Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tips of Removing front seat on 51' Ford Shoebox

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Hashit51, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Hashit51

Hashit51

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the front seat by the bolts, not torched out. Anybody who has removed these seats please let me know, because I'm in a pickle with it.

2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I'd use a wrench personally. Probably a 9/16" but might be a 1/2"

uglysteve and 2racer like this.
  3. PB blaster if they're rusty

4. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Whats the problem?
    Remove the seat skirts,if you dont have a good access for the mounting bolts

5. vwdave30

vwdave30

Crawl under the car and remove the 2 wood screws that are run up thru the rusty floors into the 2x4 block of wood that the seat is bolted to.....thats how i removed the seat from my 50 ford lol

Thaplumbr likes this.
  6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First post and no intro?? Welcome.
    If it's the tudor car in your avatar , take the side skirts off the seat, pull the clip out of the centre seat pivot for the back rest. Removing both back rests is reallthe only way to get this heavy lump light enough to remove. The will be one bolt on each corner into a captive nut in the chassis.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you will never get those seats out by using a pickle.

66gmc likes this.
  8. Hashit51

Hashit51

Thanks eveybody who commented. I'm going to try out the tips that I got.

9. 51 Project 005.jpg I don't have any wood or wood screws in my 51. There are 4 3/8" studs in my frame coming up through the floor and nuts and washers on them holding my rails to the floor. A simple 9/16 socket and a 3/8" ratchet removes them very easily without removing the skirts or anything. Any time I need to work under the dash I take the seat loose and slide it back against the rear seat so I have plenty of room. It shouldn't be a big deal. You can see the factory studs and rubber spacers in this photo.
    The Wizzard

10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

He was kidding about the screws..My 51 did not have rubber blocks, the seat mounts were all so body mounts, 49 and 50 were not..