Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Traditional '29 Model A Coupe Build up

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by höllenteufel, May 27, 2015.

1. FlatJan

FlatJan

Hey Teufel, kool car..keep on :)
    bin übrigens ca. 100km weit weg von dir und baue einen traditional 28 roadster. Evtl treffen wir uns mal?

2. höllenteufel

höllenteufel

Ah. Cool. Wo wohnst du denn? Treffen hört sich gut an. Bis du im flakes n primer auch?

3. FlatJan

FlatJan

in Nürnberg..sollte also gehen ;)

4. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Couldn't agree more...o_O:D

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  5. FlatJan

FlatJan

;)
    ok we'll stop that germany-stuff and continue in english.

6. KustomCandy

KustomCandy
    from Australia

English is good. Google translate is way slow. :)

Dan

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. Very cool, look forward to watching this come together.

8. Great Car / Project ! Thanks for sharing !

9. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

10. höllenteufel

höllenteufel

Thanks for the link. Already read some stuff in the banger meet. And just posted my questions bout the hop up.

11. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Hi,
    Get the winfield head(more compression) updraft carbs (2x81s or 97s )
    Better igniton
    And if you want to change the cam ....get one from sweden.
    Its three piece and modern design ( lift& duration)
    I wish a modern cam design would be availible for a v8 flathead...

12. SAM3 Customs

SAM3 Customs
    from Michigan

Check out Charlie Yapps "Secrets of Speed Society" and "Scalded Dog Speed Parts" (http://www.secretsofspeed.com/).
    He specializes in "A" and "B" hop-up goodies.

13. höllenteufel

höllenteufel

14. höllenteufel

höllenteufel

Hey folks. Been a while but the old lady is done to get it street legal in Germany. 16s are finally on and I think the stance turned out pretty good. Here is the difference of when I got it and how it looks now.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441049717.987768.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441049823.561096.jpg

Lion Head III ready arrived. The banger hop up will be done this winter.

15. A Boner

A Boner

These two pictures illustrate why antique automobiles should receive the hot rod touch!

Enviro-1 and FlatJan like this.
  16. CTAV8

CTAV8

It came out perfect and the stance looks great, Lukas. Our cars are distant cousins. JJ002.JPG

17. LOVE what you are doing.... PALEEASE don't chop it. (I know you won't anyway)

18. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

CHOP IT!

I kid I kid. Great looking coupe.

19. Really good looking coupe, nothing better than plenty of beer and a Model A!!

20. Congrats! Nice looking heap!

21. höllenteufel

höllenteufel

Thanks guys. And... It's done. Officially street legal. Now I just have to wait for the winter to be gone.
    Had to build fenders but the front ones can be taken away with 3 bolts. The rear ones with 4. This will happen as soon as I hit the streets in spring. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1450871517.607847.jpg

Jeff34, PONTNAK123, CTAV8 and 6 others like this.
  22. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Great look. I love unchopped banger highboys. I may be biased looking at my current build.

23. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Sweet car! And it looks like it has some nice company.

24. höllenteufel

höllenteufel

Yes, it had some nice company there. Unfortunately it's not my garage. It's of a friend of mine and it was there to get it street legal. So now it's on the street, there are some little updates. First of all i build shocks. I got some '39 chevy truck lovejoy front shocks of a friend and had luck to find some rear ones too for cheap money. Rebuilt them myself and found a nice way to fit them. In the front they sit on the upper side of the frame and go down to the wishbones. In the rear they sit on the side of the frame and wrap around the axle. They are working pretty good and the car drives so much better with it.

Next thing was to do something with the new chrome parts. A single fog light and the hub caps. It was all new chrome and didn't really fit the look of the car. So i got me some stuff to get rid of this shiny look. Black and brown shoe polish, old motor oil, hydrochloric acid, phosphoric acid and a torch. All that put together on different parts of the chrome with heat and a lot of bad smell turned out pretty good and the parts fit the look of the car now.

Cause there's not that much space to carry stuff and tools with you with a rumble seat I made a little tool box under the seat. Separated the pan where the seat sits with some wood, put felt mats on the floor and now I have enough space to carry most of the stuff I need "invisible" under my butt. Thought the tools would rattle a bit, but you hear nothing, of the tools, cause the banger is loud enough.

And not to forget... It's on the street right now, so I also had to drive that baby. I drove it about 1.000 miles till now. without any problems. Drives great with the original, not modified banger so far. Also speed is not an issue. It makes 60 miles measured with gps and a modern car.

Next thing is to hop up the model b banger I have at home. But I think I will throw that in the next winter and will drive the original engine this season.

Here are some pics for you guys. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg

catdad49, Jeff34, Dannerr and 4 others like this.
  25. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I am going to run a set of those shocks on my coupe also! Looks great.

26. GREAT lookin' car... love that you haven't chopped it... seems so much more "classic/classy" to not be chopped... but I kinda cringed at what you did to that perfectly good chrome/stainless.... oh dear......

27. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I love your car!

28. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Lookin" great!:cool::cool::cool: Like the color as well.

29. höllenteufel

höllenteufel

@ Binger: would be interesting how you will attach them. Also, contact me if you have questions about it.

Chrome and stainless are reproductions, so I didn't ruin nice NOS parts. But it was definitely necessary. The new shiny parts just didn't look right with the other old parts.

Thanks for the compliments. Also like the look of the early 30ies style with the classy touch. Thought about chopping and channeling first but I'm happy as it is now.

30. höllenteufel

höllenteufel

And some other nice ones in it's now Bavarian surroundings
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461084162.917630.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461084190.403001.jpg

catdad49, Jeff34, Dannerr and 2 others like this.