Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage TROG DELAYED - What to do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

TROG DELAYED - What to do?

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

If I had a way to get there, you'd have me sold on being there next weekend!

3. aonemarine

aonemarine
    from Delaware

I dont want o be the glass is half empty guy, but if this storm is as bad as they are predicting, and if it does hit the east coast, the there may not even be a beach to run on until next year.
    This is a shot of beach yesterday...
    [​IMG]

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wow... I know those guys have been out there the past week busting ass on the stands, the booths, and all of the other hand made shit they build... Anyone know where they stashed all of that stuff?

5. That's not the Wildwood beach, what beach is it?

62hotcat likes this.
  6. Yeah Wildwood's beach is HUGE. I thought I was gonna DIE walking from the boardwalk to the waters edge last couple of years!:rolleyes: :)

[​IMG]

7. aonemarine

aonemarine
    from Delaware

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  8. If you live near there, you should consider going over early next week/weekend and help them guys clean all the crap off the beach. There will be all sorts of stuff deposited by the hurricane. Might make the difference in how everything works out.

9. It sucks to be an independent business and have to eat something like this. I get that. It's pretty short-sighted of any hotel to not to play along, knowing that this event is getting more popular every year and, well, there this thing called the internet. The bad hotels will get slammed, the good ones will get praised. I changed my reservation at the Sea Gull and they were totally cool about it. Didn't charge anything extra.

Now I've got a week's vacation and a tankful of gas. Where to for a few days?

kiwijeff likes this.
  10. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad I live somewhat local so the push back by a week isn't too bad. The hotels have been trying to work with us so far, just nothing confirmed in stone just yet. I will find out today.

If anyone is in the area and needs a place to stash things I am about 1.5 hrs north. No room in garage for another car but could squeeze in a bike. You can leave your trailer in my driveway and stash parts/tools in the garage.

With the extra week, I plan to head to Hershey swap next Thursday morning and then head down to Wildwood Thursday night. Might grab a few last minute go fast parts. Going to be a great weekend and I hope most people can make it. I've been to every one and will never miss it.

11. aonemarine

aonemarine
    from Delaware

12. Ocean City is the best family-focused boardwalk and worth spending an evening at, Go to Mike's on the bay in Sea Isle for a GREAT dinner, and take a day to go into Philadelphia- history, diverse culture, great food, and the Simeone Museum is a MUST (not far from the airport) :)

13. I would think, and this is only a guess, that the hotels that Mel and his group use will be on board for making changes, but many other hotels in WW want to bill you right away, some for the whole weekend, and others for just the first night. The hotel I was booked at kept my first nights deposit, but I took Ryan's advise and called my credit card and they refunded that amount. So it's all good. Thanks Ryan!

Malcolm and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Wanted: Cat Sitter Oct. 9th-12th
    Fully stocked fridge and bar
    Cat must approve background check

15. brady1929

brady1929

My gawd Larry, you are funny!

pitman, lothiandon1940 and 3wLarry like this.
  16. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Larry, you don't need to sit cats, just put out food and water and leave. Oh and check your shoes for cat shit when you get home. Just sayin'.

17. aonemarine

aonemarine
    from Delaware

They have some serious equipment for putting the beach back together. Big sand sifting machines and huge dozers.
    They wont have any trouble cleaning up if they don't loose too much sand in the storm.
    Its still real early to say what is going to happen. So far this thing seems to just want to sit down there in the Bahamas. Maybe we will get lucky and it will just blow out to sea....Fingers crossed....

Malcolm and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. banjorear

banjorear

Most recent report says we may be OK. That said, if you guys do come out, head west about 2.5 hours and hit Hershey.

19. The Blue Palms, which is the sister hotel to the Starlux (which is the host hotel) has been giving a lot of push back. Waiting for the general manager to call me back. If that doesn't fly, then I'll be calling my credit card company. Not sure if they can do anything though, as I reserved my room 8 months or so ago.

20. Got mine changed to next weekend at the Quebec, no problem what so ever. They were real cool about it. Now if only the A speedster was done and coming with....

21. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I'm thankful that Small Town Brewery (sponsor of TROG) was able and willing to move our flights and hotel reservations to next weekend. I'm hoping the storm stays at sea and the east coast can, for the most part, remain unharmed!

See ya out there next weekend.

lothiandon1940 and OL 55 like this.

22. The Blue Palms is a good place to stay, but they did charge me for the whole weekend in advance when I booked there the last two years. Of course that wasn't a problem because we had no hurricanes! Seems like many hotels in WW operate that way. I think it's bullshit, but what are you gonna do?

23. Strange. I stayed at the Blue Palms two years ago, and the Starlux last year. Both hotels only charged me a 1 night deposit up front, with the balance charged on check out...

24. Rand Man

Rand Man

Reminds me of the time I ended-up in Ocean City on a holiday weekend. No hotel rooms, so me and a girl pitched a tent on the beach. About 4:00 AM, here come the beach graders, barely missed our bare asses. Not car-related, but a good time anyway.

Good luck with the race, Gentlemen.

25. Wildwood beaches are pretty safe, it's alot of the other near by beaches that get hammered and all their sand ends up on Wildwoods beaches. That's why Wildwood beaches are so friggin' long. :)

26. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

The Stardust changed my reservation, no problem at all. I spoke to a friend of the family who runs a hotel and he said the same thing as Ryan posted.

I'm really looking forward to next weekend now!

As long as there is still beer in Wildwood after a week of the Oilers in town......

27. If all the beer is gone come Ddf ind me...my 51 trunk will be stocked to capacity with beer and shine...

tikiwagon13 likes this.
  28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

don't just focus on rain from hurricane, lots of rain coming up the East coast too from inland

29. HD Driver

HD Driver

We have two cats, when we go away for a few days, I just give them my American Express card, and there ok with that!

30. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

We re-booked @ Le Voyageur no problem @ all. Cannot wait till next weekend.