Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Turning a "Rat Rod" :( into a Hot Rod :)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DirtyWoody28, Feb 20, 2010.

1. roddinron

roddinron

Damn, you did learn well Grasshopper, as soon as we brand your fore arms, you may leave the temple. This should help you to get these references. :)

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-h2GOmeHouw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

2. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

ron,

hahahahahahah Thanks for the enlightenment, that looked like a neo-nazi skinhead training camp lol, and I think I could see david cardine in the background hanging himself.... hahaha
    I will shave my head tonight j/k :)

3. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

This is a cool and unique project.

The fact that you're transmorgrifying it from a RR is just icing on the proverbial cake.

4. cant wait to see the body

5. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I applaud your efforts. Keep it up!

6. Well said . I like to maintain a rat and rice free diet too.

These rat things are no more than cartoon caricatures. That's where they belong' on the pages of a comic book.

I like what you are doing to rehabilitate that rodent. Looks like a full recovery some time soon. Good luck.

7. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

people try to correct me when i tell them im workin on a hot rod! they say " oh you mean a rat rod" eff you! as they get back in there dang civic

8. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Kind of like how everybody lumps in the serious import cars with "ricers"... i.e. pretty wicked Supras, Datsun/Nissan Z Cars, and wild Mazda rotary cars...vs. trashed out Civics with fart cans and shitty paint jobs.... Ricers are the Rat Rods of the import world...

I'd kill for a built 1st or second gen supra, just like a kill for a period correct '29 A Tudor w/ a built 303 Rocket... But a frame laying overly chopped and channeld smog powered A sedan, or a fart can equipped Toyota Tercel not so much..

9. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

WOODY...I passed over your thread a dozen times, no shit because i hate ratrods. but son you have my admiration. i did the cold weather stuff when i was 16 yrs. old. so i can truely appreciate your hardship. welcome to h.a.m.b. my friend, you sir. have earned your stripes...POP.

10. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

We all gotta start somewhere... you found your way to the light, now spread the Gospel!!!

11. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

I hear ya on that, my friend (who I can't seem to convert) has a civic, now it is a civic, but its like 600 hp and looks completely stock. I can respect that, at least he dosn't have some dumb ass wing on it and a stock engine. The funny thing is, he has blown the motor up 3 times. I keep telling him I have a Hemi in the garage that he can build and won't have that problem lol.

12. davis574ord

davis574ord

Your a fuckin diehard dude good for you somebody has to be i cant take the cold anymore too many screws and plates in my ankles and hips power on cowboy!

13. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

dumb question. were the late 20's woodies all wood or did they have steel frames? keep pounding on that hot rod.

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I got enough snow growing up in northeast Ohio, we used to go out and work on cars in the snow because we HAD to, usually need a tetanus shot later too because of all the rust. That takes balls to do that, I'm down here in the deep south now, and i've seen enough snow growing up to last a lifetime. Left turn thank you for the post, I understand you completly, I have a 25 year old import myself and it's no civic, the community I belong to hates fart cans and big wings too. I understand the rat rod thing completly, people giving the hobby a bad name, I get the same thing, just because I drive an old import the cops hate me. I drive reasonable and don't act like an iidiot but the returds get everyone profiled.
    the idiots driving around in these falling apart POS's give everyone a bad name. some people just don't take pride in what they build.

15. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

kinda reminds me of this

Attached Files:

16. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

model a "woody" station wagons, and hucksters were all wood bodies, except the cowl.

17. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

That's what I thought. Thanks!

18. Racewriter

Racewriter

Loving this thread. Every time I see a 'rat rod,' I always think that it could be pretty cool if you un-fucked it. Cool to see one having it done.

19. 392

traditional? i love it

20. 392

notes?

21. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Tiz a good ting you done, mon!

Hopefully, this will start a trend!

22. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Stick with it, man. I used to work in the snow all the time and I don't miss that shit at all.

23. HotRod33

HotRod33

Are you building a new body for it or are you using part of the old other than the cowl....?

24. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

Whole new body, I've got some of the framework, and panels already done. I'll probably be posting pics this week... It looks awsome, I really impressed myself with with the shape. I hope to take it for a test drive by the middle of next week.

25. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

HEY WOODY...I knew a guy who ran C/GAS against me in 1964, and asked him why people call him woody. well he said, because i have a permimant HARDON! creepers i never ask him another question in 5 yrs....POP.

26. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

heres the wood, less chop, more curves. it is by no means done, lots of stain, trim and gloss to come!!!!!

Attached Files:

27. Hmm....not seeing any doors!!! Cut in later?

28. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

more wood

Attached Files:

29. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

yeah im gonna put in all the bracing and support before i cut the doors

30. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

more!!!

Attached Files: