Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods turtle deck T's with cycle fenders, lets see 'em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falcongeorge, Jun 12, 2012.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Looking for pics of turtle deck T's with cycle fenders, roadsters, coupesters, hell, lets even see coupes if you have them. Period photos preferred, but all are welcome, lets see what you have.

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ok, I'll start it off. Heres one of my favs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Just a rendering ....

[​IMG]

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

^^Oh BABY! Thats pretty much what I am visualizing as the finished product, except a full hood cut for the headers, hairpins with the spring mounted to the batwings ala Doane Duece, and the grill shell in front of the axle. Is this something you are building?
    Man, THAT is swank!

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The rear fenders are bang on the money, I was thinking to cut the trailing edge of the fronts even with the spindle line, so they would visually line up with the trailing edge of the rears. MAN, that looks good!

6. slick a&t

slick a&t

One of my favorites is Gary Helikers Buick powered T.

Attached Files:

7. What about the black widow?

8. slick a&t

slick a&t

Here's another one.

Attached Files:

9. I think I want something more like this...someday..

[​IMG]

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

Cool! I can't wait to see this thread develop.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have been looking at that car quite a bit as well, trying to place what the rear fenders started life as. Think he might have made them. It has a lot of the elements I have been visualizing. I am planning on a dropped I beam, rather than the bulldog perch and V-8 60 axle (Yea, I WISH) to get the car down, but other than that, the front-end treatment on this car is very close to what I have in mind. The ride hieght is just about on the money, and I think its a must that the rear fenders dont stick up above the curve of the deck line, or the look will not be right for what I have in mind. I didnt have much time last night, once we hit the weekend, I will post a bunch of pics of the cars I have already been looking at. But man, that drawing you posted is REAL close to what I have been visualizing. I will be starting with a T coupe body, so Adereggs car naturally figures into things as well.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have the Hot Rod article on Helikers car, but not the R&C. Nice, thanks for posting that. Glad to see this thread gathering some momentum now.

13. slick a&t

slick a&t

Here's one more.

Attached Files:

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Wow, I like that, other than that the rear fenders are a little too short for my tastes. VERY cool, nonetheless, thanks for posting that one.