Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Uncertain T"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, May 24, 2005.

1. pontman

pontman

I looked past this thread many times becaues theres so much happening here. Started creeping about page 9, and gotta say this car is so cool. Steve Scott built a cool custom T. You can't argue that can you?

2. Colin HD

Colin HD

I was in no way implying that I liked it!!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

3. metalshapes

metalshapes

It was a Ebay listing of a vehicle that was built in a completely Off Topic buildstyle.

And no, there wasnt much to like about it.

So why bring it up again after it has been Deleted?

4. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

I seen a pig fly today, it was in a TV commercial so I am CERTAIN that someone is going to snap a current pic of the UNCERTAIN T with their cell phone send it to Steve and he will post it

5. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I'll believe it when I see it.:cool:

6. TennesseeZ

TennesseeZ

Yada, yada, yada................

X2

Same here.

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I finally figured out what this thread is all about. We thought it was the Uncertain T.

This is really the Uncertain Thread

8. TennesseeZ

TennesseeZ

Should have been titled " Uncertainty".

9. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

Just checking in to see if a current picture of this thing had surfaced yet.

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

11. TennesseeZ

TennesseeZ

Have you checked his facebook store?

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That would make no difference, current pictures of the way the car looks now and details of where it is will never be posted.

There is no concrete proof that the car even still exists. Beyond Steve's word.

This whole thing is extremely lame.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  13. TennesseeZ

TennesseeZ

I was trying to be facetious (sarcastic), and point out that his facebook page is only a sham for him to sell autographs or whatever. I agree with everything you said.

14. slammed

slammed

So letting it die/fade back to black would be fitting, yes?

15. This is one of my favorite T's! I just wish more had its wacky but cool factor.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

17. I can guarantee that pics of the Uncertain T in its current state at a "Northern California vineyard property" will not be posted here in this HAMB thread ... but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of such photos showing up in a future issue of The Rodder's Journal ... or perhaps Ganahl's "LOST HOT RODS III" book.

While I agree that Mr. Scott is "milking" his claim to fame (designer/builder of the Uncertain T) for every dollar & cent he possibly can, why begrudge a retired gentleman for trying to capitalize on his past successes?

As a young man he worked for Car Craft magazine, traveled the show-car circuit, and was involved with the promotion of the Monogram scale model of his car, etc. ... so it's not surprising that he may have a slightly different perspective of this hobby than you or I ... for him, it's always been about the "marketing aspects" of Hot Rodding.

Bottom line: No one is pointing a gun at your head to buy one of his autographed photos, his (Jeff Allison or Aaron Godfrey designed) T-shirts, or his last MIB 1st edition model kit ... If you are turned off by the SPAMy nature of his "Steve Scott's Uncertain T" website or his facebook page, simply don't bother visiting them!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  18. I think TRJ would be a great place to see it... just my 2 cents worth...

19. It's a shame that things are/were handled the way they are. It has really turned me off to the whole thing. I feel like when the car finally does show up, most won't care anymore.

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You can add me to that list. Sure it will be interesting to see it in RJ or the lost hot rods book, but beyond that my impression will be "big deal", who really cares.

As I said before the whole thing is lame.

21. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think what it boils down to is that the car itself was the celebrity and the owner was just the guy who built it. Maybe that sounds goofy, but there are a lot of cars like that where we love the car and the builder is just along for the ride.

Norm was different, he WAS the car, and was a gentleman who remained just one of the guys. That is why we loved him. The builder of the UnCertain T came across to me with some arrogance and didn't exactly seem to appreciate how loyal the HAMB was to his creation or it's memory. It was like we were only a conduit to make a few bucks. But that is just my feelings on the matter.

Norm is someone I would have loved to have a beer with, but the builder of this car, not so much. :p

Don

22. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Aside from the B.S. or not of this thread I still marvel at the ingenuity and and finish that the young builder put into it. Other than the outlandish body he built, it would have been a beautiful standard T. Not saying I din't like the body he built. I do in a strange way. I like it a lot better than the finned funny painted creations that came later.

23. We could have built one in the time it took to read this adventure packed thread.

24. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

To bad Steve won't did out the car and hit the show circut, he could sit next to Butch Patrick AKA Eddie Munster and Huggie Bear and sign autograft Uncertain T pics and make the really big bucks

25. That's what really kind of ruined it for me. Very arrogant, and the reality is it's just one car. He didn't build 20 amazing vehicles, just the one. If and when the car shows up, it's not going to be nearly as exciting as it should have been. I really dig the car, but am very turned off by the whole thing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he makes his money, and "disappears" again.

26. pontman

pontman

27. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with you 100%

However, I think that this is now true too.

28. Cruiser

Cruiser

Drama, Some threads like this one get away with murder, while others get deleted faster the grease lighten by THE HAMB POLICE. "VERY INTERESTING".

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  29. @pontman -

While these pics haven't been posted in this thread, I do somewhat remember seeing them on Mr. Scott's Uncertain T website or facebook page ... but I'm really not sure because it's been a long time since I've bothered to browse his sites (i.e., I have zero interest in buying one of his autographed pics or T-shirts).

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  30. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Why bother posting pictures, it's all for nothing and that's a certain T :D