Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods They are STILL out there.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INVISIBLEKID, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Answered an add,that led me to a guy,that know's a guy...... Bla Bla Bla..... Turn's out= I can actually see his house from mine.... Like 50 yards from my house= like 6 door's down....... Would've never known! How crazy is that going off the web! After TWO truckloads of "stuff", I rolled it home today. The trailer would have been a P.I.A. by the time I got it,and did the loading deal....... SO- I pushed it around the block to my house. Luckily for me, the soccer mom's weren't invading the hood with the weekend play-:mad: (well,sometime's....;)) So NO traffic. Took all of 5 minuets! Spent all day building the puzzle without the box...... They are out there! You NEVER know!
    This one isn't staying , and is very nice, but , just couldn't say no!
    Sometimes,they're right under your nose,and you don't even know it!
    This was at 9:30 this morning,and just got done with todays assembly and sorting....
    Tomorrow's another day.....

Attached Files:

2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Nice find, late 31 pickup, August 1931 or later with steel top and indented firewall. Did you get a box and rear fenders with it?

3. Nice find and good detective work saving that great steel.

4. Everything but the box......(including rear fenders)(I got those) And I mean EVERYTHING........ + a ton of mis-matched year stuff.....Gotta sort through,but have identified mostly everything. Just a lot of mis-matched =28-31 stuff... but,the cab is complete with all the bell's and whistles...=stuff not re-pod'e...... And not a junker,or rust bucket. Has had a few repairs in it's time on earth, but one of the few,if not one of the better example's I've seen.
    I feel very fortunate for what I got........

5. nice find! good luck with it.

6. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Wide box rear fenders are hard to find.

7. So today was the actual "sorting day" Is this an actual thread? LOL! I filled my PU TWO times at his house with things.....Pre-curser= There was the 'engine',and "trans" stuff,there was the "sheetmetal stuff",then there was the "body/cab stuff"..... We all like stories,so here's one like we all have........
    It END'S with the right place,at the right time deal.......,but-......
    My neighbor- is up in the years..... He has been and done,and showed me pictures to back it up....
    Showed me pictures of his early Caddy's that he even towed back east,and took a first place in his class on the Caddy's anniversary...= Cool Stuff right there!
    He bought the truck as an "unfinished"/hobby/project........
    Time is having it's way,and a lil bit more of a bite than we all would like,so it was time to let go.
    He has the passion,just something of this magnitude isn't going to work out......
    He has his buddies.....Which might somewhat explain the different year stuff I got-The model A mix and match guys....
    He knew it was time...... I let him call his shot,as to what he thought. I wasn't all up on getting over on anyone,although we all seek "the deal". I agreed to his terms,and we shook hands.....
    I would've liked to see him build it,now that I've met him,and I see/hear that spark in him......
    The torch passes,and time marches on...... If I don't do it justice,someone will, and we both know it.... Another car tale......... I'll hammer on the roller tomorrow,and post some snaps.....

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

it's tomorrow already

9. manyolcars

manyolcars

they are still out there and they will always be out there until the end of time

10. Only a lil time to play today...concentrated on the chassis..... did a lil cleaning,mock up.......Rear "bone" is on it's way,only thing missing.....well,and the shocks WTH?
    Probably going in the classifieds......A good deal,but can't veer from my roadster. This was chassis/related day.
    the next go-a-round will be the cab and related...... A + = clean CA VIN! Which I verified personally......Job perk!

Attached Files:

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

12. Very nice find!!:D:D

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Very nice to read the part about the owner setting the price any you just shaking hands and agreeing to it, it was a good deal for both of you. Look forward to seeing the bits and pieces in the extras boxes. Bob

14. Nice...please tell me the VIN didn't end with 9200.

15. daddylama

daddylama

congrats- very cool find!

16. Road Angels

Road Angels

Any Idea what direction your going to take it yet

17. ...very nice, lucky find.
    ..this AA truck sit just 3 miles west of me in the woods for 40+ years, never knew about it til last spring, I got it...not nice like yours, looks like last pic now.

Attached Files: