Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Truck into a coupe- My next pet project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Dec 9, 2013.

1. brady1929

brady1929

i was thinking something like this:
    [​IMG]

stole the pic from another thread.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Bodywork looks good, I haven't stopped in to visit the project in a while. CORD came to mind on the split window discussion, found this photo to add to the confusion. Bob

[​IMG]

3. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, 31V;
    I'll get to it soon, but some outside stuff has to get done, & quick-like. We're supposed to get creamed w/the white miserable shit from hell on Sun evening->Tues am. They're saying ~13", & very wet at that... ;( . I hate snow...
    Marcus...

4. loudbang

loudbang

I like the last version of split that is prior to the no window look.

5. How about a post # and photo #

6. VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. Still no takers ?

8. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

Just run the split. If you hate it, it's only metal and paint!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. have you thought about three rear windows, a center traditional [but narrower] shaped center window with two tear dropped shaped windows next to it? i can't do a photoshop of what i am thinking of.

10. loudbang

loudbang

This one with the straight bottom.

[​IMG]

VANDENPLAS and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

12. Yikes, a picture co-op offer? Cool man. My contribution may well look like my thumb. Your eye is better then mine. I like this picture....

[​IMG]

.... but I also think a slot style following the rear contours would look good too. Like a slot with rounded upper corners....opening to a longer bottom width....just enough to visually follow the rear roof sight silhouette. A phantom-esque rear feel.....since this car is '34 Ford inspired.....like a breath's worth.

Split, or slot. I can't wait until your hammers fly. It's gonna' be epic !

EDIT: can't tell that a razor and frame was moved from your picture....but I popped the frame out maybe 1/5 th wider, and kept your split as well. Right side angle didn't help, but left side looks good. WISH I COULD PHOTOSHOP. Makes you want to buy the program though. Was trying to marry both a slot and split.

AAAA12.jpg

All that work, and it looks the damn same.....oh well....at least I have a paper copy of your coupe here. My daughter will love my new paper airplane !! Oh well...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  13. 36fordbackwindow1.jpg 36fordbackwindowinside.jpg 36fordbackwindow.jpg
    These are the photos I took. this morning..sorry I couldn't get it down from the rafters as I had my good work clothes on at the time. Let me know if you need more photos. I can trim it up for a better shipping price if needed. PM me if you want it.
    Rocky

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  14. glrbird

glrbird

34 b001.jpg I dont know anything, but wanted to play too.

15. I've been following the stuff Moose has done for you on the Photoshop thread and one you haven't done yet (that I can find) is the '55 Chevy marker light profile (either the big end or the little end) duplicated as a split window profile, i.e. continuous radius top, taper to the outside, continuous long radius bottom and continuous short radius outside corners. If you copied the little ends you'd have more of a "mail slot" hard chop look, the big end would be close to what you've been doing, but a little different.

16. image.jpg
    I went to see the wizard of OZ
    He showed me a 37 Chevy ute

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I have to admit, I printed out your grid and played with it. :)
    I came up with nothing :oops: Nada, zilch :D
    At least nothing I thought looked right on the flat sheet of paper.
    For me it would probably be easier to stand there at the car and work with actual metal even though I would probably fill another scrap bucket before I was happy :D
    And I still think I would lean toward the traditional slot style window, probably tweaked a little ;)
    I'll be watching :)
    Larry

18. These pix should get bigger if you click on them
    image.jpg image.jpg
    I'm not sure, but I think the 55 marker lights have too much profile in the bezels to mount on the tail pan. But I do love shape of them

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  19. Is it too late to make it a roadster ?? o_O ;)

20. I assure you that paper, sharpies, and cardboard is easier than metal.
    Standing at the car is not that easy either. Actually I have the tablet with photos at the bench for much of it.

You couldn't even get a slot on the paper? :eek:

My girl and my mom like the single window. My gear head buddies like the split window.
    My guru mentors like the looks of split but then they say to me "well what fucking year is this thing? You're confusing years front to back but it's still believable because it flows really well"

So that's the issue I believe, not meaning the expected. the grill sets precedent as 1933 from one end - the front. the rear windows set a later year that is if you want to follow some sort of rules. I see no need to start following rules at this point.

I'm thinking about how to make headlight buckets that utilize a 37-39 ford lens and bezel image.jpg

Or possibly blending parts of a 37 fender into a 33/34 inner fender for headlights. image.jpg

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  21. Lol , you making fun ? :)
    Just because I gave up measuring convertible tops doesn't mean I can't start again.

22. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Now those look pretty good on that car, not sure if they would look as good on yours, but they are a possibility IMHO, FWIW

23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Actually all my working life my strength in fabrication has been my ability to build things from what I envision in my head.
    Ideas that percolate there and get influenced at times from things I see.
    An example is my RPU that I'm presently building.
    It has been bouncing around in my head for 30 years or so and is just now finding it's way out. :)
    None of it was ever put on paper and I have not been working from any kind of drawing or spec sheet.
    The ability to put it on paper is something else again :)
    I can make great isometric drawings and working from blueprints is easy.
    As I said, I'll be watching :)

31Vicky with a hemi and loudbang like this.
  24. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Greetings hemi!...my two cents on the rear window...your obviously outstanding work so much resembles a 34 five window if you don't closely duplicate the 34 ford window I don't think you will ever look at your car and be satisfied.....keep chopping and welding man it's a great build to watch!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

I think that would look killer on your car! I really think your car would look best with a split window, and that is the best looking one that's been presented thus far.

26. After all this work....I can't wait to see what you come up with. Sure you will form several iterations, and may have already....for all we know.

I check on this thread with every update.....needless to say....it is definitely the more fun reads here. Makes me "think I can" all over the place. As a matter of fact, I may well skip down the sidewalk shortly......

27. Video please

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. glrbird

glrbird

My guru mentors like the looks of split but then they say to me "well what fucking year is this thing? You're confusing years front to back but it's still believable because it flows really well"
    I think your friends are not remembering that if its not a factory restoration, it is up to the owner as to what goes on the car. The paint guys that started the project were building a custom, different body parts joined to make something different, you have continued this and it cant be put into a year catagory, I guess its a hybred of sorts, not traditional, not custom, Both., but very cool.

29. Hey Vicky.....just checking in on 'ya. It's cold......make sure the wifey keeps you covered up there in Cleve-town. A bit of agave nectar on standby for body antifreeze. Looks like a bigger storm coming......a metal storm......exciting........can't wait to see what ya' got cookin'.

On a side note......this part of my post has now been edited. :) Today is a good day for tin bashers everywhere! I like it !!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  30. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

English Gent got blindsided, it sucks because it doesn't appear to be anything he did that got it censored, instead a couple of others posting on his thread and it absolutely was a very interesting thread that I was happily following closely.
    :(:mad::(:oops: