Register now to get rid of these ads!

troubles responding

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Flatblack 31, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

why on my PC and my iPhone app does it say "insufficient privileges to respond" to everything ? I am an alliance member, I have seen responses by FNG's..... whats the rub?

2. If you are trying to respond to a classified ad, no one can. Use the "start a conversation" tab

3. As Bill alluded too, you can't reply to classifieds but I have discovered that often times I see "Insufficient privileges to respond" in connection with a thread.

Look at the bottom and to the right of the thread and chances are you will see that particular thread has been locked. HRP

4. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

Cool...... Thanks for the help Bill and HRP!

5. ssrodder

ssrodder
    from NE PA

Still trying to respond to classified ads. Went to start a conversation page, but cannot find a way to send. Why is this so difficul?. What was wrong with PM. Parts for sale was the first thing I looked at every morning. You can kiss my membership goodby next year!!!

6. Sounds a little drastic since you have been a member since 2006.

Honestly,it's pretty simple after you have done it a time or two.

This is the tutorial Ryan posted on how to use it. HRP

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/new-feature-private-conversations-replace-private-messa

7. After re-reading your thread i think the only thing your missing is not clicking on the blue box at the bottom that says start a conversation..it's basically a send button. HRP

8. When you are done typing your message to the seller, click on the BLUE "start a conversation" tab at the bottom. This will send the message to the seller. This Button is the same as send, a little confusing at first but like everything else, you will get used to it.

EDIT: Wow HRP Great minds think alike & type at the same time to....You type a little faster:D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  9. Remember the old adage Bill,If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. :D HRP