Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional Lowriding Magazine out.....Butt, lownslow???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Radshit, Jun 14, 2006.

1. 1LOWCHIEF

1LOWCHIEF

Is that a chopped Pontiac wagon? i would love to see some more/better/bigger pics of that thing.

2. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

yes, thee ORIGINAL Gypsy Rose was a 63,,my dad was in the club back at that time,,,, (the Imperials)

if i remeber corectly,i think he said it was a gang or a rival car club ,who took base ball bats to it....

3. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

Gypsy rose-

I saw it Memorial weekend at the parkon my street (ha, ha for those of you that bitch about LA) That car rules. . those roses are so loose and hand painted but really nicely done . . I can't think of another car that is painted in such a purely artistic way.

Now murals are all "realistic" style airbrush. . gansters, money, nudes, etc. . . I dig that stuff too but gypsy rose is something else.

4. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

reynolds

still working on the site, but we will have back issues available. i posted the cover of the issue out, the one with the 59 impala.

Gypsy Rose has been done in two versions. The original was a 63, and the second was a 64. The original 63 was vandalized and pretty much destroyed by some f'd up haters. It is in our second issue in our lay out on the low rider exhibit in san diego

5. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

i have purchased the new magazine and i think its the best. move over LOWRIDER MAGAZINE here comes a real low low magazine.

6. lgh1157

lgh1157

I looked at the mag the other day, i like reading lowrider magazine, i can appreciate any car that someone has put there heart and soul into, whether its a 70's monte carlo or an old bomb, i thought that there might be some older pics though, maybe there is, i just flicked through one issue, either way its great to have alternative to LRM, i'd love seeing the old pics - thats all i really need.

Who built the gypsy rose ?

was it a club, shop or just a bunch of guys [ with supernatural powers :D ] ?

L

7. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

the spreads real and you see the detail in the cars. I build cars many lowriders,trucks & now my first bomb 54 chevy belair,and when your appears in a magazine there nothing more important then all the small details.it sucks when you pick up mag and they forget to show the details murals,upholstery,dash,engine details etc.

8. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

Thanks for noticing. As i write this we are conducting a photo shoot. We started at 9am and still here at 9:20 and not nearly done. We are picky people and these guys building these cars we are shooting put A LOT of work and money into their cars. So why not let everyone see the detailing they put into the car and allow them to have something they can mount on the wall. Not just one page or two pages, but 6-8 pages they can frame. Our throw-back stories are an honor to write, and these old school riders have been giving a lot of positive feed back and wanting similar articles done. give love, so you can get love back.

as far as gypsy rose goes, it was built by Jesse Valadez and his brother Armando. Jesse's son owns the car now. The car was done by the talented Walt Prey at his shop, Walt's Studio. The guy back in the day did everthing from paint to murals. The guy is a bad ass pin striper and still doing his thing today.

9. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

we will be answering a lot of these questions, and giving this type of information in coming issues.

10. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

I am gld to hear there is a real editor for this magazine one who listens to the people. I know the editor of lowrider at least i thought i did but his head got so big he does not even say hi. oh well .i wish luck with your magazine as i write this i am working on 60 impala convertible for a old LATIN LORD meber i myself am from NEW MOVMENT ELA.

11. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

the only way we can improve and keep people reading is to listen, good or bad. a few of us know the other editor as well, sorry to hear you dont get treated the way you should. 60 impala vert, sounds like something worth shooting :) Glad to hear about old schoolers still putting in work.

12. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

13. luckystiff

luckystiff

eric,
    looks like you guys are doing a great job with the mag. get the site hooked up for back issues man. my local newsstand sucks i pick stuff i can't get here up when i hit charlotte once or twice a month. gotta be able to grab those i miss. gota support those who support the good stuff and all. again man ever since we talked before i've been waiting to see it. good job...ken....

14. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

thanks ken, appreciate the support. Hope you liked the pictures of the "og style" 58s and the Rivi in the piece on Andy Lodi. Had some nice pictures of the old school set ups in his trunks. Yeah we need to get the site up, just waiting on a few things. I think people will enjoy the ideas we have coming up, a little something for everyone. Keeping it Real ALWAYS. how's the 64 coming along?

15. Cool! I just found it. For anyone in the PNW is interested, I found mine at Fred Meyers in Everett. Might be at other FM's too. Just thumbed through it so far. Pics look good :cool:

16. starion88esir

starion88esir

How can I get an issue? I haven't seen it in stores out here and I refuse to subscribe to a magazine I haven't seen.

17. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

do you have tower records there? they will order a copy in for you and I am sure the other book stores will too,like barnes and noble etc.
    some 7-11 stores have had it out here.

18. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

ANYONE????PLEASE!!!!

19. Eryk

Eryk

I'm going to the same spot where I bought a couple copies last time. I'll get you one if they still have any. I'll get back to you tomorrow afternoon.

20. starion88esir

starion88esir

No to Tower Records, no go on Barnes and Noble (they're not helpful) and 7-11 doesn't exsist out here anymore. At least not in my area.

21. Sorry Butt, I woulda grabbed ya one if I knew you still needed one. They had about 10 copies and they were tucked way in the back on the bottom shelf, so I think they'll be there for a bit.

22. JamesG

JamesG

That is this car done is a different paint job. I know where it currently is .......:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

23. lgh1157

lgh1157

Cahuenga and Hollywood news stand

L

24. Eryk

Eryk

I'll have to hit that one up. I found 2 copies at Ventura Blvd. and Laurel Canyon news stand.

25. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

i posted what the cover looks like on post #51 on page 3. its a black 59 impala. if you go to Tower Records they will have it on the computer, we checked yesterday. they are/will be a distributor. Glad to see it at Fred Meyers, that is a real hard place to get into. Also try Winco Foods, Rite-Aid, Sav-On. Its not at every store they have, only in places they think they might sell. lots of mom and pop liqour stores seem to have them. Everyone seems to be buying multiple issues. sometimes people buy 4 or more. We like that they sell, but sucks that others dont get to see it and/or purchase it. I think you guys will enjoy slight changes we are doing.

our PO BOX is
    160 w foothill pkwy ste 105-133
    corona, ca 92882

back issues are 7.95 shipped anywhere in the US
    8.95 to Canada
    takes about 2 weeks after receiving the money order, some get it in a week but 2 weeks is typical.

the first issue has two covers, they were posted in the topic. let us know which one you want or you can buy both.

we really do appreciate all the support.

26. JamesG

JamesG

My local Books-A-Million has it.

27. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

Keep posting where you guys find them, it helps us out a lot.

28. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

If you love lo's in my opion,,,this is a must have for the collection...I'm also trying to get some back issues of BLVD Magazine if anyone has them?....The stores around me were carrying them but didnt renew cause it wasnt a 'in demand' magazine & i missed some issues......I will be doing the same with this mag also cause i missed the 1st...
    I wish you guys the best and hope you are able to take it were you want!

29. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

thanks for the comliments, the back issues will be on the website as soon it gets up. distribution is increasing, so soon youll find it just about anywhere.

30. 1LOWCHIEF

1LOWCHIEF

Thanks for the pics... I'm loving that wagon!