enough to satisfy the creators of this hybrid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Wait, here's one more. Somewhere, there's a white Dodge panel van that has turned convertible. Convervation of mass dictates that these discarded panel van roofs have to go somewhere. This one ended up on a sweet little CJ6.

[​IMG]

16. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

18. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Great looking custom. Wish I'd thought of that, buddy of mine had a panel like that a while back.

19. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Don't forget the dog in the back!BTW, nice job!

20. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

FINALLY figured out how to load my pics....

SO,.. 6" top chop, 3" body section, 60 Starliner Grille and headlights, with the front fenders tilted in, Flaming river steering column with a 60 Starliner wheel, Suicide doors, tilt front end, Front of the wheel wells was shortened 3" wheel well itself was shortened 1" and the hood was shortened 4" which allowed me to create a pair of "gills"
    reason for this was because with the body section and chopped top the distance in front of the front wheel wells looked awkward, so I fixed it.
    Air ride on the front and triangulated 4 bar for the 9" rear end, (when the kit gets here) Used 60 starliner tailight lenses in handmade cans laid verticle for taillights, the rear window WAS raised as suggested earlier. motor is supposed to be a 401 Buick nailhead with tri power and a slush box trans.
    ( I will believe that when it happens.) Otherwise a 425 Cadillac which is in hand.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  21. oldcarsmell

oldcarsmell

Wow. I am impressed.

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I would shorten the rear fenders and bed some. like the concept

23. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

Just a thought.....Have you tried turning the grille upside down, the shape of
    the bottom, looks like it might be a better fit then the top...OR....get a 59 Ford
    F100 grille and cut 18" out of the center....they look cool in this nose...I LOVE
    YOUR TRUCK....Dare to Be DIFFERENT !!!!!

24. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

I don't know about the f100 grille but this on is a perfect fit now and turning it upside down just would not fit in any way, tried it, besides we have a local glassblower making us something "special for the little gap over the center/top of the grill
    Thanks for all the positiveness here.....

25. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

Can't wait to see the next stage

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Totally liking this one. Just one thing that really stands out to me. The roof needs to be wedged or something along those line's. It has a big forehead look from the front and the roof profile doesn't go with all the nose work that's been done. But hey, that's just me. Still very cool idea and it's coming along well.

27. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Extremely unique...yet it doesn't look weird. That's an accomplishment...lol.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. Definitely one of a kind. Good job.

28. Great vision! I'll be watching this one. I would take a little out of the roof skin.

29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Tinbender, you said it better than I with less word's. Are you referring to the area above the gutter line?

30. Yeah, looks a little thick above the gutter. Doesn't need much, but an inch maybe 1&1/2" Meant as constructive, I really like this custom!